Jump to content
ElCabong

I don't have the patience to complete tier five missions

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Danidas said:

In A20 hopefully they will replaced the quest menu with a tabbed one that will allow you to select missions for any tier that you have unlocked. So once you reach tier 5 you can easily go back to tier 1 to 4 missions when ever you want to. As they talked about wanting to do this a while back and were waiting to redo some of the menus to implement it.

They wanted to do this for A19 actually, but other than that quest system change the rest of a19 was *done* so they didn't wanna delay it for the trader thing, so it got pushed to a20 like the vehicle changes did. My guess it is gonna be a 5 page window with 5 quests for each tier on the page, you still have to do your current tier to rank up to the next u can't rank from t2 to t3 by doing t1. Another way to do is when you say got any work, trader asks what tier? and it lets u choose tier 1-5 then it lists the up to 5 quests per day for that tier. This way might be easier for tfp to implement as the system is already there, compared to the page system which they might have to put in for npc convo's as I do not think there is one right now.

 

I also agree T5 quests are not worth doing, the poi's are too big, often have too little loot for the time investment needed, and the quest reward itself is deff not worth the time spent to do it if its a clear. If its just a fetch mission its fine as you can then just skip right to the objective and then loot room and get out, but iirc didn't they remove fetch quests from tier 5 for that very reason? They were too easy for the tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kalen said:

Isn't that the point of fetch quests?   I find it odd that you consider doing the quest as listed as cheesing.

Yes the point of the quest is to get the satchel but I think avoiding everything in the POI to go straight for the satchel and then the final loot without fighting any zombies or taking any risks to be cheesing it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sjustus548 said:

Yes the point of the quest is to get the satchel but I think avoiding everything in the POI to go straight for the satchel and then the final loot without fighting any zombies or taking any risks to be cheesing it.  

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kalen said:

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion

As are you my friend  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, meganoth said:

You are all a bunch of sad misguided meta-gamers who look at buildings only as a lootbox. For you TFP could as well just put rectangular cubes of differing sizes onto the map and call them POIs 😋

 

If only the loot interests you you might as well just farm the smallest T5 once you are on the lookout for quality 6 items, before that tier3 probably offers some of the best value for your precious grind time. And naturally a missed sleeper is a major obstacle which decreases your farm efficiency to unacceptable values.

 

I hope there are still players around who can appreciate the design of Dishong as a building and as a dungeon. I only go into Dishong after a few (real-time) months have passed so I don't get into this state of seeing it only as a string of lootboxes. Dishong is for immersion, not for your industrial loot production.

 

😉

 

Bob's Boars is the best, fight me. That first time through still got me by surprise. Shame the 

Spoiler

giant irradiated boar was glitched to not notice me. Still chewed me up though when I bonked it in the face with a club. 

 

2 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

As are you my friend  :)

Now kiss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find them tedious as well. They just take too long to finish. My issue is once you start a quest you are committed to staying there until done. You can't leave and come back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Krougal said:

I find them tedious as well. They just take too long to finish. My issue is once you start a quest you are committed to staying there until done. You can't leave and come back.

You cannot pause either. Once you leave the game you have to restart the quest when you log back in.

It once happened to me that the power went out when I was in the middle of a T5 quest. I had to do it all over again.

 

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally enjoy the T5 quests.  I was so happy to see Higashi tower fixed.  In A18 the top medical ward didn't spawn, making it uncompleteable.

 

I agree with Meganoth.  Dishong and Higashi are about immersion.  The biggest buildings, and clues to how the zombies were first created (or were they studying them at the beginning of the outbreak? Who knows?).  The detail to their partial destruction is also pretty great from an artistic standpoint.  Whoever designed these POIs did an incredible job.

 

Crackabook is the best place for magazines and recipes, hands-down, even with the hit-or-miss luck on lootable bookcases.  The new crappy bookshelves that you see in the lower tier Crackabooks are nearly always paper, but old style bookcases are high-output for recipes and mags.

 

Factories and hospital are a bit tedious, but I do them if I can't get a skyscraper.

 

I really enjoy trying to clear Dishong without missing any rooms on the way.  Even knowing the entire POI, its easy to miss one or two spots and have to backtrack.  Like one of the corners on the first floor that I swear I walked through.  Or one of the closed-off rooms on the under-construction floor (Level 4 I think?).  Or the Men's bathroom on the gym level (5?).  Dishong and Higashi are both unique from the others in that they don't always lead you to every single room that needs cleared, and a few doors do need broken down, and the zombies won't show up on radar until you are into the room.  Makes it difficult to find everything in the first pass.

