RTX 2060 6GB Low fram rates

Sneefy

i know that "Low VRAM GPUs may experience low frame-rates" is listed as a known issue but i dont know is 6GB of VRAM is considered low, if it is i apologise.

Basically i noticed low fps in large buildings on full texture res even though 6GB should be more than enough for these textures (no offense)

I know its a VRAM issue cos the user Sabiya on discord says his frames are fine on ultra with a RTX 2070 which has 8GB of VRAM

The picture with 98% GPU usage is on full texture res with high UMA

The picture with 55% is half res with medium UMA

In closing please fix this because im a gamer. Love your game.

Screenshot_(4).png

Screenshot_(1).png

More details are needed. The game doesn't rely on just your GPU like other games, CPU, RAM, and HDD speeds are critical. Notably more critical than the GPU in most cases. Especially when it comes to loading areas.

What is your system hardware?

Did you exclude the client from security software?

What are your video settings at?

On 10/4/2020 at 11:10 PM, SylenThunder said:

More details are needed. The game doesn't rely on just your GPU like other games, CPU, RAM, and HDD speeds are critical. Notably more critical than the GPU in most cases. Especially when it comes to loading areas.

What is your system hardware?

Did you exclude the client from security software?

What are your video settings at?

RTX 2060

r5 2600x

16gb 3000mhz

exclusions have been made

ive noticed that running on an SSD makes the frame rate more consistent but still maxes out my gpu in some areas

1. screen shot of your video settings (while in game)
2. try using just the F8 for showing fps
3. attach a copy of updated dxdiag or link to it if on pastebin.
3. current game output log

all that is very useful in trying to spot issues.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

4 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

1. screen shot of your video settings (while in game)
2. try using just the F8 for showing fps
3. attach a copy of updated dxdiag or link to it if on pastebin.
3. current game output log

all that is very useful in trying to spot issues.

:)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Screenshot (5).png

DxDiag.txt

1st thing i see (and this is personal preference) turn off "Reflective Shadows" mine is off all the time and i am running 1440 with most at max.. but shadows are a high impact. you might want to drop shadow distance down one step to see if helps.

also new feature for a19 is we can change size of the fps text... video - ui tab and down towards bottom. fps scaling.

Don't worry, a 2060 6gb is more than enough for 1080p, with the right settings you should get relatively stable 60fps with full textures. I also own one.

First of all, reduce the shadow distance to medium. Far may not be a problem on daylight - but will tank your fps on sunset and/or sunrise.

Make sure, dynamic resolution is off.

Some people suffer from a bug in A18/19.1 where they have to reapply either texture filter or terrain quality on every start of the game (including me). This is what I had to do once every gaming session:

-          Change texture filter to any other setting (for example from High to Low)

-          Change texture filter back to your original setting (High)

-          Press Apply.

This bug seams to be fixed in 19.2 for me.

Honestly turning down reflections should help a bunch. I'm running on a (although high ram/overclocked) apu for mid-low range testing and I don't see a difference in performance from half to full textures, so you should be okay there, just your reflections are likely killing you. Can also get better performance and barely notice anything by lowering terrain quality. Optimizations are coming in the future.

If I set terrain quality to high, it's fine for a while. After a bit though something happens that just starts tanking FPS into the 40's for no reason. I flip it to medium, an I don't have this issue.

I set UMA to low because it helps out when you're running large bloodmoons.

On 10/6/2020 at 3:28 AM, SylenThunder said:

AFAIK reflections have never been optimized, and is one of the biggest causes for tanking framerates. Just disable everything with the word reflection in it.

This is the one and only main reason for FPS issues "some of these newer settings have never been optimized" Sneefy its generally something they get round to eventua'lol'y ~ There's also the possibility of  installing steam under an xVHD for those who know. Install folder for games will still be C:\Program Files (X86) on local. Just an option if you wish to throttle/test a lot more!

22 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

These are the settings I use with my 1060 6GB, and I get a very stable 60FPS with it locked down by Nvidia control panel. V-Sync is off.

spacer.png

Dang, these look quite low for your card, for a viewer reference of those with ATI I've mine set like so 

image.thumb.png.3f3063a58625b81e93a2d2d5aa490c36.pngimage.thumb.png.3f3063a58625b81e93a2d2d5aa490c36.png

Card Is R7 370 4GB and FPS is mostly around 50-60 drops to 40 in admin but am happy with it either way. Maybe it will help someone = ,)'

34 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

If I set terrain quality to high, it's fine for a while. After a bit though something happens that just starts tanking FPS into the 40's for no reason. I flip it to medium, an I don't have this issue.

I set UMA to low because it helps out when you're running large bloodmoons.

Hmm good to know Sylen I always seem to have the BM issues with particles at 50% so mine are off always maybe its a card thing xD.

image.thumb.png.75c68aeee5266b978cb3d249737685b8.pngThese are my settings with 1440x900 resolution))) And I'm playing on a MacBook Pro 2018 with i7 16Gb Ram and Radeon Pro 555X 4Gbs. This is how I can achieve 60-70 fps until some zeds happen on my way) Worst case is large BM or simultaneous Factory mission and WH )) They I can get as low as 10-15 fps...

Sometimes I play with shadows on far, LOD at 100% (it usually makes no diff, just was messing with it when I took the pic), bloom sun shafts and some AA but usually this is my setup. 50-60 FPS outdoors with 40's in the low end, 60 - 80 in doors (pois, bases, etc.). View distance, reflections and particles make a large difference (shadows too, depending). A19.2 has had some optimizations that might/should help a lot, mostly. Don't forget to check drivers, and disable the bloat ware most systems come with (including Windows bloat).

• *Changed: Updated MicroSplat with our customizations, settings and regen textures/shaders (Shawn)

• Changed: Improved terrain shader settings for better performance (Shawn)

AMD Ryzen 3200G Quad Core 4.0 GHz 16Gb DDR4-3200 RAM, Vega 8 (OC to 1700MHz) 7Gb, Game/OS/Steam installed on a 225GB M.2 SSD

image.png.2471ea03479331b3532ea7b2f79e2c00.png

Archived