An a18 trader rebalance xlm modlet no longer working, any advice how to fix?

Tehnomaag

Back in a18 we used a serverside xlm override modlet by JaxTeller which basically just increased the trader refresh to 7 days (from default 3'ish) and vending machines restoking to be every 3 days (from default about 1 days). I digged that modlet up, just changed the "version" line to be a19 and a19.1 b8 and tried if that works. It turns out it does not as after we found the trader he had a refresh on d29 and is saying that his new refresh will be d31, i.e., the trader refresh cycle is still 3 days it seems. 

Now, in a19 obviously some things changed with traders, they kinda got specializations and there is the new medic-trader. So the modlet is not working. Any advice how to fix it? Or does such a server-side modlet already exists for a19 and I have just not yet spotted it?

I have added the current slightly edited a18 modlet, which is not working for us, to this message as an attachment. 

What the modlet did, basically was:

<JaxTeller718>

<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='1']/@min_inventory">30</set>
	<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='1']/@max_inventory">60</set>
	<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='1']/@min_items_swapped">20</set>
	<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='1']/@max_items_swapped">20</set>
	<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='1']/@reset_interval">7</set>
	<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='4']/@reset_interval">3</set>
	<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='4']/@min_inventory">4</set>
	<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='4']/@max_inventory">10</set>
	<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='4']/@min_items_swapped">4</set>
	<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id='4']/@max_items_swapped">10</set>
</JaxTeller718>

JaxTeller718_TraderBalances.zip

@Tehnomaag, well it looks like it could use couple of small adjustments here and there to address the changes in Alpha 19, but even as it is right now, it SHOULD actually work in limited situations. Particularly with trader Joel and vending machines found in the world.

If you're not sure how to write a more sophisticated xpath, just make extra copies of all the lines that contain @id='1' for all of the other traders in game and adjust the ids in those extra lines for each trader.

To make it easier for you, here are the current ids of the traders:

Joel: 1

Bob: 6

Jen: 2

Hugh: 7

Rekt: 8

If everything goes well, you will end up with 20 extra lines of code.

10 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

@Tehnomaag, well it looks like it could use couple of small adjustments here and there to address the changes in Alpha 19, but even as it is right now, it SHOULD actually work in limited situations. Particularly with trader Joel and vending machines found in the world.

If you're not sure how to write a more sophisticated xpath, just make extra copies of all the lines that contain @id='1' for all of the other traders in game and adjust the ids in those extra lines for each trader.

Thanx. I'll give it a try. We currently have only one trader on the map and it was not the Joel, so that would explain why it is not working for me currently.  As I'm mainly interested in just increasing the trader refresh interval I'll probably get away with just 4 extra lines ;)

12 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Thanx mate, with suggestion you made, the modlet is now working. It is d32 and the next trader refresh will be on d38

Archived