CLASSIC Style HARDCORE

n2n1

MOD version UPDATE - CSH_v19.4.01 TEST version for A19.4 stable

link here: CSH v19.4.01 TEST

(completely incompatible with previous saves and worlds).

This is a big patch.

Added content, all sorts of improvements, changes, a little redesigned GUI, including:
- improved the work of the scalability sliders for large monitors
- please note that the woodLogs now do not work as before. They can still be placed on the ground and on top of each other, but they do not cling sideways. They are knocked out by zombies very easily, and require an upgrade to become a solid structure.

- the distribution of biomes has become more unpredictable - so it is recommended to check the worlds in the previewer.

(later, after my tests, it will appear in the modlauncher)

Edited by n2n1
upd inf about incompatible worlds (see edit history)

Unfortunately, this is really unpredictable.

(right now i'm tuning up 14k worlds... nothing has changed in terms of the number of cities. Last time i got 5-6 major cities on 14k map, but there were also 3-4 cities.... when as... )

PS: try

hur950p97

"Mavisi Mountains" - i got 6 cities with it, including not very large ones.

(but i already changed the code a little - maybe everything will be different)

PPS: i sent via PM new RWG file for 14k

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Looks promising and gives back that early alpha feeling. I'm looking forward to playing it soon by the weekend.

I like how the purchaseable perk system has been pulled away from this mod and that's all what left is an LBD system, and of course the lives count. It gives the player another reason to explore and search for books instead of farming zombies all day. Additionally, I believe it was necessary to majorly remove the perk system because most of the perks in vanilla are ridiculously overpowered.

Can jump 4 meters high with parkour and freefall from a decent sized building with your given mechanical legs, armor and damage reduction perks which makes you a living immune tank on the field taking minimal damage, magical temperature immunity perk so weather survival doesn't matter anymore in the later stages, hunger/thirst reduction perks, sneak perks to make you completely invisible and able to one shot everything with your silenced pistol supported by x4.0 stealth damage perk, stamina perks of infinity which make you an ultra athlete and enable you to sprint and power attack with an sledgehammer for eternity, melee perks which also reduce stamina of an attack, increase damage and overall harm you do to your enemies which results in you dropping them like chickens in one hit

You are basically a invincible superhero demi-god if you manage to acquire those skills. I think from what I have seen in the footage, this mod does it right in putting your role as an actual human survivor, and everything in the world feels really rough now, which I like and give plus points to. Overall good job and I will follow the development of this project to what it becomes.

Хорошая работа! я буду следить за развитием этого мода

Has been the dynamic music removed from this mod? I don't seem to hear the tracks when in combat at all. The exploration music is still there. If I had to say honestly this is the feature that I miss somehow. The combat music made battling zombies more lifeful to me. Is there a way to  turn it back on?

Yes, it was done intentionally.

In this mod, there is a slightly different "battle atmosphere" so this music was inappropriate.

This is constantly confusing and does not allow you to listen to the surrounding environment, and it also showed that the player was noticed by the enemy.

In the future, i will try to remove this completely or make it work in a different way. For example, the feature of "silent ninjas" that silently creep up on you has been removed, but added sounds to identify different hazards.... 

I'll tell you more - i certainly understand how battle music affects player.... and i specifically want that to not happen - here you do not need to fall into a "battle rage" or in a trance :).  The secret is that - we don't need external stimulation if what's happening is interesting enough.

At the end of these files, you will see commented lines:

music.xml

dmscontent.xml

uncomment this - you can return the battle music.

In general, for now - it's just a matter of taste, but then i plan to redo it thoroughly so that it works differently.

For vanilla, one thing is suitable, and here another... it's just vanilla habits :)

MOD version UPDATE - CSH_v19.4.01a TEST version for A19.4 stable

link in OP. Now available in modlauncher.

completely incompatible with previous saves and worlds from CSH19.3x

(but it is 99.99% compatible with the CSH19.4.01 - one building will hang in the air)

- there was a generation adjustment for 14k worlds

Big Thanks to ひろけーえぬえぬ from the Hiro Knn Game ch. channel for their help in correcting the language when translating into Japanese.

(the translating is still ongoing)

YouTubeで非常に興味深いゲームプレイとビデオコンテンツ-日本の選手のおかげで!

Thanks to the Japanese players - very interesting gameplay and video-content on YouTube!

4 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Yes, it was done intentionally.

In this mod, there is a slightly different "battle atmosphere" so this music was inappropriate.

This is constantly confusing and does not allow you to listen to the surrounding environment, and it also showed that the player was noticed by the enemy.

In the future, i will try to remove this completely or make it work in a different way. For example, the feature of "silent ninjas" that silently creep up on you has been removed, but added sounds to identify different hazards.... 

I'll tell you more - i certainly understand how battle music affects player.... and i specifically want that to not happen - here you do not need to fall into a "battle rage" or in a trance :).  The secret is that - we don't need external stimulation if what's happening is interesting enough.

At the end of these files, you will see commented lines:

music.xml

dmscontent.xml

uncomment this - you can return the battle music.

