Suggestions.

Nothing

Hello. I played this game in alpha 16 and 17. And then I checked alpha 19. And to be honest I was amazed by the updates but the game needs more. You should really focus on the graphics, things related to the physical movement, blood, corpses, character creation features (height, skin, color), zombies for example (instead of all tourist zombie being the same in shape, some will have missing hands, eyes, or have different face shape, or he have a different physique). and to be frank seing someone walking in the game is @%$#(I am sorry to say that) you should improve it by making it more realistic. Also opening the doors, climbing the stairs, climbing the mountains, in addition for driving.

Things to add and change
Every day in the game can reach 3 real hours.
In the 7th day instead of being hunted all the night specific number needs to be killed so they will stop haunting you (30, 40, depending on the level and on the day).
Zombies can't cross water or dive under the water instead they will just walk around, even if it was the red blood moon and you was in a House in the middle of the lake, the zombies would just mess around and wait for you the next day.
Looted food, or cooked food will be rotten after certain amount time (depending on its type)
Add more books which will teach you how to make certain food recipes and other stuff...

Farming 

Farming should be more realistic. You will need to water the plants so they can grow, and they will need more time to be harvested. 
Make the nature your first enemy instead of zombies. 

For the weather 
In the snow biome sometimes the temperature can reach - 40 °c (ofcourse this will happen in the second or third week of the game). Add blizzards to this biome. 

Also in the desert biome sandstorms will occur which will cause asthma. 

And for the forest biome the weather will be 
But sometimes it will snow there causing a drop in the temperature. But instead of harsh weather there, high number of zombies will spawn throughout the forest biome, especially on the roads. Wild bears and wolves (dire wolves) will be there too. 

Add more types of diseases.... (no ideas for this) 

It doesn't make any sense seeing zombies destroying  hard cement blocks, (I mean if you watched the walking dead series you will understand me). So make it possible for the zombies only to destroy the weaker blocks. (its OK if they can't destroy hard cement blocks because nature is your first fiercest enemy now).
I don't know if this thing can work or make sense. But listen 
Add an attribute which is physique.
This attribute can help you in reducing the usage of stamina help you in running faster, strengthing your punches and blowing with melee weapons, and makes you healthier. This attribute can be improved in many ways like running for long distances, training with dumbbells and other sports machines. And as you improve your skill you will begin to notice that your body shape is changing. (maybe this seems ridiculous but I know that you can achieve the impossible) 

Add more ambient scary sounds. Maybe wolves howling in the night, zombies screaming loudly, and others..... 

If you made the hard cement block invincible from zombie hits, then I think that more zombies should spawn in the world. 
If you can fix the way the animals attack you (I don't know if you fixed in alpha 19) but as I remember it was somehow laggy.

For the map:

Every biome of the biomes should have its special resource, so you will be obliged to go to every one of them in certain time. 

I hope also if you can reduce the size of both the burnt forest biome and the wasteland one. Make the wasteland very small that it will cover only small part of the far south west map. (remove the the city of the wasterland and add it to the desert biome).i also think that the way these three biomes are arranged is somehow non sense ( forest then burnt forest then desert) this means that at a time where was a forest then there was a desert directly near to it. I prefer having a savanna or a steppe separating between both instead of burnt forest. (this will be something new, which makes it better). 
Moreover instead for having the snow biome covering the whole north of the map. You can add a rainforest in the  North East or the North West of the map, with much more wildlife there, and just small huts scattered there. 
And if you can expand the map especially by lengthening it. 

Improve the hunting system:
Add new types of predators and preys:
Goats, buffalo's, polar bears, various types of beards....

Also skinning will give you chance to get more than just bones, hides, and meat. It can maybe grant you the animal head (so you can craft a hunting trophy). 

In addition you can more types of trees to the game (at least just to make the wilderness look better) like : 
Cedars, oak, willow tree, nuts.... And if you can improve the way the trees look like. 

(note its better to remove the helicopter since it makes non sense) 

Adding a sleep system will make the game far more realistic (drinks like coffee will refresh you)
And the better the bed the less time you need to sleep. 

I will suggest some new missions for the traders  I will start with missions of low tiers :
Deliver resources to another trade outpost. 
Repair and check for breaches in his outpost. 
Cleansing a road from zombies. 
Bring for the trader resources that can be found in different biome. (if he is in the snow biome he will need resources only found in the forests or in the desert).
Help him in defending his outpost against hordes of zombies. 

Also if you can add these to the outposts:
For the trader : instead of being standing still in his place, he can be found inside his outpost wandering around maybe repairing something or checking something, or even maybe he can sometimes stand on a tower and shoot any near zombies. (when blizzards occur or sandstorm, he can be found in his den sitting still waiting) 
For the outposts : you should redesign every outpost in which in can fit its biome. Maybe also trader Joel could have his family living with him. Also I think that 3 traders are enough (instead of five traders, one should be placed in every one of the main biomes, desert, forest, snow). 

(note some categories in the wiki still depends on the old map). 

3 minutes ago, Nothing said:

Every day in the game can reach 3 real hours.

Isn't 120 already an easy enough setting...?

4 minutes ago, Nothing said:

In the 7th day instead of being hunted all the night specific number needs to be killed so they will stop haunting you (30, 40, depending on the level and on the day).
Zombies can't cross water or dive under the water instead they will just walk around, even if it was the red blood moon and you was in a House in the middle of the lake, the zombies would just mess around and wait for you the next day.

I vote no on both of these

4 minutes ago, Nothing said:

Looted food, or cooked food will be rotten after certain amount time (depending on its type)

Agreed but the devs have said no. Instead, driving uses up our food.

5 minutes ago, Nothing said:

Add more books which will teach you how to make certain food recipes and other stuff...

All existing meals already have recipes that will teach you. You mean add additional meals and items? I'm sure they will.

8 minutes ago, Nothing said:

Farming 

Farming should be more realistic. You will need to water the plants so they can grow, and they will need more time to be harvested. 

Farming is done. It's as involved of a feature that it is going to be. Devs have said over and over that it isn't a farming game. They definitely won't add irrigation requirements or seasonal growing periods or anything beyond what it is right now.

10 minutes ago, Nothing said:

Make the nature your first enemy instead of zombies. 

Wrong game. The Long Dark is in aisle four over there.

12 minutes ago, Nothing said:

For the weather 
In the snow biome sometimes the temperature can reach - 40 °c (ofcourse this will happen in the second or third week of the game). Add blizzards to this biome. 

Also in the desert biome sandstorms will occur which will cause asthma. 

And for the forest biome the weather will be 
But sometimes it will snow there causing a drop in the temperature. But instead of harsh weather there, high number of zombies will spawn throughout the forest

Weather is still a work in progress. Location based difficulty is coming and the Forest has been designated as the easy biome. So weather will be milder and zombie spawns will be less. That is their plan. The other biomes will have more extreme weather conditions and higher spawns of more difficult enemies.

15 minutes ago, Nothing said:

Add more types of diseases.... (no ideas for this) 

(They do) and they will if there is time with everything else they are trying to get done.

16 minutes ago, Nothing said:

It doesn't make any sense seeing zombies destroying  hard cement blocks, (I mean if you watched the walking dead series you will understand me). So make it possible for the zombies only to destroy the weaker blocks. (its OK if they can't destroy hard cement blocks because nature is your first fiercest enemy now).
I don't know if this thing can work or make sense. But listen 

These zombies are different than the ones in The Walking Dead. You just have to accept the abilities of the zombies in this universe because zombies not being able to break down tougher blocks is not going to happen. You can reduce the amount of damage zombies do to blocks which makes them break down the tougher blocks much more slowly. It is in the options menu. Nature will not be the fiercest enemy. This is a zombie survival game first and foremost.

19 minutes ago, Nothing said:

Add an attribute which is physique.
This attribute can help you in reducing the usage of stamina help you in running faster, strengthing your punches and blowing with melee weapons, and makes you healthier. This attribute can be improved in many ways like running for long distances, training with dumbbells and other sports machines. And as you improve your skill you will begin to notice that your body shape is changing. (maybe this seems ridiculous but I know that you can achieve the impossible) 

Attribute system is done. They won't be adding new attributes or re-ordering the old ones. They may end up adding a few perks to some of the existing attributes but more likely they will add new perk book sets if there are gaps they want to fill. The things you want to do can be accomplished by spending extra points to improve areas of Agility, Strength, and Fortitude. Sure it would be nice to do it all cheaply within one attribute but it will have to be a mod.

22 minutes ago, Nothing said:

Add more ambient scary sounds. Maybe wolves howling in the night, zombies screaming loudly, and others..... 

That would be cool. Hopefully they will.

23 minutes ago, Nothing said:

If you made the hard cement block invincible from zombie hits, then I think that more zombies should spawn in the world. 

Zombies being able to break blocks is not what is keeping wilderness spawn numbers low. Cement will not become invincible and we may get more zombie spawns in the future depending on optimizations and performance after all features have been added. But all those extra zombies WILL be chewing through cement.

25 minutes ago, Nothing said:

If you can fix the way the animals attack you (I don't know if you fixed in alpha 19) but as I remember it was somehow laggy.

They will be sure to clean up animal animation. Right now they are cleaning up player, zombie, and NPC animations

27 minutes ago, Nothing said:

Every biome of the biomes should have its special resource, so you will be obliged to go to every one of them in certain time. 

I hope also if you can reduce the size of both the burnt forest biome and the wasteland one. Make the wasteland very small that it will cover only small part of the far south west map. (remove the the city of the wasterland and add it to the desert biome).i also think that the way these three biomes are arranged is somehow non sense ( forest then burnt forest then desert) this means that at a time where was a forest then there was a desert directly near to it. I prefer having a savanna or a steppe separating between both instead of burnt forest. (this will be something new, which makes it better). 
Moreover instead for having the snow biome covering the whole north of the map. You can add a rainforest in the  North East or the North West of the map, with much more wildlife there, and just small huts scattered there. 
And if you can expand the map especially by lengthening it. 

They are tat the limit of biome types that they can have using the technology they are using. So no rainforest or savannah type of biomes. Similar biomes to those existed at one time and had to be cut. Biomes are done. The current set of biomes is what the game will ship with. Navezgane is set as well except for one section that still needs to be added. For variations in biomes use the random map generator. As for specific resources per biome they tried that in the past but have since returned to resources everywhere. Navezgane is 6km x 6km so if you want a larger map then generate an 8k x 8k map.

33 minutes ago, Nothing said:

Add new types of predators and preys:
Goats, buffalo's, polar bears, various types of beards....

Also skinning will give you chance to get more than just bones, hides, and meat. It can maybe grant you the animal head (so you can craft a hunting trophy). 

In addition you can more types of trees to the game (at least just to make the wilderness look better) like : 
Cedars, oak, willow tree, nuts.... And if you can improve the way the trees look like. 

Everyone always wants a greater variety of everything which is great if they have the time.

34 minutes ago, Nothing said:

(note its better to remove the helicopter since it makes non sense) 

No wonder it makes no sense if you think it is a helicopter. It is not, it is a gyrocopter and if google it and watch real life videos you will see that the in game vehicle makes perfect sense. If faatal has time he has said that he would like to add a true helicopter but it would be a long shot for that to actually happen.

37 minutes ago, Nothing said:

I will suggest some new missions for the traders  I will start with missions of low tiers :
Deliver resources to another trade outpost. 
Repair and check for breaches in his outpost. 
Cleansing a road from zombies. 
Bring for the trader resources that can be found in different biome. (if he is in the snow biome he will need resources only found in the forests or in the desert).
Help him in defending his outpost against hordes of zombies. 

Also if you can add these to the outposts:
For the trader : instead of being standing still in his place, he can be found inside his outpost wandering around maybe repairing something or checking something, or even maybe he can sometimes stand on a tower and shoot any near zombies. (when blizzards occur or sandstorm, he can be found in his den sitting still waiting) 
For the outposts : you should redesign every outpost in which in can fit its biome. Maybe also trader Joel could have his family living with him. Also I think that 3 traders are enough (instead of five traders, one should be placed in every one of the main biomes, desert, forest, snow). 

(note some categories in the wiki still depends on the old map). 

New quest types would be great. Some good ideas there. Five traders is perfect for the five biomes: desert, forest, snow, burnt, wasteland. No reason to cut 2 of them. I have no objection to the trader being in different locations around his base but I doubt such work would be seen as a priority while there are other things that must get done. You have some interesting perspectives and maybe you can get into modding to make some of your ideas a reality but the game is really close now to being finished and so major edits and reworkings are most likely not in the cards.

I am convinced with the red blood moon. But tell me zombies in the water walking, is this rational?? If it is then tell me why. 

And what is your reply when about the character body features? 

And for the farming I am not telling to make an evolution for it. Just improve it a little bit. 

Question : if the forest biome is the easiest one then no one will go to other biomes.

And I didn't say to cut the two other biomes, but to decrease their sizes and expanding other ones. 

Just a question: are the devs interested in expanding the main map size?? 

And for making the nature your first enemy, your right its not the long dark, but it must be dangerous one also. 

And a question when will you plan to release alpha 20. 

Thanks for you. 

I feel like Roland hit a lot of these points better than I could, and I also think you have some good ones, especially stuff like the ambient noises. I'd love to get some more creepy ambient stuff going on! The TFP have already really stepped up their environmental story telling so I'm all for more little tweaks to make the world feel more alive, er.. well, zombied.

15 minutes ago, Nothing said:

But tell me zombies in the water walking, is this rational?? If it is then tell me why. 

This however, I can't say I agree with. First, "rational." As just a few examples among many, we have obese zombie cop boys spewing rancid puke from 50 paces that dissolves steel, we have Lucifer in pigeon form (vultures) that want to destroy any vehicle as much as Zeus wanted to procreate, we have zombos with bombs strapped to themselves that are still working after the indeterminate time since whatever happened, happened. There's lots of stuff that isn't "rational" in 7D2D, and that's 100% ok because 7D2D isn't holding itself out an incredibly realistic experience. Zombies walking in water, to me, pales in comparison to say, zombies that are perpetually on fire yet never completely burn away (which for the record, also doesn't really bother me, because, again, not the focus of the game). Further, if we extend 7D2D to the larger zombie genre, zombies are depicted in countless forms of media as walking across the bottoms of bodies of water to get to delicious living human noms. So even within the larger zombie mythos this is an established thing, plus, from a gameplay perspective it makes sense that TFP would want zombies to be able to get to players who turtle up on an island. Otherwise the game is pretty much just over once you've dug a tiny moat around yourself.

Sorry, tl;dr.

Seems like you are new to the forums and maybe also to the game?

Keep playing it for a while, think about it deeper and read across the forums first.

New people bringing up the same fast-shot topics over and over again. Most of them have been already discussed until everybody puked.

Have you already discovered mods?

First, clearly you have thought a lot about this. Good for you for trying to offer suggestions. 👍

1 hour ago, Nothing said:

I am convinced with the red blood moon. But tell me zombies in the water walking, is this rational?? If it is then tell me why.

Your time here at the forums will go better if you don't worry too much about what is "rational" with regard to a fictional monster. The Fun Pimps have their own concept of what a zombie is and what it can do and it's not really fair of us to project our own ideas onto the game and then complain that their ideas don't match. These are TFP's zombies, and they can walk under water. As far as I know that wasn't always the case and a lake base was pretty invulnerable. I personally think it's better the way it is now - nowhere is safe!

And for the farming I am not telling to make an evolution for it. Just improve it a little bit.

I am a fan of, for example, the Ark style of farming, which does require watering and fertilization. And I somewhat preferred the old hoe-the-ground mechanic that 7D2D had. But TFP's vision is that this is "not a farming simulator" and they want enough self-grown food to be interesting and useful, while trimming away anything they consider fat. I think some of the changes actually provided a game performance boost too. So your ideas aren't bad or anything, just not part of the vision of the game. There are mods which add back in more serious farming, though.

Question : if the forest biome is the easiest one then no one will go to other biomes.

And I didn't say to cut the two other biomes, but to decrease their sizes and expanding other ones. 

I don't agree with your first assertion, not least because it has never been true for any other game. Every game with the concept of "character level" has gradually more difficult areas that open up as you progress. In the case of 7D2D all areas are "open" from the start of course, but it's natural for players to explore beyond their starting areas as they gain skills and better tools/weapons. And with TFP's vision, better tools & weapons will more likely be found in the harder areas, so you will have to venture out if you want the good stuff. Of course, if a player wants to hang out in the forest biome and putter around base/town, so what? As long as they're having fun, we should just let them. My guess though is that the always-increasing difficulty of zombies will force players into more difficult areas in search of better gear.

You should definitely spend time with the random world generator and try to find a map layout you like. If you really want control over how big each biome is, try the Nitrogen map generator. It takes a little bit of practice to get used to using it, but you can create almost any mix of biomes that you want. More mountains? More wasteland? No wasteland at all? Lots of lakes/rivers? You can set all that up how you want.

The game supports 4096x4096 and 8192x8192, that's it for now. Nitrogen will let you go larger, but you will need enough RAM to both generate and to play the world.

And for making the nature your first enemy, your right its not the long dark, but it must be dangerous one also.

Hunger, thirst, hypo/hyperthermia, injury, disease, hostile animals (both normal and infected) with significant additional hostiles at night. What are you hoping for? In any case, it's a zombie apocalypse game, so it makes sense, doesn't it, that zombies are the first enemy?

2 hours ago, Nothing said:

But tell me zombies in the water walking, is this rational?? If it is then tell me why.

As others have pointed out, The Fun Pimps have presented their monsters as they desire them to be. Some people would rather they stop calling them zombies and make up some other word since they seem to violate some traditional ideas about what zombies can and cannot do. As for walking in the water, I believe I have seen other movies/shows where you see zombies walking up out of the depths so that one is not so far outside of what has been done before. The simple fact is that TFP's zombies do walk and run under water and can swim up to the surface as well. They can dig and pound through concrete. These are intentional abilities that the developers are not interesting in "improving". You will have to make up your own mind about whether these things we fight are zombies or "zombies" but once you get past that and just accept what they can do then the fun is in defending and surviving against those abilities.

And what is your reply when about the character body features? 

You'll have to remind me of that. I must have missed it. I'm for any improvements to character art and animation. You should know though that the current new zombies added in A19 are considered final versions for the release of the game. There are still some legacy zombies in the game that still need to be upgraded.

Personally, I love farming games. Stardew Valley meets 7 Days to Die would be a dream for me. But the devs are NOT interested in something like that. Farming is minimal and abstracted and like I said before...done. There are some pretty good mods that add a greater variety of crops and some extra complexity to farming I believe. You should look into those. It's not that I'm against farming improvements but I just know for a fact that the farming component of the game for the final version has been checked off their list. They are committed to the microsplat technology for the benefits it brings. Unfortunately, that technology also brings limitations-- one of which necessitates using the planter box method for farming. Sorry.

3 hours ago, Nothing said:

Maybe. But the developers have already linked loot quality and enemy toughness to the player's gamestage. Their next step is to give certain biomes and some POI's within those biomes a gamestage booster which will make those locations extra difficult but also have better loot than the easier areas. So there will be a built in incentive to challenge those tougher areas and I think that after finding only stone axes and pipe guns in the crates of the Forest, there will be quite a few willing to step into the tougher biomes to hopefully get better weapons. But you are correct, some people will happily play out their game in the forest biome which I think is perfectly fine for them to do.

Sorry if I misunderstood. The main Navezgane map is basically finished. They are going to add the Duke's Casino area and this might expand the map a bit but not likely as I believe the spot for it is already decided within the current confines of the world. There are 3 PREGEN maps that are larger than Navezgane and as mentioned there is a mod called Nitrogen that allows you to configure a map of your choosing so a really long map like you were hoping for would be possible.

3 hours ago, Nothing said:

And a question when will you plan to release alpha 20. 

Weather survival does need to be fixed. There are already a lot of non-Zombie threats and I can tell you that the severity of hunger, thirst, disease, and weather have been increased and decreased over the years and the discovery is that the more severe you make those things the less general appeal the game has. There will always be hardcore survivalist gamers who won't be happy unless you can possibly die by wiping your brow during the very first animation. However, TFP is tyring to create a game that appeals to a larger audience. Once again you can get mods that ramp up the survival aspects of the game to where you could turn off zombies and still have a tough time surviving.

Alpha 20 was originally planned to be released by Christmas back when Alpha 19 was originally planned to be released by June.... Who can say? Unless they do something really small and limited in scope it won't be Christmas. Probably more like April-- but I could be wrong. 

Your suggestions aren't bad. It's just that the game is in its final leg of development and the developers have really locked in to what they want to do. But there are mods that can add tons of depth to what the default game offers.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I am wasting your time. But here is another idea.  There are two possibilities 

Either when creating a character you will have to choose a special skill for the new character. The skills are five 

Being expert in gunfires

Melee weapons

Being  tough and durable 

Being an architect which will save for you many materials when crafting

Or being expert in digging and cutting down trees. 

Or instead of creating a character five characters  will be presented each one of them having one of these skills. 

Great suggestions. The problem isn't that you don't have good ideas. It is just that this is near the end of the development of the game. Character development is done. The way it is now is the way the game will ship. Also, TFP has intentionally taken the path of having the player become an expert in those five areas as you play the game instead of choosing something to begin the game with. You can be an expert in gunfire if you spend your skillpoints in that area. Same with all the rest. Every special skill you mentioned already have perks that you can purchase to gain those special skills. They don't want to front load those skills before you start playing. At the beginning you can do pretty much everything pretty well. Then depending on how you spend your skillpoints you gain special skills.

No waste of time at all. Sharing ideas is still valuable for the possibility of modding and also for when TFP starts development on their next game. Keep all your thoughts in mind and you'll be involved with their next project from the start.

I really appreciate your time. Just a question 

Can we expect to see alpha 20 in December. What features will it focus. I think it will focus on graphics and physics right?? 

And I hope if I can help in suggesting more ideas in the future. 

Madmole has already strongly hinted at alpha 20 coming in 2021 and being bigger with more features.

They generally follow the principle "It's done when it's done". Nobody, not even the developers themselves, knows today when alpha 20 will be out.

The focus seems to be on random world generation, trader balance, a full set of stone age weapons and vehicle mods and various ways vehicles can get damage and break down. Also breaking news, water will get an overhaul.

Nothing of this is in A20 for sure. Only once a new A20 dev diary has been started and the first post lists a feature, THAT feature is definitely in.

Archived