Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

Hi Stallions

I am having problems with the POI's of the compopack, I just visited the AFP Building and there is no zombie spawn (this happens only in the compopack pois, the vanilla pois generate the sleeper well), I don't know why this is happening, Before it worked very well for me, or maybe they changed the way zombies spawn, I'm using the A19.5 b60 and I have a map generated with KingGen.
Regards

8 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi Stallions

I am having problems with the POI's of the compopack, I just visited the AFP Building and there is no zombie spawn (this happens only in the compopack pois, the vanilla pois generate the sleeper well), I don't know why this is happening, Before it worked very well for me, or maybe they changed the way zombies spawn, I'm using the A19.5 b60 and I have a map generated with KingGen.
Regards

Hey ya @Gouki

when did you dl the cp for last

make sure you have the latest version of the cp for kinggen

update kinggen to v9.1 also

DO you have the prefabs in the prefab folder also.

any red lines in console

5 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Hey ya @Gouki

when did you dl the cp for last

make sure you have the latest version of the cp for kinggen

update kinggen to v9.1 also

DO you have the prefabs in the prefab folder also.

any red lines in console

I have the latest version of the KingGen compopack that you shared.
I also have KingGen in v9.0, the prefabs are in their correct folder and the game does not show me any red alerts.
I do not understand what the problem may be.

14 minutes ago, Gouki said:

I have the latest version of the KingGen compopack that you shared.
I also have KingGen in v9.0, the prefabs are in their correct folder and the game does not show me any red alerts.
I do not understand what the problem may be.

Try deleting the cp prefabs in your game prefab folder. Re download again and re add the prefabs to the game prefab folder.

Re generate a new map also.

Did you change the list provided or added to it.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Try deleting the cp prefabs in your game prefab folder. Re download again and re add the prefabs to the game prefab folder.

I just downloaded the compopack for KingGen again and I realized that something has changed (I don't know what it is), because in the previous version the folder shows 04/21/21 and the folder of the new download 06/01/21, I'm going to check to see if it works and then I'll tell you.
Thank you very much for the help.
Regards

30 minutes ago, Gouki said:

I just downloaded the compopack for KingGen again and I realized that something has changed (I don't know what it is), because in the previous version the folder shows 04/21/21 and the folder of the new download 06/01/21, I'm going to check to see if it works and then I'll tell you.
Thank you very much for the help.
Regards

Anytime mate.

Let me know

On 6/7/2021 at 5:28 PM, stallionsden said:

Anytime mate.

Let me know

Hi Stallions

Everything works great again, thanks for the help (something changed in the new version that I download).
I had to do the whole process, add some new pois, generate a map and all good.
Regards

14 minutes ago, Samdaman1995 said:

Ok, what about the world options from the base game?

A pre made map by a map creator will have a save name you scroll thru the names in mew game til that map name appears. Then select your options and play

56 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi Stallions

Everything works great again, thanks for the help (something changed in the new version that I download).
I had to do the whole process, add some new pois, generate a map and all good.
Regards

Argh awesome to hear 🙂

2 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

A pre made map by a map creator will have a save name you scroll thru the names in mew game til that map name appears. Then select your options and play

Argh awesome to hear 🙂

I'm talking about the maps that came with the game, not custom made ones.

Will the new POIs appear in the maps that came with the game?

25 minutes ago, Samdaman1995 said:

I'm talking about the maps that came with the game, not custom made ones.

Will the new POIs appear in the maps that came with the game?

Ok you were talking previously bout handmade maps. 

Ok then yeh name your world. Name your seed select size select options start game as long as the modlet is in your Mods folder where the .exe is then the pois will spawn .

1 minute ago, stallionsden said:

Ok you were talking previously bout handmade maps. 

Ok then yeh name your world. Name your seed select size select options start game as long as the modlet is in your Mods folder where the .exe is then the pois will spawn .

I was, I'm not talking about custom maps anymore though, I'm talking about the maps that are built into the base game

So, I have a world with precisely one trader in the pine forest biome.  The initial White River Citizen tutorial quest ('quest_WhiteRiverCitizen1') can only take you to a trader in that biome.  I've had worlds with no valid trader, so the quest has no location.  In this particular world, despite a trader ('xcostum_Multi_Trader(by_Sparrow)') existing in the correct biome, my quest had no location.  So I checked the prefab XML.

It turns out that several of the Compo Pack's traders ('TraderArea' set to 'True') do not have a 'QuestTags' property (with the 'trader' tag).  I have not tested it, but I suspect this tag controls whether it can be selected as a quest destination.  This probably also applies to the "special" quests (e.g. 'tier2_nexttrader') offered when you complete a quest tier.

All trader POIs probably need that tag.

2 hours ago, Anxiety123 said:

So, I have a world with precisely one trader in the pine forest biome.  The initial White River Citizen tutorial quest ('quest_WhiteRiverCitizen1') can only take you to a trader in that biome.  I've had worlds with no valid trader, so the quest has no location.  In this particular world, despite a trader ('xcostum_Multi_Trader(by_Sparrow)') existing in the correct biome, my quest had no location.  So I checked the prefab XML.

It turns out that several of the Compo Pack's traders ('TraderArea' set to 'True') do not have a 'QuestTags' property (with the 'trader' tag).  I have not tested it, but I suspect this tag controls whether it can be selected as a quest destination.  This probably also applies to the "special" quests (e.g. 'tier2_nexttrader') offered when you complete a quest tier.

All trader POIs probably need that tag.

Hi @Anxiety123

The multi traders have that left out on purpose. As they should be rare finds and you happen upon them. Since the 1 you mention has 1 of each trader.This is done on purpose

1 hour ago, Kalen said:

Is it intended for so many of the POIs to have ShowQuestClearCount = 0?

It makes clear quests, particularly on some of the larger POIs, a real pain to complete.

No they should have atleast one. I will address this for the next release. Thank you for bringing this up 🙂

Been using CP47 with Nitrogen and can get all the  skyscrapers in one city by making new maps till I get what I like.  Makes it feel like a real city with all the tall buildings.  Have switched to KingGen with CP47 and can't seem to get more than half of the tall buildings to spawn.  Have made many maps to try to get them to show up.  Is it just a luck of the draw thing or am I doing something wrong.  Have settings set in KingGen for large cities and large city grid.

1 hour ago, BT13 said:

Been using CP47 with Nitrogen and can get all the  skyscrapers in one city by making new maps till I get what I like.  Makes it feel like a real city with all the tall buildings.  Have switched to KingGen with CP47 and can't seem to get more than half of the tall buildings to spawn.  Have made many maps to try to get them to show up.  Is it just a luck of the draw thing or am I doing something wrong.  Have settings set in KingGen for large cities and large city grid.

The whole map or.

Have you set your biomes to large to.

Don't think you are doing anything wrong. It could be kinggen is spreading them out or luck of the draw. 

Nitrogen allowed us to place better pois in the zones Nitrogen had as we were able to input the pois manually into the correct zones. Kinggen handles that within its self. 

On 6/14/2021 at 6:29 PM, Kalen said:

Is it intended for so many of the POIs to have ShowQuestClearCount = 0?

It makes clear quests, particularly on some of the larger POIs, a real pain to complete.

For my education, what is the effect of both settings?