Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Lenny Lettuce Lips

Lenny Lettuce Lips

7 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

I find the tier 5 quests aren't really worth doing.  They take too long for such a small reward.  I can knock out multiple tier 4 quests in the time it takes to do one tier 5, I refuse to cheese the quests so that effects how long it takes me.

I'm a quest fiend, and I can somewhat agree with them being a bit grindy. I personally only take them just after a hoard night so I have plenty of recovery time for materials. 

Being a quest fiend, I always sink at least a single point into Daring Adventurer for the additional loot choice. Makes a difference. If the point is that tier 5 quests are too grindy/boring, that's likely to be adjusted. I wouldn't say they aren't worth doing on their face, however. I think part of the issue is the loot table for the rewards is a tad too low. I think they leave them a certain way because the tier 5 locations are supposed to have some pretty hefty loot rooms as well as a ton of salvageables. If you make a few days of it, you can come away stacked for the week. Better if you cheese it and clear it once and let it respawn once you start the quest ; )

an idea that just struck me for solo play is tune up the loot abundance for you tier 5 quest, if you want it to be a bit jucier. 

Lenny Lettuce Lips

Lenny Lettuce Lips

7 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

I find the tier 5 quests aren't really worth doing.  They take too long for such a small reward.  I can knock out multiple tier 4 quests in the time it takes to do one tier 5, I refuse to cheese the quests so that effects how long it takes me.

I'm a quest fiend, and I can somewhat agree with them being a bit grindy. I personally only take them just after a hoard night so I have plenty of recovery time for materials. 

Being a quest fiend, I always sink at least a single point into Daring Adventurer for the additional loot choice. Makes a difference. If the point is that tier 5 quests are too grindy/boring, that's likely to be adjusted. I wouldn't say they aren't worth doing on their face, however. I think part of the issue is the loot table for the rewards is a tad too low. I think they leave them a certain way because the tier 5 locations are supposed to have some pretty hefty loot rooms as well as a ton of salvageables. If you make a few days of it, you can come away stacked for the week. Better if you cheese it and clear it once and let it respawn once you start the quest ; )