7DtD on ultrawide curved 49"

hotpoon

2 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I'm going for 21:9 when i get a new graphicscard.

Imho with such ultrawide setups, it's not so good that the playerstats is docked to left side and amunition to the right, because both are out of view...

IIRC someone long ago fixed this by moving the left and right screen icons to the side of the toolbar slots

17 hours ago, Vampirenostra said:

looks awful, or it is the look doe to the curvness of the screen, but I would have adjusted the view angle in settings.

I think it's the narrow FOV that's giving the stretched look on the sides.  I believe he said he had it on 70. Though even at 85, I'm sure it will be a bit stretched on the sides. I'm no game dev, so not sure how the Pimps would go about optimising the experience for ultrawide. I imagine that is more of a beta concern if anything though.

• 9 months later...

Nice. 

I run triples (mostly for my racing sim) but the bevels are a bit of a nuisance.  With an FOV adjustment, this would be ideal for regular games...and waay better for the sim.  I may have to go shopping ;)  

I play at 21:9 3440 x 1440 on a curved display and I am never going back. Once you play with a curved display and realize how little refocus is required to look at any portion of your screen you realize you are gain 10ms+ reaction time because your eyes are always in focus. 

Naysayers don't know what they are missing

20201128_152329.jpg

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

2 hours ago, warmer said:

I play at 21:9 3440 x 1440 on a curved display and I am never going back. Once you play with a curved display and realize how little refocus is required to look at any portion of your screen you realize you are gain 10ms+ reaction time because your eyes are always in focus. 

So really depends on the type of games you are playing.  Doesn't sound like much of an advantage for me and types of games I play.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:50 PM, warmer said:

Naysayers don't know what they are missing

When I play on my 3440 x 1440 I get this terrible effect where the center of the screen seemed kind of scrunched up.  What settings do you use?  I tried setting everything I could find, but could never really eliminate the effect.  Eventually I gave up playing because of it.

4 hours ago, pahbi said:

When I play on my 3440 x 1440 I get this terrible effect where the center of the screen seemed kind of scrunched up.  What settings do you use?  I tried setting everything I could find, but could never really eliminate the effect.  Eventually I gave up playing because of it.

I find a lot of games handle FOV differently. my rule is to find a known circle and ensure it doesn't changed shape as it gets to the edge of the screen. if your FOV is wrong, everything gets stretched out as it nears the edge of the screen. just go adjust it and check. you will know the settings are correct when it doesn't changed shape. regardless of screen position.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:24 PM, BFT2020 said:

So really depends on the type of games you are playing.  Doesn't sound like much of an advantage for me and types of games I play.

I play a handful of FPS/drive/flight sim but most isometric 2.5D and city builders/colony sims being my fav. I haven't found a single game that isn't helped by more pixels. 

What types of games are you referring to?

On 8/6/2021 at 2:19 AM, warmer said:

I play a handful of FPS/drive/flight sim but most isometric 2.5D and city builders/colony sims being my fav. I haven't found a single game that isn't helped by more pixels. 

What types of games are you referring to?

My current rotation of games right now are 7D2D, MW5, Subnautica, Oxygen Not Included, and Darkest Dungeon.  For some people, the extra pixels might be helpful, but not for me to justify the setup and cost of implementing one in place of my current monitor.

I got my triples for sim racing, but the first time I played Payday with them and was able to hack a keypad in front of me and at the same time watch for guards in the hallways to the left and right of me with my peripheral, I was sold on them for shooters. 

Better than VR even for my money.  WIll probably invest in one of these ultrawides in the nearish future.

Edited by Ezed (see edit history)

On 8/12/2021 at 10:17 AM, KhaineGB said:

Having ran a triple monitor setup in an ultra-wide config, just to see if I'd like it before actually buying an ultra wide monitor...

No. God no. It's bloody horrible.

Great for Elite: Dangerous, but that's about it.

yep agree there, ive got 3 monitors, in games like this and fps shooters, its too much of a eyeball/head strain, ED is ace for 3 screen etc, because you "know its there" and dont have to focus on that "window" untill you need to look at it

i thought some time back that having such a wide screen like the OP has would benefit me, so i was thinking about getting one

but now i  wouldnt, aspect ratio and all that just wouldnt work, having a massive widescreen like that is, in a way, trying to be close as possible to VR, i suppose

i wont be getting one

but hey, if the OP likes it then fair enough

also, as its just 1 monitor, how can you do a window-key/keyboard arrow to sort stuff out, you cant

Edited by Data (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...