Sign in to follow this  
arramus

Snufkin's Community Pack Server Side Vehicles

7 hours ago, oakraven said:

Fill them with gas (  Battle Bus Drone / PeNa 1979 Express, only need to do it one time) to get the sound working

I just added that request to the opening post as it's a large part of the experience.

• Thanks 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, PeNa1979 said:

Aha...so, if i understand it right, everything you add to the blimp, has no collision ? Then the adding od the second trashthing is useless...OK, i got that :) so we have to land carefully :)

Adding new features that use physics can cause this effect when people join with high ping and syncing gets odd.

20201119221101_1.thumb.jpg.a5ad220abd442196ebbd88c45369036e.jpg

20201119221105_1.thumb.jpg.defd3b336f492823f23f4a5f17a7f914.jpg

In this case though, oakraven added a very small metal attachment inside the new container. This will be like a stabiliser for landing and cause minimal issue.

20201120003324_1.thumb.jpg.b336e614c7e5e7f879b9ebad438a9040.jpg

This has replaced the Blimp in the most recent update so only people who had the earlier version need to download it again or wait until a future build.

• Thanks 1

Getting a spam error of "id=950 already exists" on my dedicated server.
Tracked it down to the vehicle storage id's any clue why we'd be seeing that?

1 hour ago, Crymson said:

Getting a spam error of "id=950 already exists" on my dedicated server.
Tracked it down to the vehicle storage id's any clue why we'd be seeing that?

It usually indicates a conflict with another mod or overhaul where an item has already been assigned that id number. It has been reported on the thread for the Xpansion Weapons that the WhiteRiverToC_Spirit_of_Vengence mod has the same loot 950 951 951.

@magejosh offered this solution in that instance and the same solution may well apply for your own possible conflict.

• Knuckle Rub 1

Ahh very cool, I did a grep through my mod folder and had found no reference for id=950 outside the vehicle mod which is why I asked. I really appreciate the quick response I wanted to make these available to my players and since I couldn't find a fix myself I came here.  Thanks again you rock!

• Like 2

A small stability fix and audio amendment.

Download: https://github.com/arramus/Snufkin-Community-Pack-Server-Side-Vehicles-A19-Stable-2020Nov21

The Battle Bus Drone vehicle used the Battle Bus prefab to provide collision. Unfortunately, this proves to be unstable due to syncing issues and may be caused by the complex animations of the drones. As such, the Battle Bus Prefab has been replaced by a couple of back seat engines. Anything given physics will shake, rattle, and roll until things are optimized but these engines look more in context and provide the necessary collision for the back of the bus to stop players walking through it.

Cow Head approves.

20201121190800_1.thumb.jpg.7a03b3aadad47f1fff5b13b9734be21a.jpg

Have one more "idea" about updating the PenaAirship :

what about adding a third BigTrash between the two ? It doesnt need to have the collision part ! Only for the look of the whole airhip, like the bottom part is one big person carrier...

10 hours ago, PeNa1979 said:

Have one more "idea" about updating the PenaAirship :

what about adding a third BigTrash between the two ? It doesnt need to have the collision part ! Only for the look of the whole airhip, like the bottom part is one big person carrier...

Thanks PeNa. Seeing as it is your namesake, I can only agree :)

I shall make sure it’s on the list of updates.

• Thanks 1