movie

bishopsbourne

Like many computer games of past : silent hill, resident evil, doom.

once the game is complete The fun pimps should sell the movie rights.

Many of the zombies are unique, and undoubt the story will be facinating and would make a great stage

for a movie, mini series or full blown Tv series Saga.

I think it would depend heavily on the storyline the devs up with.  Silent Hill, Resident Evil, and Doom all have amazing storylines that can be drawn from.  Currently there really is just the zombies, the traders, and a mysterious enemy that we know nothing about.  

No shade, but I'm not expecting the story for this game to be very good. After years of development, they still haven't decided major elements of the plot. That generally doesn't bode well from a writing perspective, so I wouldn't hold my breath on any adaptations.

As an aside, how many of those video game adaptations are actually any good? Maybe the first Resident Evil as a pure popcorn flick, but that's really about it, IMO. I mean, according to Rotten Tomatoes, the 3 best (reviewed) video game movies of all time are Angry Birds 2, Detective Pikachu, and Sonic the Hedgehog...yikes. Incidentally, those 3 are also the only video game movies to ever receive positive ratings on the Tomatometer.

Luckily, this game doesn't need a good story to be fun to play.

I think a movie could work if not story-centered. Of course, you can explain how the whole apocalypse happened and all, but it should be foccused on following a survivor with no actual goals but surviving (and no family drama plz). You can make jump scare moments easily and fill in action packed moments for the horde nights.

Although, getting caught up in the middle of a Duke (Negan style) vs White River war could be interesting.

Damn, now my mind is boiling with possibilities of how this could be done.

4 hours ago, JaxTeller718 said:

I for one can not wait to see nerd poling on the big screen. 

Oh god.. the cringe im getting from imagining that...

35 minutes ago, Psychodabble said:

Are you implying that they have been decided and kept secret?

1) Story is kept secret for a lot of games in development. Especially in story-heavy games like full-blown RPGs, sure. But even in this game I see no reason for them to spell out everything even if the story is already written in detail.

2) For a long time now they have revealed features only once they have them fully implemented. We simply don't know whether a full script exists, but we know that the story  can only be put in once NPCs are available.

@Psychodabble We do know that it will be the trades and the white river citizens vs the duke and his bandits. Some trader dialouges already hint to that and it was also mentioned in the dev stream for A19.

But ofc there won´t be more details until the game is released. That would be stupid tbh. There is already enough people who don´t buy story driven SP games anymore because they can see the story on youtube/twitch on release day, thx to streamers getting their versions earlier.

Zombie films are burned-out/over-done.

I'd recommend to you my idea of a zombie-action story set in medieval times where an inn-keeper finds himself separated from his wife by knights who quarantine the nearby town.

Fighting his way through the knights, he makes his way to his condemned Inn, reaches his buried secret, and pulls out his old Crusader Armor/weaponry. Now it's on. Hacking his way thru hordes of zombies and cultists to discover an evil Bishop summoning an army of the dead and sacrificing women to Satan's harem.

Now *THAT* would make a good movie.

7days, sadly wouldn't cut it.

I vote for my Medieval-time Zombie action film...or my Zombie Titanic story. The TRUE story of why they SANK the Titanic.

*NOTE* I do not believe a Zombie Action film has been done before. I define action films as "going through every weapon possible". Dredd was the last action film made. "Expendables" is not an action film because each character has their token weapon and does not change weapons under almost any circumstance.

As a result, Expendables sucks, and Dredd is a cult-classic.

This definition is true for ALL action movies, test it.

And no Zombie movie is an action movie.

Now picture an ex-Crusader, who cursed the sins he committed in Jerusalem, hacking his way through hordes of zombies with every bit of metal, farm tool, and stone he can get his grubby hands on, as he wrathfully beats his way through piles of cultists and corrupted knights serving a Satanic Bishop.

Go on...feast on that orgasm

6 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

I seem to recall Madmole saying that they were approached with the idea to do a movie based on the game. They ended up turning it down because the studio basically just wanted another TWD clone.

Yup, I still think Zombies are played out.

I want to see a version of it where the world has fallen to a form of rabies that doesn't kill dogs, but only makes them mankillers and stronger/crazier. I call it "Man's Last Friend" and it's about a man and his dog that is immune and protects him from the roving packs, and the drama that ensues when he finds a fort of survivors who don't trust his best friend.

It's a dog lover's story...minus all the, rabid man eating dogs....I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 7:24 PM, IDNeon said:

Zombie films are burned-out/over-done.

So you're saying that zombie films are dead? 

I could not resist. Not sorry though.

Also, I love the story idea. I'd definitely go watch it. I'd like the dog one if the infected dogs make the same tie fighter sounds when they die like 7d2d's do.

Archived