Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Boidster

Boidster

1 hour ago, xXx said:

Only way to decrease it is to wait and do nothing. Interestingly gamepedia says that even by lollygagging the heat map increases so I don't know how's that possible.

Well I've only seen that if something is actively going on in the chunk (or surrounding chunks, because heat does spread apparently).

I didn't watch quite closely enough, but here's what I saw so far:

1200 Day 2: M60 firing until heat was at 99.6%

2200 Day 2: heat still 99.6%

0300 Day 3: heat still 99.6%

0800 Day 3: heat had at some point dropped to 22.95%

AI was off, so no screamers spawned. It took a loooooong time to drop, and it appears to drop very quickly when it does. I really need to lower my day length to 30 minutes for easier testing (assuming this is game-time based, not real-time based).

Edit: I dunno, maybe never mind that. It doesn't seem consistent with later results (below)

Boidster

Boidster

40 minutes ago, xXx said:

Only way to decrease it is to wait and do nothing. Interestingly gamepedia says that even by lollygagging the heat map increases so I don't know how's that possible.

Well I've only seen that if something is actively going on in the chunk (or surrounding chunks, because heat does spread apparently).

0800 Day 3: heat had at some point dropped to 22.95%

AI was off, so no screamers spawned. It took a loooooong time to drop, and it appears to drop very quickly when it does. I really need to lower my day length to 30 minutes for easier testing (assuming this is game-time based, not real-time based).

Boidster

Boidster

35 minutes ago, xXx said:

0800 Day 4: heat had at some point dropped to 22.95%