In a nutshell, every business encounter I've had with Trader Rekt so far

MechanicalLens

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Foamgus said:

The guy is purely annoying by all means! I always avoid him. I'd rather go with Bob even if it takes me years to reach haha. 

Same. I only deal with him until I find someone(anyone) else. Much like going to the wasteland, it just isn't fun going to his post.

Why wouldn't a guy be abusive and insulting to heavily armed people that are pushed past their breaking point?

Makes perfect sense...

He obviously never heard of the woman called Malintzin.  She was treated very badly by the Aztec empire... Bad move, as she was key in the empires downfall.

Moral of the story:  Treat everyone very nice, no matter how strong you think you are.  :D 

On 9/30/2020 at 12:03 PM, djvirus said:

At least he doesnt threaten to murder you :v

Is there actually a way to make him get better reputation with you?  becouse ive heard some voice lines with the same trader rekt voice, but they are much nicer...

But he does threaten to kill you at some point, saying he'll cut your goddamn throat if you cross him. If course this wont happen but still, he's far from being friendly.

Nothing in the game features a way to get better reputation with traders, its not something implemented. They always will say the same lines and have the same behavior with you, whatever you do.

2 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

But he does threaten to kill you at some point, saying he'll cut your goddamn throat if you cross him. If course this wont happen but still, he's far from being friendly.

At least he says openly and honestly that he wants to kill you. Trader Jen is much more devious. She always acts so nice but then tells you that you can pick up mines with a wrench. :D

1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

At least he says openly and honestly that he wants to kill you. Trader Jen is much more devious. She always acts so nice but then tells you that you can pick up mines with a wrench. :D

Jen hates stupid people. If you come back to her, you've passed the stupid test.

7 hours ago, Kyonshi said:

Nothing in the game features a way to get better reputation with traders, its not something implemented. They always will say the same lines and have the same behavior with you, whatever you do.

Why would you want your trader to be friendly? Some of the most fun people are unfriendly! Rekt is hilarious AND he has the best music.

Besides, in a zombie apocalypses I sure wouldn't trust anyone that's too cheery. 😀

13 hours ago, Astronomical said:

Why would you want your trader to be friendly? Some of the most fun people are unfriendly! Rekt is hilarious AND he has the best music.

Besides, in a zombie apocalypses I sure wouldn't trust anyone that's too cheery. 😀

It all depends on your point of view. In a context of an apocalypse of whatever cause, id personally be glad to have someone friendly and sunnier in a world excessively grim and devoid of most human presence.

Of course, i understand we could have mistrust against anyone, whatever the state of mind they have, as we should, since it can save you a lot of trouble to stay far from anyone. Still, if you give me the choice between Rekt, who treats you like @%$# when you actually HELP him survive as well but tells you "I treat you that good and you dont even @%$#ing tip me!!", and Trader Jen, i'll pick the later by a landslide in the valley between the mountains 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Archived