Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

7 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

it does. snow biome only in rwg map. unfortunately, we dont have biome placement in nitro yet. pester the creator of nitro. it would be good to get biome placement

If they are changed to helper trees would that mess up the Biome placement in normal RWG?  Just trying to understand the downside, seems like a win/win if they are changed?

Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)

Loving CP46... but have a quick stupid question.

In CP45Fix2 there was a great POI designed to be a late-stage horde defense base, and I haven't been able to find it so far in CP46.

Square, three story all-concrete - round pillars & iron spikes on open ground floor, iron bar floored fighting area on 2nd floor, living area rooms on third, rooftop garden on top.  Wish I had a screenie to illustrate, but does anyone know what this POI is called?

1 hour ago, Lumpus said:

Loving CP46... but have a quick stupid question.

In CP45Fix2 there was a great POI designed to be a late-stage horde defense base, and I haven't been able to find it so far in CP46.

Square, three story all-concrete - round pillars & iron spikes on open ground floor, iron bar floored fighting area on 2nd floor, living area rooms on third, rooftop garden on top.  Wish I had a screenie to illustrate, but does anyone know what this POI is called?

Nepa base got nerfed.  No longer a walk in. It is in the Pack tho

On 10/12/2020 at 9:28 PM, Lumpus said:

Found it - thanks!  It's actually about the way I remember it... so it will work just fine for my late-stage base :)

sorry, I dont believe in free rides in the Apoc. It still makes a great base and I made sure not to have it as a quest poi. But you will have to clean it out and clean it up. else why would the people who built it not still be there? The aftermath of a battle seemed more appropriate.

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

I may be doing something wrong but whenever I use either download link I just get a small .rar file.  I'm not getting the bigger download that I got with previous versions and can't seem to do anything with the .rar file.  Is there a problem with the link or am I messing something up.  Any advise would be appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Sprocket66 said:

I may be doing something wrong but whenever I use either download link I just get a small .rar file.  I'm not getting the bigger download that I got with previous versions and can't seem to do anything with the .rar file.  Is there a problem with the link or am I messing something up.  Any advise would be appreciated.

did you open the .rar up

it only has whats needed and not the extra stuff that was in previous versions

30 minutes ago, Sprocket66 said:

Nothing on my computer would recognize it so didn't think to search for an unzipper for it.  Got it open now, sorry for the techno brain fert.  Non technical people shouldn't try to figure these things out when tired.  Thanks for the help.

Good to hear 🙂

does this work with alpha 19.1 b8 stable no matter what i try following the instructions i can not get the prefabs from cp46 into my games i only have stock prefabs have tried new game and maps  ...new game and maps useing nitrogen map maker when i look at the prefab list the vanilla prefabs are there and the cp46 prefabs... if i go into poi teleporter only the vanilla prefabs are listed.... my 65 year old brain cell is geting worn out trying to get this to work

11 minutes ago, red dwarf said:

does this work with alpha 19.1 b8 stable no matter what i try following the instructions i can not get the prefabs from cp46 into my games i only have stock prefabs have tried new game and maps  ...new game and maps useing nitrogen map maker when i look at the prefab list the vanilla prefabs are there and the cp46 prefabs... if i go into poi teleporter only the vanilla prefabs are listed.... my 65 year old brain cell is geting worn out trying to get this to work

come to here and I will help you

https://discord.gg/EygpXj

this channel here has installation instructions with pictures for nitrogen installation of the CP

https://discord.gg/S9F679

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

yeh that worked many thx,,download cp46 from discord and it worked dont know why as i just followed the instructions just like before but the example map works now where as before after cp46 download from 7d2d forum even that did not work

many many thx

2 hours ago, red dwarf said:

yeh that worked many thx,,download cp46 from discord and it worked dont know why as i just followed the instructions just like before but the example map works now where as before after cp46 download from 7d2d forum even that did not work

many many thx

glad I could help

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Is there a possibilty to add my own POI into the compopack? Not as a submission to be in the actual mod, only for our private use on our server.

You can lol.  You can even have your poi as a modlet and run it and the cp modlet together.  Or can add it to nitro depending your play choice. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@stallionsden Well i guess i should have waited until i made a POI before asking this. Sounds like i just need to copy it in the prefabs folder i guess? 

And btw that POI you made. The cafe it´s called i think. The one with the "surprise" in the basements. Now that was fun. :D Just glad i still had grenades on me from hordenight. 

Yeh you can do that to. Just remember to add to rwgmixer  or you can make a modlet lol and put in mods folder does it all for you.

