DIsabling Waypoints From Compass

Vaeliorin

It's possible I'm missing something, but is there a way to remove a waypoint from the compass without actually deleting the waypoint?  With the way mining works now, I mark every single ore node I come across (I mine a lot...), so my compass ends up so cluttered with waypoints as to be basically useless (I usually end up having to look at the map to find my way back home, since the bed icon on the compass is lumped in with so many other icons.)

If there isn't a way to do this, it would be nice if it was added.

Also, it would be nice to be able to make your bed/land claim show up like active quests do (so there's the in-world marker/waypoint showing up.)

I used to do that, but there's so damn much ore I stopped. Maybe it's because I use NitroGen, but I think it was the same when I generated maps in-game.

Do you only dig a couple layers from the surface? Once you get several layers down you won't be able to out-build your ability to mine ore.

Actually, I dig a 9X9 pit all the way to bedrock, centered on the ore node, and then go back and mine out the veins going into the walls.

And I can definitely out-build my ability to mine.  My starter day 7 horde base takes approximately 20,000 cobble, and it's much, much smaller than how I like to build my permanent bases.

Anyway, it just seems like a nice option to have, simply to make the compass cleaner (honestly, I'd probably only have home and my destination on the compass most of the time, if it were possible.)

1 hour ago, Vaeliorin said:

My starter day 7 horde base takes approximately 20,000 cobble, and it's much, much smaller than how I like to build my permanent bases.

That's 1,400+ blocks (4 per flagstone, 10 per upgrade to cobble). How big of a fort do you build and how the heck do you have time to do anything but dig up the required 20,000 stone and 20,000 clay???

12 hours ago, hiemfire said:

That's 1,400+ blocks (4 per flagstone, 10 per upgrade to cobble). How big of a fort do you build and how the heck do you have time to do anything but dig up the required 20,000 stone and 20,000 clay???

Yeah I call bull@%$#.

Agree with the request though. Some more advanced filtering options and waypoint management would be nice.

On 10/12/2020 at 6:01 AM, Gazz said:

If you look at nav_objects.xml, you can make some adjustments there, like a stricter range filter for compass icons.

Hey, Gaz. Could you please say which value we would need to change to adjust this? I am trying to achieve the same thing as the OP as I also have wayyy too much compass clutter because I like to make lots of waypoints which just renders the compass useless. All I'd like to keep on the compass is party members, airdrops, quick waypoint, and landclaim/bed. Everything else is more for labelling the actual map.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived