Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

2 hours ago I downloaded both, the nitrogen version and the modlet and I noticed some prefab.xml s differ in the packs:

RotationToFaceNorth:

- xcostum_powerplant(byKam)

- xcostum_ShoppingCenter_Galleria(by_Laz_Man)

- xcostum_strange_cornfield(by_magoli)

TotalVertices + TotalTriangles:

- xcostum_Courthouse(by_Stallionsden)

😉

xcostum_Courthouse(by_Stallionsden).xml.html

Edited by q123
file.io not working (see edit history)

Thanks for the release, rapid patch, and the overall very noticeable increase in performance.

My first fetch trader quest was to Magoli's xcostum_timbershop. I couldn't find a quest marker anywhere as I neared the Prefab and didn't receive a proximity update either. I opened up the Prefab in the Editor, and there are certainly satchels in the Prefab but no sign of a quest rally marker. Just one for the list.

Sorry to bring it up so soon after release.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

Thanks for the release, rapid patch, and the overall very noticeable increase in performance.

My first fetch trader quest was to Magoli's xcostum_timbershop. I couldn't find a quest marker anywhere as I neared the Prefab and didn't receive a proximity update either. I opened up the Prefab in the Editor, and there are certainly satchels in the Prefab but no sign of a quest rally marker. Just one for the list.

Sorry to bring it up so soon after release.

thanks for the catch, let me check, I think that one was under review as to keep questable as it was receiving a makeover by mags before we stopped hearing from him

edit: looked at it, yes, until I loot rebalance it, it will not be allowed to reset. there is a line in the xml to remove questing. will put that out later today or tomorrow in the main OP, here it is for those who want a quick patch. goes in the prefab folder for nitro. and the modlet folder for rwg

xcostum_timbershop(by_magoli).xml

1 hour ago, q123 said:

2 hours ago I downloaded both, the nitrogen version and the modlet and I noticed some prefab.xml s differ in the packs:

RotationToFaceNorth:

😉

xcostum_Courthouse(by_Stallionsden).xml.html 20.18 kB · 1 download

this is because when in testing, some of the rotations were handled differently in rwg vs nitrogen, we do not know why, but they just did. so they had to have separate copies for them

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, q123 said:

RotationToFaceNorth:

😉

xcostum_Courthouse(by_Stallionsden).xml.htmlFetching info...

The rotations of the courthouse is fine. There is a difference between the rwgmodlet and the nitro but both still spawn the same rotation even tho having different rotations.
Nitro reads them differently to the rwg>

the galleria tho needs rotating correctly in nitro as was missed. but rotated correctly in modlet.As with the strange cornfield. No seperate copies are required once galleria and strange cornfield are rotated properly you should be able to use either prefab folder in either nitro or modlet.

Will note down errors and have a fix for galleria and strange cornfield in cp47.

NItro (first pic)
unknown.png?width=600&height=183

RWGModlet (2nd Pic)
unknown.png?width=600&height=203

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Putting CP46 through its paces on Alpha 19.2 (b3) of all things for players on low-mid end gaming rigs who want to experience enhanced gameplay with custom features.

stresstest.thumb.jpg.285ca635d4e71feb15e9b03690a2e55c.jpg

World settings: 8K with CP46 supporting vanilla built in Nitro.

PC setup (Quite dated)

i7 4770 / 24gb ddr3 / SSD for primary apps but running 7D2D on HDD / rx 5600 xt (6gb)

At first there was a spike of 10-11gb while loading out. This continued for a while as regions unlocked and things settled down. After checking again 30 minutes later things looked very decent at a low 3gb. This was with Snufkin Custom Zombies and a whole host of mods on the server side as well as the necessary client addition of Bdub's Vehicles being drawn on in the client.

What can I say? There really is hope now for lower end rigs with 8gb RAM (but adequate virtual paging to accommodate any spikes) to join CP modded servers and participate in the fun.

Optimising the CP was probably hell at times, but thank you as the difference will make all the difference.

56 minutes ago, arramus said:

Putting CP46 through its paces on Alpha 19.2 (b3) of all things for players on low-mid end gaming rigs who want to experience enhanced gameplay with custom features.

stresstest.thumb.jpg.285ca635d4e71feb15e9b03690a2e55c.jpg

World settings: 8K with CP46 supporting vanilla built in Nitro.

PC setup (Quite dated)

i7 4770 / 24gb ddr3 / SSD for primary apps but running 7D2D on HDD / rx 5600 xt (6gb)

At first there was a spike of 10-11gb while loading out. This continued for a while as regions unlocked and things settled down. After checking again 30 minutes later things looked very decent at a low 3gb. This was with Snufkin Custom Zombies and a whole host of mods on the server side as well as the necessary client addition of Bdub's Vehicles being drawn on in the client.

What can I say? There really is hope now for lower end rigs with 8gb RAM (but adequate virtual paging to accommodate any spikes) to join CP modded servers and participate in the fun.

Optimising the CP was probably hell at times, but thank you as the difference will make all the difference.

There is still more to come lol as well. Cp47 for myself has begun wolf is having a bit of a break and enjoying as he deserves. 

Hi all,

Firstly - thank you guys so much for the work. Compopack with Nitrogen and Darkness Falls is keeping this game alive for me and my crew :)

Now - followed the instructions exactly for cp46 yet whenever I generate a map all the POIS are in 11 straight lines in the bottom left of the map...  Done th eusual delete everything and restart etc..

Any ideas?

Cheers

Adr :)

3 minutes ago, Adr said:

Hi all,

Firstly - thank you guys so much for the work. Compopack with Nitrogen and Darkness Falls is keeping this game alive for me and my crew :)

Now - followed the instructions exactly for cp46 yet whenever I generate a map all the POIS are in 11 straight lines in the bottom left of the map...  Done th eusual delete everything and restart etc..

Any ideas?

Cheers

Adr :)

imageproxy.php?img=&key=39d1d7f5e2929937

Turn off the ocd map lol last row of options in nitrogen map make it none

30 minutes ago, Adr said:

Next dumbass question as I used to have this working......

How do I get the Darkness Falls POIS into the map - specifically the two ones needed for the endgame?

we do not handle darkness falls as they mod prefabs from the CP, and we dont have the same files

Just curious as to which POI were considered to be gamebreakingly overpowered.

there are a few that had insane amounts of loot, which I found hilarious.

The library tower had a LOT of books, but it's a library, it should have a lot of books.

(also had a lot of zombies, so had to work to get them)

btw, I cleared 3 of those towers, never did get the workstation schematic I was looking for. (or a couple others)

RNG is still RNG, so I hope that got left alone.

I checked the changlog, and it doesn't say which ones got loot reductions.

(I'd like to check them in 45 before going to 46+)

Just for giggles.   :D

10 hours ago, Adr said:

Compopack with Nitrogen and Darkness Falls is keeping this game alive for me and my crew :)

imageproxy.php?img=&key=39d1d7f5e2929937

DF isn't compatible with nitrogen btw. You can ask Khaine if you don't believe me.

Eventually DF will also update the POIs, since better performance is of high value (in general). So thank you all for the work put into this :)

Edited by Mythixdino (see edit history)

All prefabs are having their loot checked. only prefabs starting with A and B have been done, the rest are ongoing for cp 47. The cp will not be easy loot. the cp is for variety and challenge. so we have the variety, and we will be introducing greater challenges for fun. expect traps set by the bandits that TFP has yet to introduce. traps set by people who have died for whatever reason and now there are zombies around them.

I will be going through as well on the major quest pathing. this will entail better graphical directions as to how to get in and around with the use of lights or signs and their like. Zombies will start to be hand placed more logically to fit the narrative, as it stands what we have are mostly fill ins from before sleeper volumes were introduced, which is why many in 43 and 44 didnt have much.

CP 47 wont be out anytime soon, so I hope you all enjoy what has been done so far. we still have a lot of clean up to do and other work to be done. and we want a large chunk finished before we release again.

Feel free to leave quest not working reports, but when you do, a screen shot of the quest with its location in text would be highly appreciated. as an example

image.png.bb194953c62063a76735ec3470b2f85f.png

5 hours ago, canadianbluebeer said:

Just curious as to which POI were considered to be gamebreakingly overpowered.

there are a few that had insane amounts of loot, which I found hilarious.

The library tower had a LOT of books, but it's a library, it should have a lot of books.

(also had a lot of zombies, so had to work to get them)

btw, I cleared 3 of those towers, never did get the workstation schematic I was looking for. (or a couple others)

RNG is still RNG, so I hope that got left alone.

I checked the changlog, and it doesn't say which ones got loot reductions.

(I'd like to check them in 45 before going to 46+)

Just for giggles.   :D

There were a few of my pois lol. 

The trader pois that are in there. 

But there has to be a balance not over looted not no loot. To many boss chests for low level pois etc. Large prefabs will still have more loot then smaller pois. But to walk into a house and get 3 boss chests for a tier 1 is to much loot. Or walk into a tier 1 and get a locked boss chest locked doors etc isn't how tier 1s should work. 

I am with you and rng is rng sometimes you get 100 crates and get 1 item. The next play thru you can get 100 items. Also the loot settings people play on to also have an effect and we need to have a balance with all this in mind. 

5 minutes ago, Elastofu said:

Tried to run this pack with the latest stable DF release and got naught but null reference errors in the console.  I take it this is normal or do they already use it in their own pack?

DF use their own copy/version of the Compo Pack. and is completely seperate from the CP.

Hi Stallionsden and Wolfbain5

Passing by to thank you from the bottom of my heart, for the great work you have done with this new version of the CompoPack, the performance is much better, the prefabs are better leveled in terms of objects, (about zombies I can't say the same, haha , sure is a Stallionsden thing) etc.
I hope everything goes much better in the next CompoPacks and with respect to Magoli that everything is fine.
Regards

1 hour ago, Gouki said:

Hi Stallionsden and Wolfbain5

Passing by to thank you from the bottom of my heart, for the great work you have done with this new version of the CompoPack, the performance is much better, the prefabs are better leveled in terms of objects, (about zombies I can't say the same, haha , sure is a Stallionsden thing) etc.
I hope everything goes much better in the next CompoPacks and with respect to Magoli that everything is fine.
Regards

Lol haha did you like it. I guess you visited one of my prefabs lol

Love the CP46 update :)

Created a new random Nitrogen map with CP46 and did find some weirdnesses - towns/cities all mashed together in the center with just raw biome surrounding it for endless miles.  Also all of the traders all spawned together next to each other at the edge of the city (south side I think).  Also the raceway POI seemed to have been excessively favored and spawned every 3-4 buildings.  Quit and am now playing the CP46000 map... like it so far !

1 hour ago, Lumpus said:

Love the CP46 update :)

Created a new random Nitrogen map with CP46 and did find some weirdnesses - towns/cities all mashed together in the center with just raw biome surrounding it for endless miles.  Also all of the traders all spawned together next to each other at the edge of the city (south side I think).  Also the raceway POI seemed to have been excessively favored and spawned every 3-4 buildings.  Quit and am now playing the CP46000 map... like it so far !

you didnt turn off scenario, you are in the ocd testing scenario on the right hand side of nitrogen

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)