In general, for now - it's just a matter of taste, but then i plan to redo it thoroughly so that it works differently.

For vanilla, one thing is suitable, and here another... it's just vanilla habits :)

Thank you for the response, but could you help me a bit with that? I'am unfamiliar with editing files for the game as I never did that before. How does a comment look like and what characters would I remove?

The "commented" lines start with <-- and end with -->. They are displayed in green. 

This means that they are not processed and do not participate in the work. This is what comments/explanations in the code do - to clarify the code.

Better use Notepad++ to edit such files - a regular notepad won't do.

Here, replace this file, i don't remember exactly, but this should be enough:

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/x9jNk8WSJV8MgA  (this is a ready-made file that does not require correction)

(music.xml - it turns out that it is unnecessary to touch it)

19 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Big Thanks to ひろけーえぬえぬ from the Hiro Knn Game ch. channel for their help in correcting the language when translating into Japanese.

(the translating is still ongoing)

Thank you for rating my poor video. (However, since it is a Voiceroid video, it may not be accepted by the general public)

It may be fixed in the latest version, but I will give you a report. (I'm playing with v19.3.01a)

- Power attack is not possible with a stone sledgehammer. My Melee Action is 27. Sledgehammer required 25.
- The description of the sledgehammer is different between the upper and lower rows (see the attached picture). The upper row (white) is required 7, and the lower row (green) is required 14. The same was true for the iron sledgehammer.

notitle.thumb.jpg.bee31a7675d37359eb7f560df72a86bb.jpg

I wouldn't call Your videos "poor".... but perhaps it's Your modesty. Personally, using voiceroid seems very good to me, because the communication of two characters on the screen looks appropriate. In addition, it allows to make a more natural joke.

(but maybe you're right about the mass public .... i feel something similar)

- requirements for heavy tools and weapons - apply to athletics skill  (i've now noted this in the description).

- regarding the numbers of the requirement - Thank You! I also corrected this discrepancy.

I made changes to the chat window a long time ago, in a18. Then everything seemed to work...

I'll see what might be wrong, but i don't have the opportunity to check - i don't use multiplayer due to the fact that i always have a different version of the mod (those who tested it for me - are now busy).

UPD:

I think i found an bug, here is the corrected file:

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/h8ghavUZLQQv8g

(i'm without the ability to verify - so it's not entirely accurate) Tell me if it works.

57 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

I made changes to the chat window a long time ago, in a18. Then everything seemed to work...

I'll see what might be wrong, but i don't have the opportunity to check - i don't use multiplayer due to the fact that i always have a different version of the mod (those who tested it for me - are now busy).

UPD:

I think i found an bug, here is the corrected file:

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/h8ghavUZLQQv8g

(i'm without the ability to verify - so it's not entirely accurate) Tell me if it works.

I moved your new file into the folder. The chat still doesn't seem to work. I type a message in, press enter and the chat closes itself without sending a message. Additionally, it seemed to remove the top tab switches like character, inventory, journal etc. and I have to use shortcuts to access them.

Thank you for your efforts in trying to fix it though.

....nooo, this shouldn't be.... (it shouldn't remove any tabs....) Perhaps these files should be on both the server and the client?....

Well, you can try a more complete set of files so that nothing can be confused...

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/xgJfvQueo9a6yw

Wait.... What version are you currently using? these are the files for CSH 19.4.01a ...

36 minutes ago, n2n1 said:

....nooo, this shouldn't be.... (it shouldn't remove any tabs....) Perhaps these files should be on both the server and the client?....

Well, you can try a more complete set of files so that nothing can be confused...

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/xgJfvQueo9a6yw

Wait.... What version are you currently using? these are the files for CSH 19.4.01a ...

I'am running Alpha 19.3. I checked on my upper corner and the mod says 19.4.01a Test version. Do I run it on a outdated version of the game?

1 hour ago, DominionZA said:

I'am running Alpha 19.3. I checked on my upper corner and the mod says 19.4.01a Test version. Do I run it on a outdated version of the game?

Well, I updated to 19.4, reinstalled the mod and downloaded your set of config files you provided. The chat bug still persists and doesn't want to send messages to the global chat. This is one is a hard nut case :)

3 hours ago, DominionZA said:

This version is written from a mod files - it will confuse you even if you install it on A16....

You must be sure that you are installing the mod on clean vanilla version A19.4 (b7).

If it doesn't work now, then i can't fix it yet.

I will later ask about this from those who played in multiplayer, maybe this will clarify something or allow me to fix it. First I need to see how it happens.

1 hour ago, n2n1 said:

This version is written from a mod files - it will confuse you even if you install it on A16....

You must be sure that you are installing the mod on clean vanilla version A19.4 (b7).

If it doesn't work now, then i can't fix it yet.

I will later ask about this from those who played in multiplayer, maybe this will clarify something or allow me to fix it. First I need to see how it happens.

Yes, it was a pure 19.4 B7 install. Only your mod was on it. I tested it multiple times with a friend in multiplayer who also has the same copy-

• n2n1 changed the title to CLASSIC Style HARDCORE