 

The apartment building is pretty fun, even though it takes longer than the factories.  If you hit every wooden door, I think you get 46 doorknobs.  While that isn't amazing compared to the T1 houses that have 4 or 5 radiators on the walls, its a nice bonus on the xp you get clearing all the zombies.  It also has a few "You would've missed this" spots.  The fall-thru floor on floor 2.  If you successfully avoid the trap, you have to jump down and clear it anyway.  One of the bathrooms (I think on floor 3) is easy to miss because the radar doesn't pick them up from the main apartment.  And one of the closets on the construction level used to not show them from the main area, but I think that's fixed in A19.  Also, getting to hear random explosions as a wandering horde bumps into the back of the building always gives me a chuckle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stample said:

It also has a few "You would've missed this" spots

Luckily it seems there is a fix on the way. Someone from TFP said they added a new flag to zombie volumes so they can be ignored for quest completion if desired. Obviously the perfect flag for the fall-thru trap room.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, stample said:

I personally enjoy the T5 quests.  I was so happy to see Higashi tower fixed.  In A18 the top medical ward didn't spawn, making it uncompleteable.

 

I agree with Meganoth.  Dishong and Higashi are about immersion.  The biggest buildings, and clues to how the zombies were first created (or were they studying them at the beginning of the outbreak? Who knows?).  The detail to their partial destruction is also pretty great from an artistic standpoint.  Whoever designed these POIs did an incredible job.

no one says those  poi are bad  or boring ..but apartment + messiah factory is similar by lenght + loot

shamway factory is complete waste of time .. shamway boxes are trash overall ... some cans and rotten sandwitches wont help you progress like tools/weapons/books

 

dishong and higashi .... is comparable in loot to factory but atleast 2-3x longer making them alot less rewarding 

 

waterworks is by fast shortest 1/2 - 1/3 of factory .. with comparable loot

 they just need to balance loot to lenght  a little .. nothing more

 

clear quest in dishong is quite torturous ... maybe  we should get fixed target for clear ... like "kill 50 zombies in dishong" instead chasing every single zombie hidden in corner

Edited by alanea (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, alanea said:

clear quest in dishong is quite torturous ... maybe  we should get fixed target for clear ... like "kill 50 zombies in dishong" instead chasing every single zombie hidden in corner

You're in luck.... check out the post right above yours

 

Quote

Luckily it seems there is a fix on the way. Someone from TFP said they added a new flag to zombie volumes so they can be ignored for quest completion if desired. Obviously the perfect flag for the fall-thru trap room.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kalen said:

You're in luck.... check out the post right above yours

well .. if they make specific groups ignore it wont solve that much ... i see issue in size of poi itself ..  amount of zombie in  skyscrappers is nowhere close to water / factory ...combined with tracker that isnt 100%....

if we needed  to clear 70-90%  non specific  zombies .. it would make  stuff alot easier for people who dont  know that poi yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alanea said:

well .. if they make specific groups ignore it wont solve that much ... i see issue in size of poi itself ..  amount of zombie in  skyscrappers is nowhere close to water / factory ...combined with tracker that isnt 100%....

if we needed  to clear 70-90%  non specific  zombies .. it would make  stuff alot easier for people who dont  know that poi yet

Well thats the point.... the level designers will now have the ability to make groups of zombies not needed for the clear quest.   

 

Of course, whether this is helpful or not depends on how much they use that feature in the designs.  Hopefully, the only zombies that they flag for clear quests would be the ones on the "main path" of the POI.   That should make things a little better, I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alanea said:

well .. if they make specific groups ignore it wont solve that much ... i see issue in size of poi itself ..  amount of zombie in  skyscrappers is nowhere close to water / factory ...combined with tracker that isnt 100%....

if we needed  to clear 70-90%  non specific  zombies .. it would make  stuff alot easier for people who dont  know that poi yet

Most people in those clear quests in dishong have problems even when they follow the path, because there are a few sideways rooms where you need to use the axe to remove boards or a half-collapsed door. The other problematic spot is the trap, if you avoid it you'll never see the zombies in that trap. Those side rooms and the trap room will cease to be a problem with that fix.

 

If you don't follow the path, you are on your own. Either you are good at searching then or you deserve your fate.

 

Waterworks is tier4, by the way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dishong is disproportionately larger than all the other T5s.  Higashi is approaching that.  I fully expect to see both of them become T6 once TFP is done implementing that stage.

 

That said, I usually clear Dishong in ~ 1 hr RL fully in Stealth mode, so a little slow.  I ran it last night with a buddy who is more of a run-and-gun type and we did it in 45 minutes.  So its about twice what it takes to do other T5s.  Given that T6s are going to provide about 60% more xp and 75% more dukes than T5 (at least that's what's in the xml right now) it puts it more in line with the others if they make it T6.

 

T5 Clear quest

        <reward type="Exp" value="15000"/>
        <reward type="Item" id="casinoCoin" value="4080"/>

T6 Clear quest

        <reward type="Exp" value="24000"/>
        <reward type="Item" id="casinoCoin" value="7200"/>

 

What I love about Dishong is the constant source of xp-filled zeds, sitting in every corner of every room.  *Bang* xp *slash* xp.  Zombie density is very high.  Made 2 full levels at normal xp gains, starting at lvl 83.  So there is a lot of non-stop XP in that place as long as you keep moving.

Edited by stample
maths (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dishong takes forever, I'd agree...  I tend to avoid it these days.  But all the other T5 are ok I'd say.  Clearing isn't the problem, looting is.  I believe my usual clear time fpr Higashi is about 10 minutes if I don't loot (on default settings, higher difficulty would probably be a different story), but then I go back for a full 30-45 minutes to loot.  Crack-a-book is even shorter. Though, to be fair, I'm not playing stealth, I pretty much just bull-run through the building. Doing T5 in full stealth mode would indeed take quite long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah... looting is definitely the hold-up.  I don't really need to loot that trashbag... but it might have a sewing kit.  Nope, lead.  But this trashcan might have the last magazine I need!  Nope, just paper. But this cabinet will definitely have some canned food to keep me topped off... nope empty can and 3 empty jars.

 

Why, why cannot I not loot everything I come across?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2020 at 4:06 PM, meganoth said:

Most people in those clear quests in dishong have problems even when they follow the path, because there are a few sideways rooms where you need to use the axe to remove boards or a half-collapsed door. The other problematic spot is the trap, if you avoid it you'll never see the zombies in that trap. Those side rooms and the trap room will cease to be a problem with that fix.

 

If you don't follow the path, you are on your own. Either you are good at searching then or you deserve your fate.

 

Waterworks is tier4, by the way.

 

I can confirm Dishong is a bit of a pain. My girl and I just did that one recently and had to scour the entire thing for half a day finding the missing three zombies. One is hidden at the first floor stairs which is inaccessible I believe unless you break the door, so that one made no sense if you follow the path laid out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fully combat specced character (steel armor, sledgehammer) does a lev 5 clear mission in about 30 minutes. With some variation depending on a POI. Let's call it "up to 45 minutes" to be on a safe side. 

 

Ofc a sneaker or not so combat focused character could spend hours on doing one, with all the auto agro rooms and then having to run away, stealth and wait for the zombies to settle down again and then circling back to get stealth kills on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tehnomaag said:

with all the auto agro rooms and then having to run away, stealth and wait for the zombies to settle down again and then circling back to get stealth kills on them. 

There aren't that many in the t5 buildings it turns out--none at all, actually, in any of the skyscrapers.

 

I do appreciate, however, that the #1 just recently discovered stealth tactic for those rooms is getting into the minds of the players and being mentioned in more threads. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tehnomaag said:

A fully combat specced character (steel armor, sledgehammer) does a lev 5 clear mission in about 30 minutes. With some variation depending on a POI. Let's call it "up to 45 minutes" to be on a safe side. 

 

Ofc a sneaker or not so combat focused character could spend hours on doing one, with all the auto agro rooms and then having to run away, stealth and wait for the zombies to settle down again and then circling back to get stealth kills on them. 

 It's nice that TFP have created a level of fear where players see auto-aggro rooms everywhere 😄. Paranoia is an excellent ingredient in every horror-game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, meganoth said:

 It's nice that TFP have created a level of fear where players see auto-aggro rooms everywhere 😄. Paranoia is an excellent ingredient in every horror-game.

 

 

I would not call it "fear". Its more of an nuisance, annoyance, frustration, etc. After the first few auto-agro rooms it is not that hard to connect the dots. Then it is what ... about dozen different buildings, at most, if even that where the game sends you for missions so you know your eyes closed how, exactly, will this POI play out. Doing them over and over and over again ad nauseum. Like in red mesa (tier 4), for example, get next to the small tower, make hole in the wall, shoot all the sleepers in the head, get endgame loot head downstairs, there is 2 more auto agro rooms and then it no longer matters from where you come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Tehnomaag said:

I would not call it "fear". Its more of an nuisance, annoyance, frustration, etc. After the first few auto-agro rooms it is not that hard to connect the dots. Then it is what ... about dozen different buildings, at most, if even that where the game sends you for missions so you know your eyes closed how, exactly, will this POI play out. Doing them over and over and over again ad nauseum. Like in red mesa (tier 4), for example, get next to the small tower, make hole in the wall, shoot all the sleepers in the head, get endgame loot head downstairs, there is 2 more auto agro rooms and then it no longer matters from where you come. 

You are describing the general burn-out from playing this game for a long time. I probably can describe a single room of some of the POIs in the game and you could play the whole POI in your mind right now without even starting the game. "Here, there and there is a closet with a possible zombie in it. In that room are loose floor-boards, walk on the desks to go around the trap. This room has zombies in the ceiling...". So what is special about THAT trap with auto-aggro zombies where you know a few ways to handle it? Nothing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently completed the tier 2 missions, although I spent quite a bit of time on this quest. It is unbelievable that you are tier 5 missions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ElCabong Btw take a look at compopack. :D  A mod that adds around 300 usermade POI´s. The vanilla tier 5 quests are small and short. Not sure if it is a quest location but the amusement park took us three and half days to clear out and loot. I just stepped in for the last bit and the looting tough. My buddy did all the killing, i only cleared the parking lot.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...