AntiCheat Update Considerations

giKoN

On 11/9/2020 at 4:04 PM, Roland said:

Election night PTSD...

@Roland@kalen

What your failing to realize he is showing you in that video that any troll can log into any server and run this connect ddos scipt causing any server and its players to dynsc. Giving them all high pings...pretty frustrating. This is just one example of many the game is over powered client side letting trolls and hackers ruin it for the rest of us. The network issues need to be addressed sooner than later.

2 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

@Roland@kalen

What your failing to realize he is showing you in that video that any troll can log into any server and run this connect ddos scipt causing any server and its players to dynsc. Giving them all high pings...pretty frustrating. This is just one example of many the game is over powered client side letting trolls and hackers ruin it for the rest of us. The network issues need to be addressed sooner than later.

I understand that. I was joking about the election night news reporting going on in the background if you have the sound turned on. I suppose that neither the election nor ddossing a server are joking matters, atm....

But as an analogy for how annoying the hack is, the background noise was a good one.

Thanks for bringing this issue up @giKoN , me and my friends were about to start public server for this game, but you saved us a lot of frustration. We will make sure to warn others who would potentially be interested in renting server / buying this game to reconsider their life decisions.

3 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

I'm not failing to realize anything.   I was saying the video does nothing but show someone with high pings.   He explains in the post why he has high pings, but the video does absolutely nothing to prove his statement.

16 hours ago, Kalen said:

I'm not failing to realize anything.   I was saying the video does nothing but show someone with high pings.   He explains in the post why he has high pings, but the video does absolutely nothing to prove his statement.

He also explains in his post that the info was sent to the pimps. If you are expecting him to post the script and data here so any troll in the world can use it than i highly doubt that will happen. Frankly at @kalen it doesn't matter one way or another if you believe what he is saying as the proof has been sent to the pimps. It's up them to fix the issue or not now. 

9 minutes ago, Grandpa Minion said:

He also explains in his post that the info was sent to the pimps. If you are expecting him to post the script and data here so any troll in the world can use it than i highly doubt that will happen. Frankly at @kalen it doesn't matter one way or another if you believe what he is saying as the proof has been sent to the pimps. It's up them to fix the issue or not now. 

I already said I believed him.... all I did was point out that he posted a video as "proof" that didn't actually prove anything.   Someone that did not believe him would not be convinced by that video.  

The patch in fact fixes many of the issues on the netcode layer so thats a very good sign. First tests were positive from what I heard. The serveradmin.xml corruption is still a thing but I expect 19.3 to receive another Build which fixes that. 

For the EAC bypass which is going around it won't help just yet - but the bar to hack the game has been raised significantly. 

Honestly, thank you @Devs for taking this serious and reacting with a patch almost dedicated only to this. I think many in the server hosting community are feeling relief that they are not left alone.

Archived