Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
stample

stample

So I tried hordenight in a gyro to see how effective vultures were.  Turbo vultures don't even stop you from cheesing horde in a vehicle.  Get in your gyrocopter, fly way up.  Vultures spawn near ground level, and if you're up near ceiling cap they are too far to chase you.  if you spend 1 of every 4 seconds driving, and the other 3 coasting, you can make it all night w/o needing gas.

The problem here is how much effort TFP puts into anti-cheesing, which is either a) ineffective or b) opening roads to a new type of cheese.  It feels like they spend more time trying to prevent players from playing differently than adding new features.  Vehicles are one example, zombies never missing a block when attacking is another, engineering-degree AI is another.  Zombie swimming faster than people, can't forget that.

Look, I like that they're improving the game.  I think finding ways to make hordes less avoidable is good.  But vultures and swimming just feel punitive.

To steal from good ole Mr. Ford

You can play this open-world survival crafting zombie horde game any way you want to... as long as its how Joel wants you to.

stample

stample

So I tried hordenight in a gyro to see how effective vultures were.  Turbo vultures don't even stop you from cheesing horde in a vehicle.  Get in your gyrocopter, fly way up.  Vultures spawn near ground level, and if you're up near ceiling cap they are too far to chase you.  if you spend 1 of every 4 seconds driving, and the other 3 coasting, you can make it all night w/o needing gas.

The problem here is how much effort TFP puts into anti-cheesing, which is either a) ineffective or b) opening roads to a new type of cheese.  It feels like they spend more time trying to prevent players from playing differently than adding new features.  Vehicles are one example, zombies never missing a block when attacking is another, engineering-degree AI is another.

To steal from good ole Mr. Ford

You can play this open-world survival crafting zombie horde game any way you want to... as long as its how Joel wants you to.