Are some areas more prone to wandering hordes?

KennyBMallNinja

Been playing on a few random gens and Navezgane and been noticing a different experience between what happens at my home base vs what happens at people's like Glock9, Skippy and Capp00. On the Randoms I usually set up next to the 1st trader you find during the intro quests. A lot of times I setup literally across the street. Usually at least 3 times in a 7 day cycle I get a horde banging on my doors. On Navezgane I setup down the road from Carl's Corn since it was close to trader Jen. I seem to still get the constant spawn even in the early game despite at the most having a single torch going with my crouching. Is there some mechanic that the zombies tend to follow major roads or some areas have a higher chance of spawning?

The game spawns wandering hordes pretty regularly. How often you see them will largely depend on how frequently you stay in one place for a long amount of time. If you are always moving, you will rarely see wandering hordes. If you are spending a lot of time in your base you will end up seeing a bunch of wandering hordes.

28 minutes ago, KennyBMallNinja said:

Interesting, still makes me wonder why the youtubers don't suffer from constant spawns.

Because most youtubers are constantly moving and are rarely in the same location for a long time. No one wants to watch someone sit in their base the entire time.

33 minutes ago, KennyBMallNinja said:

Interesting, still makes me wonder why the youtubers don't suffer from constant spawns.

They don't. It depends.

I try to explain it in more detail. There are 1-3 wandering hordes spawning PER DAY! But there are several issues with them:

=> They spawn near a player and are wandering in a certain direction. And they will keep that direction. I'm not sure if the direction is random or towards the position of the player, the player had at the time they spawned. Let's assume they walk towards the player

=> If you are moving while they spawn, e.g. on a vehicle driving to whatever location, you will be far away once the horde will occur on that position you have been. You will never see them. You will only meet them in the absolutely rare case they spawned directly in a position you are moving to

=> staying for a certain time in a restricted area once they spawn, e.g. building your own base or looting a poi, they will walk by close to your location

HOWEVER:

Even it they will walk by close to your location, they are still not aggroed and therefore still walk past you. If you are in your base or looting a poi and don't aggro them, they will still just walk by and you probably won't even notice them. IF they come close enough and you make e.g. sound or aggro them with whatever action, they may come to your position. (They may also find a breadcrumb of your movement)

In conclusion: There are many spawns of wandering hordes, but from my experience, 90% of them you won't even notice, because they just walk by and you will never notice that anything happened at all. But they are still happening.

Archived