Skill point variation

GlassDeviant

Anyone know of a way that I can make the skill points per level start at one value, say 6, and decrease either on a grade or by specific level?

Like say I want it to give 6 points per level from 1-5, 5 points per level from 6-10, and decreasing by 1 every 5 levels until it's only 1 per level or, optionally, 1 per 2 levels, 1 per 3 levels and so on.

I know how to do it using the "skill points per level" mod, but with that one I have to exit the game and manually edit the config file.

You can use the   skill_point_multiplier="x.xxx" on the top line of the progression file to vary the skill points per level.  The variable is not documented but does work.

The formula is something like  INT(skill_points_per_level * skill_point_multiplier ^ level).

The formula is exponential.   You will need to do you own math but I would suggest a multiplier along the lines of 0.99 to 0.98 to achieve what you want.

As an example,  I use skill_points_per_level="1" and skill_point_multiplier="1.018" to achieve 230+ points by level 100.

Ah, took a couple minutes but I see what you're saying. It will take some fiddling but I should be able to get what I'm trying for with that.

P.S.: Any way I can put that into a mod (or I guess people call it a modlet in this game) rather than editing the game file?

So...I built a spreadsheet and determined that I should be able to get it to work with these values:

skill_points_per_level = 7

skill_point_multiplier = 0.9875

This would yield 6 ppl from level 1-12 (not precisely what I was looking for, but close enough) and decreasing by one ppl with gradually broader level spans (a natural feature of the exponential formula, no way to get around it unless I can rewrite it) without going below 1 ppl until level 155 (not that I've ever gotten that high).

I'd still rather a level table, but this should do. (contrarily avoiding the obligatory "Babe" quote).

:)

Archived