Jump to content

Need help correcting and/or changing code.


Recommended Posts

Now that boxes of bullets can be made, I am trying to make it possible to make boxes of bullets for this sniper turret mod. I believe this code to be correct, yet when I open the box of bullets nothing happens. I think my problem is the first property, "ammoBundleMaster", I'm not sure what to do though.
 

<item name="Box of 50 Caliber Ammo">
	<property name="Extends" value="ammoBundleMaster"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="ammo762mmBulletBall"/>
	<property name="CustomIconTint" value="a0a0ff"/>
	<property name="EconomicValue" value="2200"/>
	<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkAdvancedEngineering"/>
	<property class="Action0">
		<property name="Create_item" value="50 Caliber Ammo"/>
		<property name="Create_item_count" value="100"/>
	</property>
</item>

The other issue is the localization text.

Quote

Key,File,Type,UsedInMainMenu,NoTranslate,english
Boxof50CaliberAmmo,items,Ammo,,,Box of 50 Caliber Ammo (100)

I believe that to be correct yet it is not working.
 

box of 50.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try to use resourceRockSmallBundle to extend from instead. (used that to pack and unpack clay and that works fine)

in localization I found the format:

Key,Source,Context,English
Thing,items,Item,ThingDescription

 

to work well so:

Key,Source,Context,English
Boxof50CaliberAmmo,items,Ammo,Box of 50 Caliber Ammo (100) 

Should work I believe.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Put double quotes around the localization name, even if you don't think you need it.

 

Key,Source,Context,English
Boxof50CaliberAmmo,items,Ammo,"Box of .50 Caliber Ammo (100)"

Also, just being pedantic, but make it .50, not 50.  50 caliber would be a deck-mounted gun on a battleship, at least.  But what do I know, maybe your sniper turret really is that big?  I'd use it! :)

 

The main problem is definitely the spaces, though.  Never use spaces in your items name= field.  Let localization do it.  And try to stick to their conventions, so its easy to tell what it is in case you want to add .50 AP or .50 HP

 

 

<item name="ammo50calballBox">
	<property name="Extends" value="ammoBundleMaster"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="ammo762mmBulletBall"/>
	<property name="CustomIconTint" value="a0a0ff"/>
	<property name="EconomicValue" value="2200"/>
	<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkAdvancedEngineering"/>
	<property class="Action0">
		<property name="Create_item" value="ammo50calball"/>
		<property name="Create_item_count" value="100"/>
	</property>
</item>

Key,Source,Context,English

ammo50calballBox,items,Ammo,"Box of .50 Caliber Ammo (100)"

ammo50calball,items,Ammo,".50 Caliber Ammo"

 

And for this to all work, you'll also need to change your original item name for 50 cal ammo

<item name="ammo50calball">

<!--  whatever code you already have here -->

</item>

 

Remember that the 1st column in localization must exactly match your <item name="">

 

You CAN double quote that 1st column if you really want to include spaces, but you'll hate it later if you do.  Trust someone who's made that mistake.

 

Edited by stample (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, stample said:

Put double quotes around the localization name, even if you don't think you need it.

 


Key,Source,Context,English
Boxof50CaliberAmmo,items,Ammo,"Box of .50 Caliber Ammo (100)"

Also, just being pedantic, but make it .50, not 50.  50 caliber would be a deck-mounted gun on a battleship, at least.  But what do I know, maybe your sniper turret really is that big?  I'd use it! :)

 

The main problem is definitely the spaces, though.  Never use spaces in your items name= field.  Let localization do it.  And try to stick to their conventions, so its easy to tell what it is in case you want to add .50 AP or .50 HP

 

 


<item name="ammo50calballBox">
	<property name="Extends" value="ammoBundleMaster"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="ammo762mmBulletBall"/>
	<property name="CustomIconTint" value="a0a0ff"/>
	<property name="EconomicValue" value="2200"/>
	<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkAdvancedEngineering"/>
	<property class="Action0">
		<property name="Create_item" value="ammo50calball"/>
		<property name="Create_item_count" value="100"/>
	</property>
</item>

Key,Source,Context,English

ammo50calballBox,items,Ammo,"Box of .50 Caliber Ammo (100)"

ammo50calball,items,Ammo,".50 Caliber Ammo"

 

And for this to all work, you'll also need to change your original item name for 50 cal ammo

<item name="ammo50calball">

<!--  whatever code you already have here -->

</item>

 

Remember that the 1st column in localization must exactly match your <item name="">

 

You CAN double quote that 1st column if you really want to include spaces, but you'll hate it later if you do.  Trust someone who's made that mistake.

 

stample, thank you very much - i've learned more about the localization; everything works now! 🙂

no spaces.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Noisy Pants, I feel like we've been here before. I thought you already learned how to do this localization thing right back when you worked on your electric eel trap mod. Telric was right - spaces are allowed in text inside localization.txt, but not in the item names inside xml and localization.txt. That's a big NO NO.

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Noisy Pants, I feel like we've been here before. I thought you already learned how to do this localization thing right back when you worked on your electric eel trap mod. Telric was right - spaces are allowed in text inside localization.txt, but not in the item names inside xml and localization.txt. That's a big NO NO.

that's the CRAZY thing, i've used spaces so i thought i could
example:

<config>
    <append xpath="/blocks">
                
        <block name="Electric Eel Trap">
            <property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="Electric Eel Trap"/>
            <property name="Class" value="Liquidv2"/>
            <property name="Material" value="Mwater"/>
            <property name="Shape" value="Water"/>
            <property name="Mesh" value="water"/>
			<property name="DescriptionKey" value="ElectricEelTrapDesc"/>
            <property name="Model" value="water_full"/>
            <property name="Texture" value="223"/>
            <property name="Map.Color" value="0,0,0"/>
            <property name="Map.Color" value="0,0,0"/>
            <property name="BuffsWhenWalkedOn" value="buffShocked"/>
			<property name="BuffChance" value="1"/>
            <property name="Path" value="solid"/>
            <property name="Group" value="Tools/Traps,Science,Chemicals,CFChemicals"/>
			<property name="EconomicValue" value="150"/>
            <property name="SortOrder1" value="70g0"/>
            <property name="FilterTags" value="fdecor,felectrical,ftraps"/>
        </block>
        
    </append>
</config>

the localization file
 

Quote

Key,File,Type,UsedInMainMenu,NoTranslate,english
ElectricEelTrap,blocks,Block,,,Electric Eel Trap
ElectricEelTrapDesc,blocks,Block,,,"Unlock crafting at level 3 Advanced Engineering.\nMust be utilized in a container or moat of cube blocks of your choice."

 

eeltrap.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Noisy Pants said:

 


<config>
    <append xpath="/blocks">
                
        <block name="Electric Eel Trap">
            <property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="Electric Eel Trap"/>
            <property name="Class" value="Liquidv2"/>
            <property name="Material" value="Mwater"/>
            <property name="Shape" value="Water"/>
            <property name="Mesh" value="water"/>
			<property name="DescriptionKey" value="ElectricEelTrapDesc"/>
            <property name="Model" value="water_full"/>
            <property name="Texture" value="223"/>
            <property name="Map.Color" value="0,0,0"/>
            <property name="Map.Color" value="0,0,0"/>
            <property name="BuffsWhenWalkedOn" value="buffShocked"/>
			<property name="BuffChance" value="1"/>
            <property name="Path" value="solid"/>
            <property name="Group" value="Tools/Traps,Science,Chemicals,CFChemicals"/>
			<property name="EconomicValue" value="150"/>
            <property name="SortOrder1" value="70g0"/>
            <property name="FilterTags" value="fdecor,felectrical,ftraps"/>
        </block>
        
    </append>
</config>

 

In that example,  you have a description key  property that directs to a localization without spaces. The name will be displayed like it is in the xml if no localization is found for it. In this case, they just happened to be the same thing.

Edited by Telric (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Telric said:

In that example,  you have a description key  property that directs to a localization without spaces. The name will be displayed like it is in the xml if no localization is found for it. In this case, they just happened to be the same thing.

ah - okay, wow! spaces are such a.... interesting detail to have to pay attention to - lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...