Upgrading Bars

Sjustus548

I find it weird that we can't upgrade bars from Iron to Steel, I'm not sure if we can upgrade from wood to iron or not since I never make wooden bars.  I kind of just assumed we could so I used all Iron Bars in my horde setup since I was planning on upgrading to steel later when I could make a lot more.  I finally reached that point and realized that I can't upgrade them so I'm going to have to replace them one at a time.  Anyone know if this just an oversight and the ability to upgrade them was just forgotten or if this was done on purpose?  

You can upgrade form wood to iron.
From what I've gathered from madmole, they are considering a steel version of the bars.
If they do decide to add them, I suspect that they'll end up reducing the hp of wood and iron and the steel bars would end up being only slightly better than the iron bars we have now.

4 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

You can upgrade form wood to iron.
From what I've gathered from madmole, they are considering a steel version of the bars.
If they do decide to add them, I suspect that they'll end up reducing the hp of wood and iron and the steel bars would end up being only slightly better than the iron bars we have now.

that would be a pity as for now using default game settings wood doesn't last any longer than a few hits by zeds... so they gonna be one hit for wooden, 5-10 hits for iron and like 20 for steel, that isn't offering any benefit of using them at all.

A stronger block that you can both clearly see and shoot through but zombies cannot pass though is naturally incredibly powerful. So I see exactly where he is coming from with not wanting stronger bars and support that view point. In their place we have poles that can be used but zombies can get through them and stacking them to block that also blocks more of your vision. Also poles do nothing to block melee unlike bars that would block it.

Now there is a bug currently in the game with horizontal poles and some other small block shapes that can trigger zombies anti stuck code. Which causes zombies to deal 6x damage if they believe that they are stuck with in geometry that can occur if the zombies hit box crosses into the blocks hit box. But this is very rare and very inconsistent even with the same exact pole and zombie as it depends on where exactly the zombie is at, block location/rotation, hit angle, zombie reach, player location/angle, and many other variables to cause the interaction. 

9 hours ago, Danidas said:

A stronger block that you can both clearly see and shoot through but zombies cannot pass though is naturally incredibly powerful. So I see exactly where he is coming from with not wanting stronger bars and support that view point. In their place we have poles that can be used but zombies can get through them and stacking them to block that also blocks more of your vision. Also poles do nothing to block melee unlike bars that would block it.

Now there is a bug currently in the game with horizontal poles and some other small block shapes that can trigger zombies anti stuck code. Which causes zombies to deal 6x damage if they believe that they are stuck with in geometry that can occur if the zombies hit box crosses into the blocks hit box. But this is very rare and very inconsistent even with the same exact pole and zombie as it depends on where exactly the zombie is at, block location/rotation, hit angle, zombie reach, player location/angle, and many other variables to cause the interaction. 

Placing half blocks on the floor helps with their "stuck" damage boost.

If we assume that they would give us steel bars, you can be 100% sure that they also would give you a new strong enemy to balance things. Or something like upping the damage of the cop puke, have spitting vultures outside of hordenight. You get the idea, i guess...

What i hate about the bars is the fact that you can´t throw grenades or pipe bombs if the bars above you are headed down wards.

The iron bars are already kind of OP. Personally I would rather see their health halved over giving them more health. Or perhaps a better solution would be to skip the iron bars altogether and have only steel bars be in the game, but with the same health. So you get them later on and they cost more to upgrade/repair during a horde night.

Archived