New modder need some help

Morlon

Hi everyone,

just started modding today and most stuff like adding new items and recipes works very well, but i got some problems i cant solve...

1. I want to change the Material (for scrapping) of books and schematics.. i tried this:

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='schematicMaster']/@Material">MresourceRockSmall</set>
  <set xpath="/items/item[@name='skillBookMaster']/@Material">MresourceRockSmall</set>

changing the attribute in data/config/items.xml works fine, but i cant find out how to change it via mod.

2. Is it possible to add own recipes to the workbench categories? f.e. adding a new desk to building-tab?

3. Is it possible to add own categorys to self-created workstations?

4. and last but not least, i have a recipe that should be unlocked by intellect10, what value should i write into UnlockedBy-property?

thanks,

Morlon

Found my misstake in Question 1.

correct is 

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='schematicMaster']/property[@name='Material']/@value">MresourceBlueprintSchematic</set>
  <set xpath="/items/item[@name='skillBookMaster']/property[@name='Material']/@value">MresourceBlueprintBook</set>

But it still doesnt work... i added two items in items.xml (resourceBlueprintSchematic and resourceBlueprintBook), also added them to materials.xml as MresourceBlueprintSchematic and MresourceBlueprintBook. But how can i connect resourceBlueprintBook with MresourceBlueprintBook? The game has to know that its the same, but i cant figure out how...

6 hours ago, Morlon said:

Hi everyone,

just started modding today and most stuff like adding new items and recipes works very well, but i got some problems i cant solve...

1. I want to change the Material (for scrapping) of books and schematics.. i tried this:

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='schematicMaster']/@Material">MresourceRockSmall</set>
  <set xpath="/items/item[@name='skillBookMaster']/@Material">MresourceRockSmall</set>

changing the attribute in data/config/items.xml works fine, but i cant find out how to change it via mod.

2. Is it possible to add own recipes to the workbench categories? f.e. adding a new desk to building-tab?

3. Is it possible to add own categorys to self-created workstations?

4. and last but not least, i have a recipe that should be unlocked by intellect10, what value should i write into UnlockedBy-property?

thanks,

Morlon

1: since you found the correct xpath, you also need a scrap recipe in recipes.xml for the new item to scrap to. never done it myself, but there should be vanilla references in there.
2: yes, just add a craft_area="workbench" to the recipe to get it crafted in the workbench, then change the actual group property of the item in items.xml...
3: never tried.
4: unlockedby is just for displaying what the item in question is unlocked by. you have to add a progression recipe unlock in progression.xml. look up any passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" bit in progression for a reference.

thanks Telric.

But i still dont understand the scrap mechanics...

what i found in vanilla is that:

<recipe name="resourcePaper" count="1" tooltip="ttScrapMetalBrass" always_unlocked="true" tags="salvageScrap"> <wildcard_forge_category /> </recipe>

so i added two lines with my items, but it still doesnt work. 

here're my files:

items.xml

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='schematicMaster']/property[@name='Material']/@value">MresourceBlueprintSchematic</set>
  <set xpath="/items/item[@name='skillBookMaster']/property[@name='Material']/@value">MresourceBlueprintBook</set>

<append xpath="/items">

<item name="resourceBlueprintBook"> <!-- scrap material -->
	<property name="HoldType" value="45"/>
	<property name="Tags" value="junk"/>
	<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sackPrefab.prefab"/>
	<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>
	<property name="Material" value="MresourceBlueprintBook"/>
	<property name="Stacknumber" value="100"/> <!-- STK resource -->
	<property name="FuelValue" value="1"/>
	<property name="Weight" value="1"/>
	<property name="EconomicValue" value="10"/>
	<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="10"/>
	<property name="Group" value="Resources"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="resourcePaper"/>
	<property name="CustomIconTint" value="0044cc"/>
</item>

<item name="resourceBlueprintSchematic"> <!-- scrap material -->
	<property name="HoldType" value="45"/>
	<property name="Tags" value="junk"/>
	<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sackPrefab.prefab"/>
	<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>
	<property name="Material" value="MresourceBlueprintSchematic"/>
	<property name="Stacknumber" value="100"/> <!-- STK resource -->
	<property name="FuelValue" value="1"/>
	<property name="Weight" value="1"/>
	<property name="EconomicValue" value="10"/>
	<property name="EconomicBundleSize" value="10"/>
	<property name="Group" value="Resources"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="resourcePaper"/>
	<property name="CustomIconTint" value="0088aa"/>
</item>
 [...]

materials.xml:

<append xpath="/materials">

<material id="MresourceBlueprintBook">
	<property name="damage_category" value="cloth"/>
	<property name="surface_category" value="cloth"/>
	<property name="forge_category" value="paper"/>
	<property name="Experience" value="4"/>
</material>

<material id="MresourceBlueprintSchematic">
	<property name="damage_category" value="cloth"/>
	<property name="surface_category" value="cloth"/>
	<property name="forge_category" value="paper"/>
	<property name="Experience" value="4"/>
</material>

</append>

recipes.xml:

<recipe name="resourceBlueprintBook" count="1" tooltip="ttScrapMetalBrass" always_unlocked="true" tags="salvageScrap"> <wildcard_forge_category /> </recipe>
<recipe name="resourceBlueprintSchematic" count="1" tooltip="ttScrapMetalBrass" always_unlocked="true" tags="salvageScrap"> <wildcard_forge_category /> </recipe>

Archived