Jump to content

DId TFP break the container transfer counter option again?


Recommended Posts

Hey all - fired up 7 days after a week or so of not playing, and noticed that my container swapping icons were different: I have sort, I have transfer ... but I have no option to place on counted limit on what not to transfer.

I've moved between computer inside that week and am not sure if it's something about my new install or if the game was broken in the interim?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "counted limit", my best guess is you've been using a mod? A mod that locks the first X slots of your inventory, so no automatic transfer takes place?

 

My options in vanilla are (from memory):

- sort

- transfer stacks of already-in-container items into container

- transfer all into container

 

I think that's all that vanilla has implemented as of yet, and they worked fine for me today (although I might not have used transfer all, but I didn't notice anything different)

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your talking about what I think your talking about then that was from a Mod for inventory sorting which the devs built in part of the Mod into a19 but not the part your looking for. Which requires a new Mod from the same author to add that function.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danidas said:

If your talking about what I think your talking about then that was from a Mod for inventory sorting which the devs built in part of the Mod into a19 but not the part your looking for. Which requires a new Mod from the same author to add that function.

Actually the sorting mod was just enabling code TFP had already written, but hadn't fully tested and implemented yet.  The feature with the locked slots is the same way. TFP put the code in, but it's commented out. The mod just enables it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LOCKED SLOTS! that's the one. I thought TFP enabled this a version or so back???? because I DID run the mod, but then it conflicted when TFP enabled it themselves, so I removed the mod and it was fine ... but now I've moved computers and it's gone ... and it's gone for my husband who hasn't moved computers. I feel like TFP added locked slots .. and then nuked it ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlyssaFaden said:

LOCKED SLOTS! that's the one. I thought TFP enabled this a version or so back???? because I DID run the mod, but then it conflicted when TFP enabled it themselves, so I removed the mod and it was fine ... but now I've moved computers and it's gone ... and it's gone for my husband who hasn't moved computers. I feel like TFP added locked slots .. and then nuked it ...

I haven't seen it enabled in any of the Vanilla builds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

I haven't seen it enabled in any of the Vanilla builds.

Why? I mean everyone would love that. It´s absolutly annoying that this is missing. It´s there and we have to mod a feature that is actually in the game already? That´s taunting us tbh.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Why? I mean everyone would love that. It´s absolutly annoying that this is missing. It´s there and we have to mod a feature that is actually in the game already? That´s taunting us tbh.

Because it doesn't work. I've toyed with enabling it, and the results are not spectacular.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah Khaine had it with his original stash button modlets but with the TFP release of the Stash Buttons Khaine had to do just a lockslot one which he did. The conflict you expierenced was because u may have been using Khaines Stash buttons when the Main game had them 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2020 at 5:17 PM, AmethystLainey said:

Yah Khaine had it with his original stash button modlets but with the TFP release of the Stash Buttons Khaine had to do just a lockslot one which he did. The conflict you expierenced was because u may have been using Khaines Stash buttons when the Main game had them 

 

OKay, so the game *DID* add them back in. thank you. I thought I was going insane. They REAPPEARED for me over the weekend WITHOUT the mod, so with everyone saying "it's not in the game" I thought I was going crazy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 11:26 AM, AlyssaFaden said:

OKay, so the game *DID* add them back in. thank you. I thought I was going insane. They REAPPEARED for me over the weekend WITHOUT the mod, so with everyone saying "it's not in the game" I thought I was going crazy!

The base game has the sort buttons yes. It has never had the locking button though. The original feature you're asking about to lock a number of slots has not been enabled in vanilla.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 9:16 PM, Sjustus548 said:

I'm sad to say that I didn't even know that was a thing in the game.  That would have saved so much time when trying to figure out where things are supposed to be stored after loot runs.  

It does save time, but then you end up missing half your gear on your next trip - ammo, meds and the like end up in the storage.

I have started keeping an empty box at my storage area, dropping everything I want to keep in there before sorting the rest. Not perfect, but at least I don't lose my stuff.

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, theFlu said:

It does save time, but then you end up missing half your gear on your next trip - ammo, meds and the like end up in the storage.

I have started keeping an empty box at my storage area, dropping everything I want to keep in there before sorting the rest. Not perfect, but at least I don't lose my stuff.

Yea the auto store feature is fairly useless without the lock slots ability.

Edited by JCrook1028 (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Yea the auto store feature is fairly useless without the lock slots ability.

What I do is have a container next to my bed. When I get back from a run, I open this container which is completely empty. I stick in it the things I intend to keep on me that might get sorted.

Then I go and hit all the containers using the merge stack button. Go back to my chest once done and loot all. Stuff goes back into the slots it was in before if you emptied correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sometimes have something similar. I will put a chest by the door (a go chest?). I will have some food and water, some repair kits, med supplies, tools etc. Stuff I think I may need for certain excursions. I try to check it before I go out. Sometimes seeing an item in there reminds me that I need it. I also have a separate chest to hold all things I want to sell to trader in one chest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

What I do is have a container next to my bed. When I get back from a run, I open this container which is completely empty. I stick in it the things I intend to keep on me that might get sorted.

Then I go and hit all the containers using the merge stack button. Go back to my chest once done and loot all. Stuff goes back into the slots it was in before if you emptied correctly.

Hopefully TFP realizes how silly this workaround is and activates the locked slot feature they already coded but commented out.... Til then, I use a mod to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...