Where is the actual good loot in Gravestown?

ticotaco69

I'm on day 23 (Navezgane) and I went a long way to get to Gravestown with my minibike. There is a water works, cinema, hotel(???), and that seems to be all that's there apart from all the destroyed buildings on the outskirts. I checked the cinema but night came and I didn't have time to loot it. I went through about half of the hotel but it's just a bunch of cabinets, nightstands, fridges, sinks etc. Haven't checked the water works yet. I'm really disappointed so far because going there took so long and I have found nothing good yet. I thought Gravestown was the most dangerous, but contained the best loot out of all the cities/towns.

I'm looking for brass, steel tools/weapon schematics mainly but I need to sell @%$# to the trader too.

Is the water works worth looting? Is the cinema worth looting? Should I continue looting the hotel?

The water works is definitely worth looting.

Spoiler

When looking at the water works from the street, there is a tree in a planter-looking creation on the left side of the poi by the street. Dig under the tree to find a vault hatch that leads to the loot worth getting if you don't have time to clear the whole poi. You will have some zombies to kill.

I am sorry to say that no matter where you loot your not going to find anything better as the game no longer cares about where you loot. Instead it only cares about your Game Stage stat and all loot will be tailored to that stat regardless of where or which loot container it is from. Now it is still true that different loot containers have different loot tables but all the really good stuff is locked behind higher Game Stages.

In the future hopefully in A20 they plan on making location matter again via a bonus to your Game Stage based on the Biome and POI your at.

51 minutes ago, ticotaco69 said:

I thought Gravestown was the most dangerous, but contained the best loot out of all the cities/towns.

Loot is not affected by region. It just depends on the crate that are placed there. Not even the POI is affecting loot. A weapon chest drops the same stuff, no matter if it is in small garage in the forest, or on top of the roof of higashi in wasteland.

Most POIs nowadays have a "loot room" at the end of their "dungeon". So if you just look quickly into a cinema of course you will not find much. You have to fight your way trough and get the reward at the end.

I'm looking for brass, steel tools/weapon schematics mainly but I need to sell @%$# to the trader too.

As said above, region or POI deosn't affect loot. Schematics are best found in book shelfs (the old ones, not the new ones). So if you are looking for them, go to wherever are many of these stashes. E.g. the big Crack-a-Book. For weapons weapon bags, weapon chests, etc (surprise!) are good. Go for Shotgun-Messiah shops or the factory or all kinds of military bases.

Is the water works worth looting? Is the cinema worth looting? Should I continue looting the hotel?

Water works is, but as said, loot is at the end (but you can do it reverse, like katarynna spoilered). I don't know the cinema and i'm not sure what exact poi you mean with "hotel"? If it is the apartment building... i don't really like it.

15 minutes ago, Danidas said:

I am sorry to say that no matter where you loot your not going to find anything better as the game no longer cares about where you loot. Instead it only cares about your Game Stage stat and all loot will be tailored to that stat regardless of where or which loot container it is from. Now it is still true that different loot containers have different loot tables but all the really good stuff is locked behind higher Game Stages.

In the future hopefully in A20 they plan on making location matter again via a bonus to your Game Stage based on the Biome and POI your at.

It's a damn shame really... it's almost like you get punished for taking the journey and the risks to get to loot the POI's, just for the loot to be good as the reinforced chests you find in an average house in Diersville. Stupid system.

9 minutes ago, ticotaco69 said:

It's a damn shame really... it's almost like you get punished for taking the journey and the risks to get to loot the POI's, just for the loot to be good as the reinforced chests you find in an average house in Diersville. Stupid system.

that's the harsh truth... you can go to the top of the skyscraper in the desert and get .... TADAAAAM!!! A nice stone hatchet!!! lvl1!!!!

22 minutes ago, ticotaco69 said:

The main goal is to stretch out the game to create a clear distinct early, mid, and late game while minimizing or eliminating the option to skip a head. Which currently Traders are not part of the new system and will happily sell or reward things beyond your Game Stage. Which in A20 that will be changed to limit them to slightly above your current Game Stage at the most to maintain some of their value. Also if or when the POI/Biome loot bonuses are added the places with said bonus will be intentionally made more dangerous to try and limit bee lining to them as much as they can.

Edit - Basically too many players were bee lining to high value easy to cheese locations and going right for the good stuff then getting bored. Which naturally became the games meta and the devs wanted to fix that by changing things up a bit to slow things down. Personally once you get used to it this way can be a lot of fun as it encourages new play styles that would get ignored before as too sub optimal. 

32 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Loot is not affected by region. It just depends on the crate that are placed there. Not even the POI is affecting loot. A weapon chest drops the same stuff, no matter if it is in small garage in the forest, or on top of the roof of higashi in wasteland.

Most POIs nowadays have a "loot room" at the end of their "dungeon". So if you just look quickly into a cinema of course you will not find much. You have to fight your way trough and get the reward at the end.

As said above, region or POI deosn't affect loot. Schematics are best found in book shelfs (the old ones, not the new ones). So if you are looking for them, go to wherever are many of these stashes. E.g. the big Crack-a-Book. For weapons weapon bags, weapon chests, etc (surprise!) are good. Go for Shotgun-Messiah shops or the factory or all kinds of military bases.

Water works is, but as said, loot is at the end (but you can do it reverse, like katarynna spoilered). I don't know the cinema and i'm not sure what exact poi you mean with "hotel"? If it is the apartment building... i don't really like it.

What kind of loot containers are in the huge Pop-n-pills in Diersville? I've looted small Pop-n-pills POI's before (alpha 15/16) but I don't really remember what they contained. If it's mainly medical supplies, I'm not interested in going there.

18 minutes ago, ticotaco69 said:

What kind of loot containers are in the huge Pop-n-pills in Diersville? I've looted small Pop-n-pills POI's before (alpha 15/16) but I don't really remember what they contained. If it's mainly medical supplies, I'm not interested in going there.

The pop-n-pills contains mostly pop-n-pills crates that mostly drop .... tada... medical supplies. The loot-system has basically not changed since A15. Loot is determined by the crate you open. Only difference, back then it A15 it was purely luck based, now it is still luck based but also limited by your gamestage. And up to come in A20 or later, region and (probably) each POI will affect what loot you can get there. So looting in wasteland will in general give better loot, and looting a higashi in forest will give better loot than a small house, and looting a higahsi in wasteland will give even better loot.

What is really different: In A15 towns have been an own biome with increased Z spawns. That's why towns were more dangerous than living on the land back then. And because most POIs that contain good crates only occured inside towns it might have looked like that in dangerous towns you get better loot. But that was not the real issue.

1 minute ago, Liesel Weppen said:

The pop-n-pills contains mostly pop-n-pills crates that mostly drop .... tada... medical supplies. The loot-system has basically not changed since A15. Loot is determined by the crate you open. Only difference, back then it A15 it was purely luck based, now it is still luck based but also limited by your gamestage. And up to come in A20 or later, region and (probably) each POI will affect what loot you can get there. So looting in wasteland will in general give better loot, and looting a higashi in forest will give better loot than a small house, and looting a higahsi in wasteland will give even better loot.

What is really different: In A15 towns have been an own biome with increased Z spawns. That's why towns were more dangerous than living on the land back then. And because most POIs that contain good crates only occured inside towns it might have looked like that in dangerous towns you get better loot. But that was not the real issue.

Ok, thanks for the replies.

Sure the pop-n-pills hospital in Diersville contains a lot of medical containers but its main loot room/area at the end of it has quite a lot of good loot containers. Which makes it worth as long as your Game Stage is high enough to get the good loot.

Here is the loot tier list and what loot generally becomes available for each Game Stage mile stone. Also note that the higher your Game Stage is in these tiers the better your chance will be to see items for that tier and the lower your chance for earlier tier loot will be.

• Tech 0 (GS 1-11) – Primitive tools, weapons and armor including a bow and the blunderbuss.
  • Tech 1 (GS 12) – Iron or similar melee items and armor and and the first proper firearms like a pistol or double barrel shotgun.
  • Tech 2 (GS 50) – The best melee items, bows and armor and mid range firearms like a pump-action shotgun.
  • Tech 3 (GS 91) – The most advanced firearms like an M60 or the Sniper Rifle.

Also Game Stage is basically days lived with out dying plus level and naturally goes down with each death.

2 minutes ago, Danidas said:

Sure the pop-n-pills hospital in Diersville contains a lot of medical containers but its main loot room/area at the end of it has quite a lot of good loot containers. Which makes it worth as long as your Game Stage is high enough to get the good loot.

Here is the loot tier list and what loot generally becomes available for each Game Stage mile stone. Also note that the higher your Game Stage is in these tiers the better your chance will be to see items for that tier and the lower your chance for earlier tier loot will be.

• Tech 0 (GS 1-11) – Primitive tools, weapons and armor including a bow and the blunderbuss.
  • Tech 1 (GS 12) – Iron or similar melee items and armor and and the first proper firearms like a pistol or double barrel shotgun.
  • Tech 2 (GS 50) – The best melee items, bows and armor and mid range firearms like a pump-action shotgun.
  • Tech 3 (GS 91) – The most advanced firearms like an M60 or the Sniper Rifle.

ty

Archived