7 Years To DIE Survivor (Desolate Interloper Exile Survivor) v1.16 (A19.4) *Twitch Integration not supported*

FranticDan

This mod is only available on the mod launcher. You'll need to download a file (down below) for Nitrogen World Generator if you wish to experience the added end-game POI.
I've also included a video guide on how to manually place the new POI in your existing game so you don't have to start a fresh playthrough.

Please note: As I only speak English, I have only changed text for English. So you won't see any differences when playing in another language when it comes to changes with perks, the background story and the letter you start with.

Do you find vanilla to be a cake walk with resources being abundant? But you love vanilla and don't want to heavily mod your game that removes that vanilla experience?
Then this hardcore vanilla experience mod is for you. Food is a real threat and hard to come by, progression is slowed down a notch, there's a real death penalty, grinding is actually a grind and there's an economy rebalance. Designed for worlds lasting 100+ days and for you to have a challenging time of survival during early and mid-game. 

There is now an even harder version available on the mod launcher called Just Die Already Edition. The list of changes can be found down below in a text file.

Background story:
It's the year 2041, 7 years since the zombie outbreak began. You used to belong to a thriving community of survivors.
You fell in love with the person of your dreams and they also fell in love with you.
But unfortunately, someone got jealous of your new found relationship. And so they set you up and you were found guilty to a serious crime,
one which you never committed. And you've been sentenced to 365 days of exile and left for dead in a far-out land, mostly deserted.
Luckily for you though, your love interest managed to sneak in some supplies in your backpack before you were knocked out and dumped.
The love you have helps you to keep fighting to live another day, someday you hope to see them again and start a new life together once you've served your punishment.
You secretly seek revenge on the person who framed you.

I play tested on Survivalist difficulty with zombies running during the day, sprint at night, no airdrops, 24 zombies alive during horde night.
Unsure how a multiplayer world will play out. 

