Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

Hey guys,

Long time no see.  

Quick question.  I know a lot's changed since I was active in 7 Days.  I was looking at the Modlet install method and it states, and maybe i'm reading this wrong, that the modlet has to be installed client side as well.

If memory serves, back in the day we just installed the prefabs to the /prefabs folder on the server and updated the rwgmixer on the server to include the new prefabs as well.  The files were downloaded to the client, and all was done.

Is this not the case anymore?  If i want something like that were clients don't have to do a mod install do I need to do Nigrogen's installation method?  Sorry, really out of touch with all this these days. lol.

Long story short:  Looking to set up a server and avoid having clients do any installs manually.

Resident Evil Mansion by Libby has 2 sleepers that do not trigger, no matter what you do. Impossible to do a clear quest without god mode. At least if you don´t have  a few hours to hit every single block in the whole POI to check if there is a hidden room behind.

Either their volumes need to be fixed or the POI needs the orange point thingy that shows you the last zombies.

Also there were 2 spiders not spawning in unless you got really close, i could see the whole room when i first checked it, and it seemed empty, only found them because i checked every room again due to the 2 sleepers i couldn´t find  and took one more step on the ladder than first time i entered the room.

Don´t wanna spoil anything, i can dm someone if you need to know where they are.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

25 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Resident Evil Mansion by Libby has 2 sleepers that do not trigger, no matter what you do. Impossible to do a clear quest without god mode. At least if you don´t have  a few hours to hit every single block in the whole POI to check if there is a hidden room behind.

Either their volumes need to be fixed or the POI needs the orange point thingy that shows you the last zombies.

Also there were 2 spiders not spawning in unless you got really close, i could see the whole room when i first checked it, and it seemed empty, only found them because i checked every room again due to the 2 sleepers i couldn´t find  and took one more step on the ladder than first time i entered the room.

Don´t wanna spoil anything, i can dm someone if you need to know where they are.

Hi @pApA^LeGBa

Thank you.  Will take a look at it. The showquestclearcount will be in next  version. 

A question:

Once a prefab(s) are submitted for this pack/collection, is "maintenance" of the POI also "handed off" or are the POI creators still responsible for keeping the POI maintained (like if a20 makes block changes, or anything that may make a POI render with errors/etc)?

I ask because I have a few published in a mod (they need some tuning) and I have some "unpublished" ones I'm still working on.

14 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

A question:

Once a prefab(s) are submitted for this pack/collection, is "maintenance" of the POI also "handed off" or are the POI creators still responsible for keeping the POI maintained (like if a20 makes block changes, or anything that may make a POI render with errors/etc)?

I ask because I have a few published in a mod (they need some tuning) and I have some "unpublished" ones I'm still working on.

Hi @doughphunghus

Upto the creators of the pois there.  We have some that submit and say do what ever you want with it. Update it etc. Others maintain their own pois as well and re submit each new alpha.  

We do have a discord linked on the front page as well if you want to join and participate easier with other prefabbers as well.

Regards 

Stallionsden

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

The "CDC_Mission" by TheFootpad is a Tier1 quest. Should be at least Tier3 imo. It has ~30 zombies including a zombie bear. 

Loot is also too much even for a Tier3.

Other than that it´s a great POI. Well done.

Thank you @pApA^LeGBa

This has been corrected in the next version to the correct tier.   

Regards 

Stallionsden

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

And i am here again. "Nicehouse" by BigC90210 has no zombies in it. If you start a clear quest it immediately shows you area cleared in the top right, but it doesn´t finish the quest. Return to trader doesn´t pop up.

Propably a know issue also? Is there a list of known issues that are already fixed with the next version?

9 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

And i am here again. "Nicehouse" by BigC90210 has no zombies in it. If you start a clear quest it immediately shows you area cleared in the top right, but it doesn´t finish the quest. Return to trader doesn´t pop up.

Propably a know issue also? Is there a list of known issues that are already fixed with the next version?

it most definately has zombies in it.

2021-07-26_20h01_04.jpg

only other one atm is the trader 02 and trader 02 destroyed by zyncosa collapses. this is fixed in next version. 

5 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Weird, i started the quest and it said area cleared. No zombie there. I went trough the whole house and surroundings. 