If notro tho you will have to add to the compopack_46 prefablist.txt to tho

Firstly, thanks for this. It's pretty amazing as far as raw content. 

I installed it for the first time today, I'm relatively new to 7DTD so any feedback here should probably be taken with a grain of salt. Not that it'll stop me. 

The one thing i noticed right off the bat is a LOT of the POIs seem to be absolutely stacked with loot. I'm used to finding a few crates, maybe a hardened box, gun bags, etc, in any POI, going up as you go up in scale, but even some of the really small prefabs seem to have a ton of crates, right out in the open. Like, walk in, kill a few zombs, walk out with a backpack+ full of loot. 

I understand with gamestage gating that it shouldn't be 'that' unbalancing but at least a few that I checked in my quick fly around test felt kind of excessive on the crates. 

There are some really amazing looking POIs in there though, I'm honestly impressed with the work that must have gone into these but I'm hesitant to use it in a playthrough with how much loot there is in all the new stuff. I feel like I'd be skipping ahead quick on progression... which is tempting, but I also know it'll get me bored faster. 

7 hours ago, SteamM0nkey said:

Firstly, thanks for this. It's pretty amazing as far as raw content. 

I installed it for the first time today, I'm relatively new to 7DTD so any feedback here should probably be taken with a grain of salt. Not that it'll stop me. 

The one thing i noticed right off the bat is a LOT of the POIs seem to be absolutely stacked with loot. I'm used to finding a few crates, maybe a hardened box, gun bags, etc, in any POI, going up as you go up in scale, but even some of the really small prefabs seem to have a ton of crates, right out in the open. Like, walk in, kill a few zombs, walk out with a backpack+ full of loot. 

I understand with gamestage gating that it shouldn't be 'that' unbalancing but at least a few that I checked in my quick fly around test felt kind of excessive on the crates. 

There are some really amazing looking POIs in there though, I'm honestly impressed with the work that must have gone into these but I'm hesitant to use it in a playthrough with how much loot there is in all the new stuff. I feel like I'd be skipping ahead quick on progression... which is tempting, but I also know it'll get me bored faster. 

Hi steammonkey.

Thank you for giving feedback. Got to factor in the randomness of the loot also. One game you can play and get  tonne of loot, the next you can and get very little depending which way the random gods are favouring lol.  Also you are free to remove POI's you feel dont suit your gameplay. Not everyone the same. Some love the lots a loot others don't like much. 

What loot abundance is your game set at. Lowering this will also reduce the amount of loot you get even with lots of loot in a poi

The freedom of the creator should be paramount and their pois should be based on your playstyle etc as well. So selecting pois you like is also fine and not using others is also fine.

We mostly fix old pois that mags has updated thru the alphas and kept em going. 

Whilst I understand your feedback The compo pack is a archive of prefab  built since early alphas. Magoli himself took over the pack since a9.

In saying that a few people have stated pois are over looted and altho the cp is a archive/keepsake of prefabs of yesteryear and a pack that has over 330 pois there bound to be ones you dont like or dont feel fits your game play. there are several pois we have full control over in which the creators are  not around anymore etc to and have updated to modern times whilst maintaining it at magolis wish also.

The pack however is mostly to keep all prefabs in a pack and maintained thru out the alphas so none get lost.

Wolf is going thru and doing somewhat of a loot rebal tho and looking at round 25% above vanilla.

The cp is also a pack that is above vanilla standards.  More zs, more challenge etc. Our zombie numbers for each tier also are higher.

If there is  particular poi you feel is inadequate of zs or over looted fee free to remove it or type dm in console, press f3 and take a screenshot of it and post either here or on our discord and we will take a look. Remembering bigger or difficult pois are normally higher in loot reward.

Welcome to 7D2D and the cp. 

Mainly we go thru check volumes, quests and any issue that causes lag, fps and texture streaming and high memory usage and fix gullies and replace blocks that have the base colours (ie: [player made blocks] so like  a wood block painted the concreteblock texture we replace with the concreteblock)

Cp47 will have some super new prefabs also and a loot rebal has been done on near half so far. But cp47 will see the introduction of a new system where there wil be 2 dl of nitrogen and 2 dl of the modlet.  One will have all prefabs ready to go and drop into your game the other will have all pois commented out and the user can go thru and uncomment the pois they like and want in their game.

Cp47 will also have more optimisations and fixes. Some pretty scary pois coming to.. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, GneX said:

Is there a rough estimate for CP47 btw?

No set release date but roughly after 19.4 (if there a 19.4) or when it is ready. Still a  while away yet. Personally don't like updating often. Rather people play their game and enjoy rather then having to reset often.  

• stallionsden changed the title to Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack