Not getting special mission that enables Tier 5 missions

davdes

My friend and I started a game and we play in it together. When he reached around level 69-70, he has been given the special mission that enables Tier 5 missions. I'm currently level 76 and no trader yet has given me that special mission. Thus, I still cannot obtain Tier 5 missions and the higher ones I can get are Tier 4 ones. So what is the problem?

33 minutes ago, meganoth said:

AFAIK you have to do 10 tier4 missions until you get offered the special mission. And probably those 10 must be the ones YOU accepted from the trader, not quests you just participated in.

This.

Also, you don't actually need to do the "special" mission. It doesn't really unlock tier 5, it just leads you to another trader. If you just keep doing missions without accepting the "special" mission, tier 5s will eventually just start showing up.

• 1 month later...

Hmm I never felt that it had to be missions I accepted, and that shares helped.

Also, its definitely not 10.  First, there appears to be some weighting.  If you do lower-tier missions, it takes more.  If you do higher tier (via shares) it seems to take less.  It almost feels like its based on the xp you get from the missions, like Kill+Stash makes it go faster.

But that's also not entirely correct.  I made a test quest that lets you turn in 1 grass to Trader for 100,000 xp, and is T1.  Assigning to myself with console, I got past first couple tiers in only a couple turn-ins.  I think it was 2 to get to T2.  But it took like 20 to get from T4 to T5 (this was about 2 months back, i don't recall exact number).

Anyway, the logic seems squishy, not hard, when getting between tiers.  If you're doing 100% of your questing together, it does seem weird that they advanced and you didn't.  Keep at it, though.  I've never had it be completely stuck, just slow to advance.

Archived