Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Blake_

Blake_

1 hour ago, faatal said:

1 This week: Fixing holes/overlaps in block meshes/colliders (added shape ModelOffset). Testing (using) Unity 2019.4. Changes to skin quality settings, so can change on a per entity/LOD basis. Fixed a playtest load bug. Improved shape loading. Improved chunk debug grid drawing. Improving chunk mesh generation.

2 That will probably be A21

3 Saw some new screenshots today. New POI placement system is looking cool.

4 Artists are working on new weapon, block and zed/animal content, but nothing that has needed programmers for, other that the skin change I made.

We could make texture changes using layers or whatever, but don't know that we have the time for that. My general goal is to optimize what we have and not add features, unless the feature is a good memory or performance win.

Block type and possibly xml settings may determine painting, but I've not looked much at how that works.

Thank you for the optimizations, the skin LOD is going to improve performance in my Atari quite a bit. I was baffled at their level of detail despite having them on low. 

Also I noticed that several electrodomestics could use a severe downgrade of the texture when looking at them from a distance (in my Nintendo Pc  distance is about 20+ meters, aka the average corner to corner distance of a room in a Tier 1 POI), and of course they should never vanish even at 0% LOD. They do vanish still, from 5 m( like the toaster)  to 15 meters ( ~the rest) . Increasing the vanishment distance should do the trick. 

Nice to hear about RWG POI improvements. Also I hope you guys get to do some special ZD AI soon enough. 

Blake_

Blake_

1 hour ago, faatal said:

1 This week: Fixing holes/overlaps in block meshes/colliders (added shape ModelOffset). Testing (using) Unity 2019.4. Changes to skin quality settings, so can change on a per entity/LOD basis. Fixed a playtest load bug. Improved shape loading. Improved chunk debug grid drawing. Improving chunk mesh generation.

4 Artists are working on new weapon, block and zed/animal content, but nothing that has needed programmers for, other that the skin change I made.

We could make texture changes using layers or whatever, but don't know that we have the time for that. My general goal is to optimize what we have and not add features, unless the feature is a good memory or performance win.

Block type and possibly xml settings may determine painting, but I've not looked much at how that works.

Thank you for the optimizations, the skin LOD is going to improve performance in my Atari quite a bit. I was baffled at their level of detail despite having them on low. 

Also I noticed that several electrodomestics could use a severe downgrade of the texture when looking at them from a distance (in my Nintendo Pc  distance is about 20+ meters, aka the average corner to corner distance of a Tier 1 POI), and of course they should never vanish even at 0% LOD. They do vanish still, from 5 m( like the toaster)  to 15 meters ( ~the rest) . Increasing the vanishment distance should do the trick. 

Nice to hear about RWG POI improvements. Also I hope you guys get to do some special ZD AI soon enough. 

Blake_

Blake_

1 hour ago, faatal said:

Also I noticed that several electrodomestics could also use a severe downgrade of the texture when looking at them from a distance (in my Nintendo Pc  distance is about 20+ meters, aka the average corner to corner distance of a Tier 1 POI), and of course they should never vanish even at 0% LOD. They do vanish still, from 5 m( like the toaster)  to 15 meters ( ~the rest) . Increasing the vanishment distance should do the trick.