Any else collapsing structure by doing things that shouldn't affect the physics engine?

KiaDragon

I am running Alpha 19.1 (b8).

Two very weird physics effects happened in my latest game.  I was cutting the electrical cabling on the mega broadcast tower POI.  It was definitely the cabling because I was cutting through 300 point material instead of the towers 1000 metal.

When it cut out a single section of of the cabling running up the tower, the entire tower above it collapsed around me.  I squatted down and managed not to die with a full third of the tower collapsing around me.

Then half an hour later, same game and I am standing on scaffolding in a POI, zero damage to the scaffolding or anything around it.  I dig up one stack of concrete.  As soon as the concrete hits my inventory, the entire scaffolding structure collapses.  I didn't survive that one.

Is this just me?  I have screwed up when constructing and deconstructing buildings in 7DTD for a long time, have watched the Structural Integrity video on YouTube (good stuff), and I know what happens when I frack up and chop out a key support.

I was willing to write the first one off as my being an unobservant dumbass and actually cutting out the metal by mistake instead of the electrical cabling.

But I have never collapsed anything after I dug out a materials block.

It's not you. Some POIs fall apart when blocks that shouldn't be support blocks are removed. One of the junk yards (can't remember the name), just put a frame next to the sign by the front gate and remove it, and the sign comes crashing down. There is (or was, haven't played in a bit) a billboard in front of one of the gas stations, if you step on the platform the whole thing comes down. Not sure if that one is a bug or by design.

As far as I know, they've fixed some and know about the others. I haven't been paying attention to the patch notes and the bug section for awhile, so not sure if they are on the list of things to fix or not.

You might want to browse the bug section and see if your particular ones are known or not.

Yeah the POIs can spawn in very strangely.  We've had POIs spawn in floating and if anything in the building was broke, whether it be a block, a piece of trash, a window, anything, the entire POI would crumble.  We also have an entire house where the entire second and third stories are held but by one window frame.  So there is no telling when a building may collapse out of no where or if they will be indestructible and will never fall lol.

Archived