hotpoon

7DtD on ultrawide curved 49"

A dear friend of mine just bought himself the humongous Samsung Odyssey G9 gaming monitor.

Just for interest's sake, this is how 7 Days to Die looks on it:

spacer.png 

I'm going for 21:9 when i get a new graphicscard.

Imho with such ultrawide setups, it's not so good that the playerstats is docked to left side and amunition to the right, because both are out of view...

looks awful, or it is the look doe to the curvness of the screen, but I would have adjusted the view angle in settings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I'm going for 21:9 when i get a new graphicscard.

Imho with such ultrawide setups, it's not so good that the playerstats is docked to left side and amunition to the right, because both are out of view...

IIRC someone long ago fixed this by moving the left and right screen icons to the side of the toolbar slots

17 hours ago, Vampirenostra said:

looks awful, or it is the look doe to the curvness of the screen, but I would have adjusted the view angle in settings.

I think it's the narrow FOV that's giving the stretched look on the sides.  I believe he said he had it on 70. Though even at 85, I'm sure it will be a bit stretched on the sides. I'm no game dev, so not sure how the Pimps would go about optimising the experience for ultrawide. I imagine that is more of a beta concern if anything though.

• Like 1