List of changes:
- Require 25% more XP to level.
- Living Off The Land only unlocks seed crafting and makes farm plots cheaper to craft.
- You can craft Snowberry seeds (without perk), can be planted on most ground types. Yields 2 berries per harvest.
- Lowered ranks of Salvage Operations, Miner 69'er, Motherlode, and Pack Mule to 4 ranks. Huntsman to 2 ranks.
- Removed XP penalty when increasing ranks in salvage operations, motherlode and buffs that increase yield.
- Adjusted Salvage Operations, increased attack speed and lowered stamina drain.
- Removed Hackers Candy. (Harvesting an engine and getting 2 engines made no sense).
- Increased wild zombie spawns. Twice the spawns, Triple the respawn rate.
- Zombies give 25% less XP.
- Animals give ~60%-75% less resources.
- You now start with Mineral Water, Steak & Potato, First Aid Bandage, Painkiller, Herbal Antibiotics, a Flashlight and a Love Letter.
- Dying gives a 40% XP debt and you retain your food level. Gamestage lowers by 5 instead of 2.
- You retain all debuffs when dying, including infection. Dying from infection will cure you of infection.
- Very hungry and starving has a penalty to stamina regen and movement speed, starving also reduces attributes by one.
- Stages of hunger and thirst now increase at 60%, 30% and 10%.
- Traders sell price 500%, buy price 10%. Vending machines 150%.
- Traders no longer sell Tier 3 weapons, tools and armour.
- Barter items: Cigar, Sugar Butts and Awesome Sauce give half their bonus.
- Traders restock every 7 days instead of 3. Vending machines restock every 7 days.
- Vending machines hold more items to compensate restock frequency.
- Harvesting and salvaging gives 60%-75% less resources.
- Mining ores resources reduced by 68%, trees by 60%.
- Hitting a loose stone gives you 2 stones instead of 1.
- Trees take 50% longer and crops take twice as long to grow.
- Upgrading blocks cost 20% more.
- Increased prices for electrical traps.
- Reduced chance to harvest engines and batteries.
- Spike traps are cheaper to craft, repair and upgrade.
- Rebalanced resources from salvaging safes.
- 67% less ammo in loot.
- 60%-75% less quantity in loot.
- Quest reward ammo and explosives reduced by 40%.
- Removed boiled water and fresh food from loot, 5% chance of dysentery from boiled water.
- Food piles less likely to give drinks.
- Less medical items in loot, rare even rarer.
- Common recipes cost more (Usually 1-3 ingredients affected).
- Rebalanced Gunpowder crafting. 750 Coal+Nitrate now crafts 500/750/1000 Gunpowder by Hand/Chemistry/Stack.
- Rebalanced Gas and Oil crafting to be less abundant.
- Repair Kits also require Oil and Mechanical Part to craft.
- Contact grenades has the same recipe as regular grenades.
- Added gunpowder to junk turret ammo (batch of 5).
- Padded and Scrap armour uses Duct Tape for repairs.
- Yucca smoothie keeps you cool in the heat. Sounds logical!
- Chainsaw base entity damage doubled from 6 to 12. Did someone say Doomguy?
- Balanced canned food prices and food value.
- Balanced medical items prices.
- Engine and Nailgun scrap for 15 mechanical parts.
- Clothing scraps for less cloth and leather.
- Reading books and schematics now give XP relative to their economic value.
- Lowered Gamestage multiplier from 1.2 to 1.0.
- Traders sell 40-60% less quantity of materials and other items like ammo.
- 20% less chance of eggs in nests.
- Edited description of Padded and Scrap Armour to state they are repaired with Duct Tape.
- You can craft stone arrows and bolts into feathers.
- Returned scrapping value of metal tools, weapons and armour back default value.
- Increased scrap value for books. Also gives extra time to cancel accidental scrapping.
- Baseball bat scraps to iron instead of wood.
- You can no longer scrap drinks, canned food, medical items and high value items.
- Increased value of High Performance Running Shoes.
- You can craft Snowberry Cocktails.
- Lowered zombie attack range by 10%.
- Traders open an hour earlier.
- Sandbags now give 12 sand instead of 2.
- Increased stack size of Radiators to 20.
- Increased stack size of Dukes to 25,000.
- Removed the Stay Within requirement for trader quests.
- Renamed Charismatic Nature to Survival Instinct, affects only perked character now. 
- Survival Instinct passive affects balanced for single character.
Rank 1: Increases Max HP/Stamina by 10. +1 inventory slot.
Rank 2: Increases block damage by 20% and entity damage by 10%. +1 inventory slot.

Rank 3: Increase armour/explosive rating by 2. Take 5% less damage. +1 inventory slot.

Rank 4: Gain 10% more XP.

- Surface boulders now give some mining resources.

- Advancing to the next quest tier requires 12 completed quests instead of 10.

- Cooking recipes that require canned food now give a temporary attribute buff.

Gumbo Stew (Intellect), Shepard's Pie (Strength), Spaghetti (Agility), Tuna Fish Gravy Toast, (Perception).
- Sham Chowder is now Tier 4 food, rebalanced recipe and food value.
- Changed icon of Love Letter
- Dishong (Skyscraper_01) is now a Tier 6 quest location
- Added Spencer Mansion POI, a Tier 6 quest location, spawns only once. (must use nitrogen to spawn, or manually place it yourself in world editor)
- Tier 6 quest rewards Tier 3 items, Quality 4-6.

Check out Jonah Birch playing the mod in his permadeath playthrough.

***For the Spencer Mansion to spawn in your world, you need to download and overwrite the Nitrogen file provided***

Special thanks to @KhaineGB for helping me with my door issue.

NitroGen_WorldGenerator.rar

Just Die Already changes.txt

Edited by FranticDan (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Greymantle said:

Did you do something to antibiotic drops? I have searched over 6 Pop n Pills and have found zero antibiotics.

The 25% antibiotic are rarer than vanilla. They do drop though, searching mirrors and purses can drop them too.
All rare medical items are rarer.
Backpacks have a chance of herbal antibiotics.

7 hours ago, elwooood said:

just try the first day, seem to be good.

just a precision, I usually play at 33% loot. Is this still playable or do I need to come back to  100%

I've been play testing with 100% loot, I'd imagine you'll be hurting for food early game with less than 100% since for example the food piles have a chance of giving you nothing.
Perhaps try 75% and see how that goes?

made some try at 50% and 100%. your mod doesnot affect loot variety, just the quantity, and at 50%, it's really hard to find stuff but not impossible, I like it and for now can't play with regular parameter ;)

just a thing, I usually use airdrop 1 or 2 times, but <100% the box is always empty. It's not really important as I use one time, I just pass to 100% to get 1 cooking to eat, just to let you know.

I really enjoy the difficulty. Good job.

perhaps made the Vending machines restock every 4-5 days ?

Edited by elwooood (see edit history)

1 hour ago, elwooood said:

made some try at 50% and 100%. your mod doesnot affect loot variety, just the quantity, and at 50%, it's really hard to find stuff but not impossible, I like it and for now can't play with regular parameter ;)

just a thing, I usually use airdrop 1 or 2 times, but <100% the box is always empty. It's not really important as I use one time, I just pass to 100% to get 1 cooking to eat, just to let you know.

I really enjoy the difficulty. Good job.

perhaps made the Vending machines restock every 4-5 days ?

Thank you for the feedback, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Yeah less quantity, that's my aim for the mod so that you aren't finding a huge abundant of loot, but you'll still find that same things you normally would in pure vanilla.

I played with 33% loot in A18 and it was a struggle when most loot containers were empty, but then you can just buy or harvest resources and food that you needed.
The airdrop certainly helps in a pinch if you're struggling for food. I always play with them off personally, but a free meal every 3 days I think is pretty good.

I'm not sure about vending machines restocking faster, they provide plenty of food and candy since I increased the stock they hold. In all my play tests I've only bought candy from them, which helped me to balance the struggle for food. There are plenty of vending machines in the world. Restocking after horde night I feel is right to be the same with traders. FYI: The hospital has 4 or 5 vending machines that always work ^_~

In the next patch I've balanced the quantity of items the traders sell, right now they sell the vanilla amount and it it OP to the rest of the changes I've made.

Edited by FranticDan (see edit history)

good job, but... as at 50% eggs become already hard to loot, a 20% less is not for me, I stay on 1.01... 😕

just a question (or two).

1.As my friend are not open for a true survival but your spawning range will be interesting to put in my server. can I just copy the spawning.xml to got your spawn range or does I mean the entitygroups.xml too ?

2.if I use a mod like Snifkin Serverside Zombie, does your spawning.xml will be affected or not ?

Edited by elwooood (see edit history)

Not sure where you got 50% for eggs from, they're 25% loot chance in vanilla, I made them 20% loot chance now as I was finding so many of them in my play tests, I still manage to get 2 eggs in one nest from time to time.

1: spawning affects the amount of zombies that are in the wilderness, entityclasses affects the XP, animal harvest, your starting items, 2 of the death penalties.
You only need the spawning to get increased wilderness spawns.
2: I would need to know more info on what the Snifkin Serverside Zombie mod does and what file/s it uses.

3 hours ago, Greymantle said:

What did you change?

- You can craft stone arrows and bolts into feathers.
- Returned scrapping value of metal tools, weapons and armour back default value.
- Increased scrap value for books. Also gives extra time to cancel accidental scrapping.
- Baseball bat scraps to iron instead of wood.
- You can no longer scrap drinks, canned food, medical items and high value items.
- Increased value of High Performance Running Shoes.

6 hours ago, Androide said:

does this mod need to be installed on the client and on the server?

Just the server side.

I'll be updating in a day or 2, which changes the Charismatic Nature perk. The perk will no longer be a party buff and will only affect the character that perks into it.

• FranticDan changed the title to 7 Years To DIE Survivor (Desolate Interloper Exile Survivor) v1.16 (A19.4) *Twitch Integration not supported*