Mod help/fps drop/vid settings

IrishRed

Hey there. 

I am a pretty big noob when it comes to playing on PC, and with that new to mods.

I'm playing the War3zuk mod and having some issues. My current settings are in the pictures. Im having some pretty massive fps drop when in dense areas, making it almost unplayable. I run fairly steady 50-60 for the most part but when in denser spots it dips to the teens. 

Also I am using the mod launcher to play the game. In game it says I'm on alpha 19.2 (b4) but I have steam at 19.1 because I thought it would help. How do I sync steam alpha with mod launcher.? 

Hopefully you all understand what I'm asking. 

My specs are also in the pictures except my card which is a GeForce gtx1660s. 

20201022_185102.jpg

20201022_175843.jpg

20201022_175823.jpg

On 10/22/2020 at 7:52 PM, IrishRed said:

Hey there. 

I am a pretty big noob when it comes to playing on PC, and with that new to mods.

I'm playing the War3zuk mod and having some issues. My current settings are in the pictures. Im having some pretty massive fps drop when in dense areas, making it almost unplayable. I run fairly steady 50-60 for the most part but when in denser spots it dips to the teens. 

Also I am using the mod launcher to play the game. In game it says I'm on alpha 19.2 (b4) but I have steam at 19.1 because I thought it would help. How do I sync steam alpha with mod launcher.? 

Hopefully you all understand what I'm asking. 

My specs are also in the pictures except my card which is a GeForce gtx1660s. 

20201022_185102.jpg

20201022_175843.jpg

20201022_175823.jpg

Hi IrishRed

For the performance problem, you can lower the resolution a little, deactivate Bloom and SSAO, the fps drop is because there are too many buildings, houses, trees, grass, etc. and it is not the same to walk in a desert place, you can see the difference.
I think the Warzuk mod was not yet synced in the Mod Launcher.
Hope that helps you.
Regards

14 hours ago, Gouki said:

Hi IrishRed

For the performance problem, you can lower the resolution a little, deactivate Bloom and SSAO, the fps drop is because there are too many buildings, houses, trees, grass, etc. and it is not the same to walk in a desert place, you can see the difference.
I think the Warzuk mod was not yet synced in the Mod Launcher.
Hope that helps you.
Regards

Will give it a try. Thank you!!

Another reason could be an HDD if you didn't yet manage to transfer to SSD. This piece really boosts up the performance. On the other side I do not really see why game should dip with your CPU and GPU assuming you actually didn't set "all hight". Give it a try just setting everything to "as low as possible" and check it out, and for goods sake get those reflections to off as they are not optimised the proper way and consume resources as hell. With all set to low/off you should run like plain 100 fps with small dips when lots of houses/entities etc is loading and that's it. My daughters notebook is actually way weaker as it is I5-8300H and a GeForce GTX 1060 3Gb, I could tune vanilla there to run at pleasant 40-60 FPS all time with: Texture Quality : Full, Texture filter: high, view list: Far. All rest dumped to low, what gave a stable playable FPS and a nice picture. 

Archived