Nitrogen map plus compopack, no other mods or xml tweaks. Maybe it´s due to nitrogen beeing not up to date.

could be a just a bugged spawn. had no one else tho have issues with this poi. I will keep a eye out for it tho.

Maybe the zs saw you coming and topped themselves lol. (joking) 

Yeah, they propably fear me and my T1 weapons too much. 😛

Propably a stupid question, but i wanna make sure: If we set up a dedicated server (g-portal) do the players who join just need the modlet installed if we use a KingGen or Nitrogen map or do they need to install CP47 for the kind of map used?

Also first post says for MP all players need it installed. But if i host the game and my buddies join me, they can play without the modlet installed, no matter if nitrogen or kinggen. Didn´t play vanilla rwg so far tough.

9 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Yeah, they propably fear me and my T1 weapons too much. 😛

Propably a stupid question, but i wanna make sure: If we set up a dedicated server (g-portal) do the players who join just need the modlet installed if we use a KingGen or Nitrogen map or do they need to install CP47 for the kind of map used?

Also first post says for MP all players need it installed. But if i host the game and my buddies join me, they can play without the modlet installed, no matter if nitrogen or kinggen. Didn´t play vanilla rwg so far tough.

If using kinnggen use the kinggen dl stuff.

If using nitrogen use the nitrogen stuff

If using vanilla use the modlet.

If you run a kinggen or nitrogen and the players use the modlet they will get errors.

Simply send your players the prefab folder fro the dl you are using.

Yes this is both server side and client side required for all players. 

Well we use a Nitrogen map now, everyone has the modlet only installed, same on the server and it works fine. No errors. This is on a dedicated rented server.

When i hosted the game on my PC, using a Nitrogen CP47 map, they didn´t even have  the modlet installed nor did they have the prefablist. Worked fine.

Might gonna test if just downloading the map from the server when playing on a dedicated also works when i have no modlet or prefablist installed.

On 7/26/2021 at 5:39 AM, stallionsden said:

This has been corrected in the next version

Regarding the next version - are you planning to make a new version before A20 drops?

I ask because a) I hope so :) and b) with the new "dynamic prefabs" I'm guessing there will be some non-trivial work to update them for A20.

20 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

Regarding the next version - are you planning to make a new version before A20 drops?

I ask because a) I hope so :) and b) with the new "dynamic prefabs" I'm guessing there will be some non-trivial work to update them for A20.

Hi @khzmusik

No next version will be a20 stable.

Tfp will hopefully do  a block converter again for any block changes so that is fairly quick and easy to do. 

14 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Hi @khzmusik

No next version will be a20 stable.

Tfp will hopefully do  a block converter again for any block changes so that is fairly quick and easy to do. 

I'm hoping it's as easy as a block converter. Dynamically adding prefabs to a POI will almost certainly change the structure of the XML at a minimum. My guess is that "old" POIs simply won't have the dynamic prefabs, but who knows.

Anyway, thanks for the answer. I guess I'll just have to live with the current dozens of new POIs until A20 drops. :)

Edited by khzmusik
Me fail English? That's unpossible (see edit history)

Sorry should also add.

6 settlements Inc  -

The Asian village

Medievil village

Farming community

Area 51

2 destroyed villages.

Each settlement its own colour you can see on the map generated.

Each settlement spawns in a certain biome only 

Plus many pois sets to unique so they only spawn once.

Due to map generating breaking capabilities I was unable to set alot to unique. 

10 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Thank you very much Stallions.

Enjoy. Worked alot of the weekend with King  and was fun. Definitely worth making a new map with the great additions to kinggen allowing these features

5 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Sorry should also add.

6 settlements Inc  -

The Asian village

Medievil village

Farming community

Area 51

2 destroyed villages.

Plus many pois sets to unique so they only spawn once.

Due to map generating breaking capabilities I was unable to set alot to unique. 

No problem, just add to "unique" the prefabs that are the largest, so that there is no performance problem, my pc would appreciate it.
Regards

15 minutes ago, Gouki said:

No problem, just add to "unique" the prefabs that are the largest, so that there is no performance problem, my pc would appreciate it.
Regards

I did do some, i did also some that are large volume and others that the loot needed work on. (fixed tho in cp48.)

will play more with it tho and see how far i can push the unique without breaking map generating but i was instructed to not add to many. Currently there are 45 pois that are uniques, 

• stallionsden changed the title to Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack