7 Years To DIE Survivor (Desolate Interloper Exile Survivor) v1.16 (A19.4) *Twitch Integration not supported*

FranticDan

3 hours ago, elwooood said:

did I say you that I can't play solo game without your rules ?

trying to convince my mate to put it on our server ;)

👍👍👍👍

Glad you're enjoying yourself!
The mod is on the mod launcher now.
Although only the Survivalist version, but I have the files here for download if you wish to use Charismatic Nature instead :)

14 hours ago, IrishManJMo said:

What do I need to add to my files from this if all I want from this is where debuffs and infections don't get removed on death? I don't wanna overhaul my entire xml file just for a couple lines of code.

You need to add remove_on_death="false" for each opening of each debuff.
For example: <buff name="buffInjuryAbrasion" name_key="buffInjuryAbrasionName" description_key="buffInjuryAbrasionDesc" tooltip_key="buffInjuryAbrasionTooltip" icon="ui_game_symbol_abrasion" remove_on_death="false" icon_color="255,128,0">

For the final stage of infection, the one that causes instant death, you'll need to add all of the previous stages to avoid the infinite death loop.

Spoiler

<buff name="buffInfection04" tooltip_key="buffInfection04Tooltip" icon="ui_game_symbol_infection" icon_color="255,0,0">
        <damage_type value="Infection"/>
        <stack_type value="ignore"/>
        <duration value=".1"/>
        <effect_group>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection01Untreated"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection01GetBetter"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection02Untreated"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection02GetBetter"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection03Untreated"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection04"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfectionMain"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyStats" stat="Health" operation="subtract" value="99999999"/>

</effect_group>
    </buff>

Use the buffs xml in this overhaul download as a guide.

18 hours ago, FranticDan said:

You need to add remove_on_death="false" for each opening of each debuff.
For example: <buff name="buffInjuryAbrasion" name_key="buffInjuryAbrasionName" description_key="buffInjuryAbrasionDesc" tooltip_key="buffInjuryAbrasionTooltip" icon="ui_game_symbol_abrasion" remove_on_death="false" icon_color="255,128,0">

For the final stage of infection, the one that causes instant death, you'll need to add all of the previous stages to avoid the infinite death loop.

Hide contents

<buff name="buffInfection04" tooltip_key="buffInfection04Tooltip" icon="ui_game_symbol_infection" icon_color="255,0,0">
        <damage_type value="Infection"/>
        <stack_type value="ignore"/>
        <duration value=".1"/>
        <effect_group>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection01Untreated"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection01GetBetter"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection02Untreated"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection02GetBetter"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection03Untreated"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfection04"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInfectionMain"/>
            <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyStats" stat="Health" operation="subtract" value="99999999"/>

</effect_group>
    </buff>

Use the buffs xml in this overhaul download as a guide.

Thanks a lot for saving me the trouble of doing a side by side comparison of the overhaul and vanilla trying to find all of the changes

• FranticDan changed the title to 7 Years To DIE Survivor (Desolate Interloper Exile Survivor) v1.16 (A19.3)
12 hours ago, Greymantle said:

Any chance you can turn this in to a modlet?

Because there's so many changes to multiple files, the mod is classified as an overhaul. I've added the mod to the mod launcher for simplification.
I still need to learn how to make xpath files.

I've just released v1.16, which adds my very own prefab as a tier 6 quest.

• 1 month later...

we will start a multiplayer streaming session, but my server does not have mod launcher and require manual config. do you confirm that the only thing I need to do is to copy the config folder of a local release (the one with all the xml and txt files) to the config server folder ?

A simple question about stay inside remove restriction. Does the quest still in case of death or not ? (I don't try)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

another post here to let you know that we play on it since several month for now, and we asking ourself how we made the return to vanilla when a20 come....

and be glad that we stream your mod every week (if you want to take a look, every friday and saturday night (19-0h france time) and sometimes on daytime, solo and server, look for my nickname on twitch).

we play at 50% loot and it's really good.

keep the job and hope this mod will continue on a20 ^^

8 hours ago, elwooood said:

another post here to let you know that we play on it since several month for now, and we asking ourself how we made the return to vanilla when a20 come....

and be glad that we stream your mod every week (if you want to take a look, every friday and saturday night (19-0h france time) and sometimes on daytime, solo and server, look for my nickname on twitch).

we play at 50% loot and it's really good.

keep the job and hope this mod will continue on a20 ^^

If you're looking for a harder version, I made a second version called 'Just Die Already', which nerfs everything even further. You do however start with a weapon of your choice to get a little boost in the beginning.

I'll look you up on twitch :)
I plan on releasing both this mod and my challenge mod for A20

9 hours ago, Greymantle said:

Does this work with the latest patch?

It works with v19.4 so far.  FranticDan has been basing it off the stable versions, not the experimental ones.  Not sure if he plans on doing a 19.5 version if necessary when it goes to stable or just wait until A20

@FranticDan  I am using your mod now to play the game (first mod actually I have used for 7 Days to Die).  Really enjoying it so far (I went with the Just Die Already version).

Doing my first playthrough so I am just seeing the various aspects (not playing Permadeath) of it and really like the changes to increase the difficulty without making adding in new elements like some of the other mods out there or just making zombies bigger bullet sponges.

