Can't find a silencer

CubeRoot

My wife recently started playing 7d2d with me and she is starting to believe that I lied about being able to get a silencer. We are playing Alpha 19.1 stable. We started a pregen03 map, both reached over level 100, which means we are pretty much all level 6 gear, mostly military, a large selection of level 6 weapons and mods, a nice base, multiple vehicles. Although I can see that the silencer is still in the list of schematics, I've yet to find the schematic or even a trader willing to sell a silencer. I regularly visited 7 different traders.. so I'm a bit annoyed not to find a silencer. 

So, we started a new game recently using pregen01 and we are both up to around level 60 and I'm seeing the same pattern. We have most of the items including augers, motorcycles, armor and weapons but no sign of a silencer. I've now visited at least 7 different traders as well.

Thoughts?

Walkingdog

They are rare but they definitely still exist.  We found one in the attic of a house.  The schematic we found in a book case in some house.  Sadly you are just being very unlucky when it comes to finding it.  We're currently on day 145 and have yet to find tier 6 steel legs.  We just have to keep looting and hopefully one day we will find what we are looking for.

Silencer? What's that? I have a ton of suppressors for my weapons, but no silencers. Sorry, just some humour. If you were a firearms owner you'd get it. On the subject of suppressors, they do exist. I have found multiple blueprints for them and built them. Keep checking those bookstores, especially the ones in the actual cities if you are on Navezgane.

Thanks for replies.. I play on AfterLife Vikings and getting a "suppressor" .. is no biggie but for some reason the couple private games I've been playing with the wife is being rather dreadful. I'll post back if I ever find one. There's a few crack a books that I haven't hit up yet.. I'll make a point to go by there soon.

4 hours ago, The_Great_Sephiroth said:

Silencer? What's that? I have a ton of suppressors for my weapons, but no silencers. Sorry, just some humour. If you were a firearms owner you'd get it. On the subject of suppressors, they do exist. I have found multiple blueprints for them and built them. Keep checking those bookstores, especially the ones in the actual cities if you are on Navezgane.

You've been able to find suppressors?  Man I've got plenty of Silencer mods for my weapons but I would kill for a suppressor.  Hook a guy up.

This is my pet peeve about the game . You may not find a silencer in this new game you have started again. Then you can turn around and start another game and the trader is selling it on day one or the schematic. You may not be able to buy it but if you see it on day one for sale at a trader you're probably going to see it again later on.

Of course not everybody wants a silencer. I'm like you I like to use them and I haven't seen one in the game I'm playing now but I had them in the game before that. It is too random. It's not just silencers there's always something I want that I just can't find because the random nature of loot

If the wife doesn't believe you, you can always pull up the recipe and show her it exists.  You just can't craft it.

I feel your pain though.  My last SP game (A19.0) I couldn't get a workbench until level 50ish/day 50ish.  None for sale, couldn't find the recipe in stations, or on traders.  I refused to buy the perk, so I just dealt without having one until day 50something.  It was rough.  I finally found a complete one for sale on a trader and ponied up 4k for it.  Never did find the recipe.

3 hours ago, stample said:

If the wife doesn't believe you, you can always pull up the recipe and show her it exists.  You just can't craft it.

I feel your pain though.  My last SP game (A19.0) I couldn't get a workbench until level 50ish/day 50ish.  None for sale, couldn't find the recipe in stations, or on traders.  I refused to buy the perk, so I just dealt without having one until day 50something.  It was rough.  I finally found a complete one for sale on a trader and ponied up 4k for it.  Never did find the recipe.

Has same issue current game, but my issue was the forge!!! And none trader had a working one in their premises.

14 hours ago, Vampirenostra said:

Has same issue current game, but my issue was the forge!!! And none trader had a working one in their premises.

That's RNG. I recently quick started a new game and at the first trader there was the forge receipe in a broken forge, the workstation receipe in a broken workstation and a cement mixer receipe in a broken cement mixer. Sadly the broken chem station didn't have the receipe for chemstations.

21 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

That's RNG. I recently quick started a new game and at the first trader there was the forge receipe in a broken forge, the workstation receipe in a broken workstation and a cement mixer receipe in a broken cement mixer. Sadly the broken chem station didn't have the receipe for chemstations.

Lucky you))) I started that particular game to actually test how is it to play with points contributed to the int tree

You know, I thought workstations all had a 20% chance to find their schem.  I swear that's what was in the patch notes... but in reality, that's not the case.

They actually scale so that the higher Int-required ones have an ever smaller chance to drop. 

25% for Forge, 12.5% for Workbench and Mixer, then all the way down to 4% for Chem Stations

<!-- cntCollapsedForge -->
<lootcontainer id="91" count="1" size="7,4" sound_open="forge_open" sound_close="forge_close" loot_quality_template="qualBaseTemplate">
    <item group="forgeLoot"/>
    <item name="forgeSchematic" prob=".25"/>
</lootcontainer>

<!-- cntCollapsedWorkbench -->
<lootcontainer id="92" count="1" size="7,4" sound_open="open_workbench" sound_close="close_workbench" loot_quality_template="qualBaseTemplate">
    <item group="workbenchLoot"/>
    <item group="groupToolsTiered" prob=".2"/>
    <item group="groupRareToolsTiered"/>
    <item group="vehiclePartsTiered" prob=".2"/>
    <item name="workbenchSchematic" prob=".125"/>
</lootcontainer>

<!-- cntCollapsedCementMixer -->
<lootcontainer id="93" count="1" size="7,4" sound_open="cement_mixer_open" sound_close="cement_mixer_close" loot_quality_template="qualBaseTemplate">
    <item group="cementMixerLoot" count="1" />
    <item name="cementMixerSchematic" prob="0.125"/>
</lootcontainer>

<!-- cntCollapsedChemistryStation -->
<lootcontainer id="94" count="1" size="7,4" sound_open="chem_station_open" sound_close="chem_station_close" loot_quality_template="qualBaseTemplate">
    <item group="labEquipment" prob="0.48"/>
    <item group="chemistryStationLoot" prob="0.48"/>
    <item name="chemistryStationSchematic" prob="0.04"/>
</lootcontainer>

Back on subject,

Silencers only drop from ModGunT2 loot group, which only appears near the bottom of the groupModAllT2 loot group, which in turn comes from groupQuestMods and groupModAllScaled.  Now groupModAllScaled comes from a number of places, but each one is only a tiny chance of being the silencer, rolling against all other mods.

groupBuriedWeaponChest

groupHeroChestLootSub

groupSafeLoot

groupAmmoPileLootSub

groupWeaponsBagLoot

groupBuriedLootStashTreasureSub

<lootcontainer id="40"> <!-- military munitions ammo box -->

<lootcontainer id="50"> <!-- shotgun Messiah -->

<lootcontainer id="71"> <!-- EntityLootContainerStrong, rare random drop off strong zombies -->

<lootcontainer id="73"> <!-- EntityLootContainerBoss, rare random drop off bosses -->

<lootcontainer id="95"> <!-- cntLootCrateHero, Hero / Hidden Stash Cardboard Loot-->

Archived