Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
theFlu

theFlu

I have no idea about that 14-hour event, but otherwise what you're seeing is what I've always understood it to be;

Different events give different amounts of heat, but ALSO "decay" at different rates. Gunshots seem to be one group in your test, kinda makes sense; but torch heat, forge heat, building and mining are separate beasts.

With that in mind, for you 14 hour experience; it wouldn't be too far fetched that some heat type is just simply bugged - the xml settings for heat are perfectly unreadable, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone just misremembered the system while doing a change..

Also it used to be the case (not sure for current patch) that even jumping/landing would cause heat, which made testing .. annoying. :)

theFlu

theFlu

I have no idea about that 14-hour event, but otherwise what you're seeing is what I've always understood it to be;

Different events give different amounts of heat, but ALSO "decay" at different rates. Gunshots seem to be one group in your test, kinda makes sense; but torch heat, forge heat, building and mining are separate beasts.

With that in mind, for you 14 hour experience; it wouldn't be too far fetched that some heat type is just simply bugged - the xml settings for heat are perfectly unreadable, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone just misremembered the system while doing a change..

Also it used to be the case that even jumping/landing would cause heat, which made testing .. annoying. :)

theFlu

theFlu