Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
TSBX

TSBX

Let me start out by saying that I have been critical to the direction the game has taken in the past few years, and I am a huge proponent of the modding scene for this game. I'm an admin on one of the popular modding discords, I've put out a few minor modlets, but most importantly, I READ. I know. I understand a lot of concepts and how the xmls generally work.

With that being said, I can say that Alpha 19 was the first alpha in a long time that I was able to put 30+ hours into without feeling like anything *needed* to be modded. There are preferences that I'd like, and while I would change a lot of things, it's fine out of the box.

The devs have been clear that they are molding the game in their vision and it's okay to disagree. It's fine to prioritize things that they don't. It's cool to think the game is too easy/hard. That's where the modding community comes into play. Don't like something? Find a mod that fixes it. There's not one? Sky's the limit, get to learnin'. Don't want to do that? Well, there's always vanilla. :)

TSBX

TSBX

Let me start out by saying that I have been critical to the direction the game has taken in the past few years, and I am a huge proponent of the modding scene for this game. I'm an admin on one of the popular modding discords, I've put out a few minor modlets, but most importantly, I *READ*. I know. I understand a lot of concepts and how the xmls generally work.

With that being said, I can say that Alpha 19 was the first alpha in a long time that I was able to put 30+ hours into without feeling like anything *needed* to be modded. There are preferences that I'd like, and while I would change a lot of things, it's fine out of the box.

The devs have been clear that they are molding the game in their vision and it's okay to disagree. It's fine to prioritize things that they don't. It's cool to think the game is too easy/hard. That's where the modding community comes into play. Don't like something? Find a mod that fixes it. There's not one? Sky's the limit, get to learnin'. Don't want to do that? Well, there's always vanilla. :)