Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

2 hours ago, Solomon said:

I seriously hope we dont go down the Bethseda road where we must actively seek mods to get more out of the game

Then you're asking for no modding support-- which is problematic since this game was created on the idea that it would be fully moddable so that individuals and communities could tailor the game to exactly their preferences and add more depth in those areas they deem important. The vanilla game will be the dev's vision but no matter how packed that might be with content, there will come a day when you've wrung it dry and will be wanting more. But, now you've just stated that you hope there isn't more to be found from mods beyond the standard game.

This attitude of seeing a modable game as some kind of detrimental thing is just beyond bafflement to me. The developers have their plan and they will deliver the game they want to make. They have also made it so that others can modify it in whatever creative ways they can think of. This should be a cause of celebration and gratitude and not for gloom and criticism. No game can cater perfectly to every gamer. What you detest in the default package, others love --and that is where the beauty of modding comes in to bridge that gap between the preferences of different gamers and make the game appealing to many more people than it normally would be. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, Bethesda aside, OF COURSE you are going to seek mods to get more out of the game than the basic package.

#Duh

36 minutes ago, Jeraal said:

Already there, but not for the anti-cheese. Well, not just that.

pfft....we've been there for 6+ YEARS. We had mods being made from almost the very beginning. Saying that we are "already there" on needing to seek out mods to deliver a deeper and more enjoyable experience for our own preferences is like saying we are "already there" on needing dedicated graphics cards to play the game....

#DoubleDuh :rolleyes2:

Roland

Roland

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

I seriously hope we dont go down the Bethseda road where we must actively seek mods to get more out of the game

Then you're asking for no modding support-- which is problematic since this game was created on the idea that it would be fully moddable so that individuals and communities could tailor the game to exactly their preferences and add more depth in those areas they deem important. The vanilla game will be the dev's vision but no matter how packed that might be with content, there will come a day when you've wrung it dry and will be wanting more. But, now you've just stated that you hope there isn't more to be found from mods beyond the standard game.

This attitude of seeing a modable game as some kind of detrimental thing is just beyond bafflement to me. The developers have their plan and they will deliver the game they want to make. They have also made it so that others can modify it in whatever creative ways they can think of. This should be a cause of celebration and gratitude and not for gloom and criticism. No game can cater perfectly to every gamer. What you detest in the default package, others love --and that is where the beauty of modding comes in to bridge that gap between the preferences of different gamers and make the game appealing to many more people than it normally would be. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, Bethesda aside, OF COURSE you are going to seek mods to get more out of the game than the basic package.

#Duh

29 minutes ago, Jeraal said:

Already there, but not for the anti-cheese. Well, not just that.

pfft....we've been there for 6+ YEARS. We had mods being made from almost the very beginning. Saying that we are "already there" on needing to seek out mods to deliver a deeper and more enjoyable experience for our own preferences is like saying we are "already there" on needing dedicated graphics cards to play the game....

#double duh :rolleyes2: