Frequent crash-to-menus, "Network Timeout", online server

symder

Hello, hoping you guys can help me out with this. 3 days ago I started having crashes while playing on my regular online server. Typically it happens when I'm opening my inventory or an object, and after logging back in I'm roughly 15 second behind where I was in terms of player position, but anything I picked up is still in my inventory. The console just says network timeout, and I crash out to the main menu. So far I have:

-Verified file integrity

-uninstall / reinstall game

-updated windows

-uninstall / reinstall graphics drivers (rx480)

-reboot computer

I attached a string of three disconnects in a row I had from yesterday. Not sure what else to try or what is suddenly causing this issue? Any thoughts would be great please. Thanks.

output_log__2020-09-30__19-08-55.txt output_log__2020-09-30__19-38-58.txt output_log__2020-09-30__18-14-01.txt

Two of your three logs show the disconnect happens when the game is trying to reduce memory use. So I'd look there first.

Check that your swapfile is managed by windows.

Shut down any apps that you don't need while playing.

Is your game running on an HDD or SSD?

C - boot drive, ssd

D - HDD, 95% of stuff goes here, 7 days was initially here

F - partition of boot drive, ssd, moved 7 days here yesterday to see if that would help, still crashing.

swapfile is set to automatically managed, if I uncheck that only the HDD is "system managed". currently allocation swapfile size is 23280MB (not set by me that's just what it says).

will start shutting down the memory hog that is chrome and see what that does, not sure if I should change anything on the swapfile or not.

Closing most programs got me a very long session before a crash. Just turned off bloom and changed draw distance to low. The draw distance is... huge lol. I went from taking 15-20 seconds to fully load in / no stuttering to more like 5 seconds, so I'm thinking that's it. I wonder if the issue is that over time more players are building stuff, and Sept 28 was the point where in my usual play area there was enough being drawn all the time to crash me. I'll let you know if I crash tomorrow, thank you so much for the help so far it's definitely improved things.

Archived