Some things I like so far:

• Running into a feral zombie on Day 1 with very little stamina left (was heading towards the trader to finish up the initial quests) - Died because I got sloppy (LOVE IT)
  • the small details you put in place ("waiting for a chicken")
  • looking out at night and seeing the radiated zombies on Day 1
  • having to deal with a cop on Day 5 while working on my base (and knowing that if I was to use my two blunderbusses to deal with him, I was going to get more zombies in the area to have to deal with)
  • the increase in zombies I am seeing out in the open when I am looting and working on missions for the trader
  • Increased requirements for recipes / less food resources out there (harvesting animals) - I am on Day 5 and doing okay on food (haven't touched any can foods I save for the higher tier recipes yet), but I noticed that I have to constantly be alert on food.  With both hunting and farming being nerfed, it is going to make me spend more time taking care of food needs.
  • Death Penalty - Like the fact that coming back from the dead, you have max XP penalty and still keep your de-buffs.  Nice to know that you can't just let your character die to avoid starving 😉
  • Starting weapon and free perk seems to be balanced.  I was worried that starting with a Q4 weapon will make the start a little too easy, but the zombies didn't care I had a Q4 bone knife on me.
  • More slots in backpack, but not free - Have to get strength up to unlock Pack Mule ranks which will be a challenge since I am doing an Agility build right now

Some things I am on the fence right now:

• Zombie Health Bars - mostly just because I never played with them before so it is a new option in this playthrough - worried that the health bar will make me get sloppy if I know how much health they have now.
  • Vending machines refresh set at 30 days - Only because I am currently into the game 5 days so I haven't been able to make a good observation on this.  More than likely will move up to the thing I like

Currently, nothing I have seen that I don't like (but only 5 days in).

One question though - you have a custom POI that needs to be installed in a Nitrogen map in order to use it for the quest.  I went with the 7D2D RWG for my playthrough assuming that this was optional (flavor POI if one wants to use it).  This won't affect my playthrough correct?

16 hours ago, Greymantle said:

Does this work with the latest patch?

I haven't touched 7 Days to Die in nearly a month, I'll work on an update when 19.5 goes stable. Looks like I will need to balance twitch integration. 😕

3 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

@FranticDan  I am using your mod now to play the game (first mod actually I have used for 7 Days to Die).  Really enjoying it so far (I went with the Just Die Already version).

One question though - you have a custom POI that needs to be installed in a Nitrogen map in order to use it for the quest.  I went with the 7D2D RWG for my playthrough assuming that this was optional (flavor POI if one wants to use it).  This won't affect my playthrough correct?

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad that you're enjoying the challenge so far!

The health bars are minimalistic compared to vanilla, it doesn't display the numerical amount of health or the target's name, but they can be disabled if you wish. 
If you go to: Data>Config>XUi>windows.xml and look for     <window name="windowTargetBar" controller="TargetBar" visibility="always">      You can change 'always' to either 'never' or 'godmode'.

I nerfed the vending machines to make canned food and candy less abundant, so you can't live off of them. I increased the amount of stock to help compensate. Marking the vending machine locations on the map will help.

I made the Dishong Tower a Tier 6 location, so if the tower hasn't spawned in your world, then you won't have access to Tier 6 quests.
I built the custom POI myself and wanted it added as an end-game location.
It won't have that much of an affect on your playthrough otherwise, you'll just miss out on a new POI to quest.

• FranticDan changed the title to 7 Years To DIE Survivor (Desolate Interloper Exile Survivor) v1.16 (A19.5) *Twitch Integration not supported*
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 4:33 PM, Greymantle said:

Will you be doing a new mod for version 20 when it comes out?

I won't be updating either of my mods for A19, twitch integration breaks the balance changes I've made. You won't have access to the options menu if you play with A19.5

I intend to update both of my mods for A20, for A20 I'll work on balancing integration and see what I can come up with

10 hours ago, FranticDan said:

I won't be updating either of my mods for A19, twitch integration breaks the balance changes I've made. You won't have access to the options menu if you play with A19.5

I intend to update both of my mods for A20, for A20 I'll work on balancing integration and see what I can come up with

I been reluctant to use mods because of the constant changes going on as TFP improve the game.  Lots of respect to all those that are releasing mods and updating them as the game mechanics in the background get changed.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to play Just Die Already and I'm getting an error on launch of game. [XUI] Failed initializing windows group options menu : Object reference is not set to an instance of an object.

Here is the error in the log file: 2021-08-26T16:01:51 170.831 WRN GUIWindowManager.Remove: Window "optionsMenu" unknown!

No mods other than yours.

Edited by Greymantle (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Greymantle said:

I'm trying to play Just Die Already and I'm getting an error on launch of game. [XUI] Failed initializing windows group options menu : Object reference is not set to an instance of an object.

Here is the error in the log file: 2021-08-26T16:01:51 170.831 WRN GUIWindowManager.Remove: Window "optionsMenu" unknown!

Can you post your output logs into pastebin and link them here?  That will be helpful

7 hours ago, Greymantle said:

You are playing on 19.5 or 19.6
You won't have access to the options menu in these versions

• FranticDan changed the title to 7 Years To DIE Survivor (Desolate Interloper Exile Survivor) v1.16 (A19.4) *Twitch Integration not supported*