Jump to content
II Blittz II

Next-generation consoles.

Recommended Posts

Hi, Survivors

 

With next-generation consoles right around the corner, have any of you pre-ordered the new PS5 and/or Series X|S? I was fortunate enough, to pay off and secure myself a Series X pre-order on the 22nd of September. With that being said, I'm really looking forward to next-generation hardware, it definitely seems like a huge improvement over current-gen consoles. However, I'd really like to see a brand new port of 7 Days To Die get released sometime in the future since the new hardware will be much more capable. Anyway, did you pre-order yourself a new console, are you excited, do you not care? Let me know down below...cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not care for it atm. I'll wait until next summer when they hit some nice sale prices.  Every previous version, I've always been a Day 1 buyer. This time around though, I can't be bothered to try to wade through the crap with purchase bots and limited retailer supply.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not certain what I am going to do about the new version of console. I am currently a PS4 user but am leaning towards going back with the Xbox. I doubt I will buy it upon release because I still want to see what deals and discounts and price reductions will occur. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to grab one, but I haven't really seen any games for the next generation of consoles that really pop out and make me want one. For all the hype on the hardware, that's really the only thing that would push me to get one. Usually what pushes me to get one is some exceptional new game, and this time there just isn't anything that stands out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, linewalker said:

I would love to grab one, but I haven't really seen any games for the next generation of consoles that really pop out and make me want one. For all the hype on the hardware, that's really the only thing that would push me to get one. Usually what pushes me to get one is some exceptional new game, and this time there just isn't anything that stands out.

Yeah, it usually starts off slow the first year or two of a new console generation. However, I am looking forward to playing Bright Memory Infinite, The Medium and a few other games. Also, I have over 200+ games between the original Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One games so the Series X made the most sense for now. And eventually I'll get the PS5 at some point too, but it probably won't be for another year or two from now. With that being said, I've heard a lot of good things about Backwards Compatibility on the new hardware as well. Supposedly Xbox 360 and Xbox One games that aren't even optimized for the Series X, have faster load times and most run at a solid 60fps so that's pretty cool too, I guess. Anyway, I definitely want to see how the current console version of 7 Days To Die runs on the Series X, I wonder if it will improve the frame rate or anything. It probably won't, but I'm definitely eager to try and see if anything runs better from a performance stand point. 

Edited by II Blittz II (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 7:54 PM, II Blittz II said:

Hi, Survivors

 

With next-generation consoles right around the corner, have any of you pre-ordered the new PS5 and/or Series X|S? I was fortunate enough, to pay off and secure myself a Series X pre-order on the 22nd of September. With that being said, I'm really looking forward to next-generation hardware, it definitely seems like a huge improvement over current-gen consoles. However, I'd really like to see a brand new port of 7 Days To Die get released sometime in the future since the new hardware will be much more capable. Anyway, did you pre-order yourself a new console, are you excited, do you not care? Let me know down below...cheers!

I haven't been to concerned with the new systems, between me not really into any of the new games out now and Everytime a new system

comes out there's problems, I always wait at least 6 months to a year. I still play 7 days to die and would love for them to update the game with new graphics and items and maps... It's still a very great game with so much potential

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2020 at 12:43 PM, Humblemanjay said:

I haven't been to concerned with the new systems, between me not really into any of the new games out now and Everytime a new system

comes out there's problems, I always wait at least 6 months to a year. I still play 7 days to die and would love for them to update the game with new graphics and items and maps... It's still a very great game with so much potential

I can respect that. And to make a long story short. If I currently owned a PS4 Pro or an Xbox One X, I probably would of just waited another year or so like most of you are. However, the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X still have a few good years left in those machines. With that being said, I'm still excited and really looking forward to the new consoles nonetheless. Have a great day, and thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to buy the ps5 but I prefer to wait a bit, I want to make sure that the games are really worth it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 8:35 AM, justis said:

I want to buy the ps5 but I prefer to wait a bit, I want to make sure that the games are really worth it

Yeah, I don't blame you. I'm just a sucker for new technology these days lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this game comes to next gen it will be awhile. It definitely should have frame rate, graphics and performance improvements vs last gen. But the question would still remain. Based on what been said if they don't give the option to save manually then xbox could still have the reset error bug. Unless xbox changes something on their end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...