A19 modding question

VENOM2019

On 10/24/2020 at 2:29 PM, mr.devolver said:

You are most likely using newer version of Unity than the game itself, so you might want to check out the output.log to see the exact version. Alternatively check out this guide. It may not point you to the most current version, but at the very least, it's one that was already tested and accepted by the game.

Now I managed to make blocks and items, but with blocks I can't make chest like blocks(I can't interact with them, Can't damage them, can't open them) and this is really annoying thing because in A17 it was easy to do, but in a19 its crappy.

8 hours ago, VENOM2019 said:

Now I managed to make blocks and items, but with blocks I can't make chest like blocks(I can't interact with them, Can't damage them, can't open them) and this is really annoying thing because in A17 it was easy to do, but in a19 its crappy.

Crappy = exactly the same in this case... You either dont have a box collider or dont have a T_Mesh_B tag, or have the tags in the incorrect slot in the tag manager... Once those 3 requirements are met, it will be lootable / interactable with however you have your xml.

Like Telric said,  it's probably a problem with the T_Mesh_B tag. The model must be tagged with it, and it must come in the proper order on the list of tags (3rd option as I recall, but at work so I can't check). Trust me, I made this same mistake with xyth's flags, and found that I could place them, but not pick them up/destroy them. The culprit was me having T_Mesh_B out of order in the options.

which tag I need for a simple block, and to an interactable block? because I use T_Mesh_B and I can't see the model that I made for it. I use tag at 'GameObject' thing. you know, when you create empty gameobject where you can put the prefab you made. I want to make placeable duke coins, and I can't see the model.

can someone write down the correct order with the tags? I mean where do i have to put T_Mesh_B  and which layer should I use.

On 10/27/2020 at 5:08 AM, Cranberry Monster said:

Like Telric said,  it's probably a problem with the T_Mesh_B tag. The model must be tagged with it, and it must come in the proper order on the list of tags (3rd option as I recall, but at work so I can't check). Trust me, I made this same mistake with xyth's flags, and found that I could place them, but not pick them up/destroy them. The culprit was me having T_Mesh_B out of order in the options.

what do you mean by 3rd option??? can you send a screenshot about your blocks? I mean how did you managed to to that with tags. I really want to make a block that I can pick up and another block to store items in it. and I'm making a yt series on yt. Please help!

Archived