Game stopped working

Chery123

Hi.

I cant go in to the game.

And when i start it from steam or app  it shows this image.

A while ago i could go in game but wasn't able to create and play a rw only navezgane and pregen1..2..3

Would love to get some help. Haven't been able to play the game since a19 release.

7dtd.jpg

Best guess is no DirectX support, or no supported display adapter.  Seems like I might have covered something on an error like this in the FAQ, but that could be for a different game I support.

Either way, more information is certainly needed.  Please try not to use your cell phone for data.

@Chery123  your crash dump will be in a link in the bottom of your output logs.

However, you're likely running out of ram. You're at 8GB which you also share that with your integrated GPU, which your driver is out of date for that too.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620

You're going to have to sacrifice a bit of resolution and graphics options after updating your driver. Try those out first.

I have a laptop with an HD 4000 which, I think (I can't keep up with Intel's nomenclature anymore), is weaker than your 620. It can run the game. So, update your driver, clean your PC up a bit (disable background processes, etc.) and try again without EAC running.

1 hour ago, Jugginator said:

@Chery123  your crash dump will be in a link in the bottom of your output logs.

However, you're likely running out of ram. You're at 8GB which you also share that with your integrated GPU, which your driver is out of date for that too.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620

You're going to have to sacrifice a bit of resolution and graphics options after updating your driver. Try those out first.

I have a laptop with an HD 4000 which, I think (I can't keep up with Intel's nomenclature anymore), is weaker than your 620. It can run the game. So, update your driver, clean your PC up a bit (disable background processes, etc.) and try again without EAC running.

@Jugginator Updated drivers just now with intel assistant, still cant go in the game. And like a month and a bit ago when i was playing a19 exp i used lowest graphics and it was running ok (by that i mean roughly 20 fps). And i have never used EAC.

@Chery123Try cleaning your game files like this:

From Steam Library click "Play"
Select "Show Game Launcher" from the popup.
Click "Play"
From the game launcher select the "Tools" tab.
From the Tools tab select "Clean game data..."
Check all the boxes and select "All Maps" under Discovered map of remote games.
Click "Clean"
Close the launcher, don't start the game.
From your Steam Library, right click the game and select "properties".
Select the "Local Files" tab, and click "Verify Integrity of Game Files"
After the game is verified, try playing again.

4 hours ago, Chery123 said:

@Beelzybub Ive done that about 15 times now, plus reinstalled the game, reinstalled windows. Nothing works.

Tried again. Still shows the image in the first post for a brief second then closes the game.

Unfortunately, you're likely running out of ram. Disable any anti virus including Windows defender, ensure your page file is set to automatically managed; shut absolutely everything down that isn't vital for Windows to operate.

Please be careful with this below:

Go into regedit, navigate to    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die

Find OptionsGfxTexQuality , double click, change the number to a 3 if it isn't already; that will set your texture size to eighth. I'm not sure if that would help or not (thinking it's preloading full textures), but worth a shot I suppose.

My laptop has an i3 3110m (I think, off the top of my head), 8GB ram, HD 4000 and it runs on half textures and 1024x768, although it has Win 8.1 on it.

Just tested on my own craptop. I know this thing doesn't meet min specs, but I could pull off about 20FPS in a16 with it.  I5-4210U @1.7GHz, 8GB RAM, and Intel HD 4400 "GPU" that has a net 112MB dedicated RAM, and shares 2048 of my system RAM. This is not a laptop I use for gaming. (Well I tried loading Plants vs Zombies on it a few weeks ago, and it struggled with just that.) This is mostly for diagnosing

It literally took almost 10 minutes to start the client with default settings at a resolution of 1366x768. FPS was 14. Would need to tweak the settings, but I'm at work atm, and shouldn't be playing with this. :behindsofa:

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Phimpli said:

While playing on my brother's server, the game crashed all the way to the desktop. When I rejoined the server, I could move and get into my inv but couldn't get into anything else. Can it have connections with the problem in thread?

One connection is that people will tell you that they need more information, output logs, dxdiag output...

Archived