Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

40 minutes ago, Samdaman1995 said:

I mean the different things, the nitrogen, the modlet, etc. they will all get the same result?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

They all create maps with the compo pack pois.

nitrogen you have more options to be able to create a map with the compopack as it generates maps outside of 7 days to die 

The modet uses the vanilla generation engine.

Kinggen has options also but uses the pois xmls to help with poi placement.

I think you would be suited for kinggen it is easier to understand and use to generate maps. 

As sylen mentioned nitrogen hasn't been updated since a19exp. Kinggen is new but is working great. But as it is in early development still there maybe a few things off here and there but kingslayer is great in working out the map gen issues as he updates it and improvements occur constantly. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Samdaman1995 said:

Seems the modlet is only for 19.3 is there a version for 19.4?

Modlet should work on 19.4  & 19.5 

Did you extract modlet then open tht folder should have another folder inside that is the folder that needs to go into the Mods folder located where your game.exe is 

20 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Modlet should work on 19.4  & 19.5 

Did you extract modlet then open tht folder should have another folder inside that is the folder that needs to go into the Mods folder located where your game.exe is 

I did that, I assumed that since it has 19.3 in its title that it'd only work for 19.3

I'm trying the Compo Pack for the first time, the modlet version. Reading through the topic I see a mention of multiple copies of POIs spawning, and then an update saying the prefablist section was now commented out to prevent this. I don't find any sections commented out in the mod's rwgmixer.xml, only comments, including one that says to uncomment the prefablist if you want more POIs. I downloaded from github today so that should be the updated version, correct? I'd prefer not a lot of the same POIs so how do I make sure my world won't have this?

43 minutes ago, seven said:

I'm trying the Compo Pack for the first time, the modlet version. Reading through the topic I see a mention of multiple copies of POIs spawning, and then an update saying the prefablist section was now commented out to prevent this. I don't find any sections commented out in the mod's rwgmixer.xml, only comments, including one that says to uncomment the prefablist if you want more POIs. I downloaded from github today so that should be the updated version, correct? I'd prefer not a lot of the same POIs so how do I make sure my world won't have this?

If you put a <!-- where the ***HERE*** is in the first section of the modlet rwgmixer under  <!-- PREFABLIST GENERAL -->  -

***HERE*** <append xpath="/rwgmixer/prefab_rules/prefab_rule[@name='prefabList']">    

Then add --> where the ***LASTHERE*** is 

</append>***LASTHERE***

the section that has probs atttached to each line pretty much and those will be commented out. 

having these in the modlet and using the 4k or 8k section spawned multiple copies of each. 

Tho it depends on what gamne you are going to play ofc. if you wanted the pois spread out then use the 4k or 8k depending on your map size you select in the game menu. how ever if you want many to spawn then you use the prefablist section and comment out the rest. User choice as to which they want also. 

I mean you still may get doubles as the game goes thru and selects a poi as it fills the map. Nothing much vanilla gen can be done  for this. 

I will upload a version with the commented out line shortly

Not directly related to this but.. Is there a way to help tracking sleeper zombies?

Many prefabs in the Compo Pack doesn't seems to be having "clear area" quests friendly in mind, with a lot of sleeper zombies, around many tiny corners, no way to awake them unless you're right next to them.. I just spend 30 minutes trying to finish a clear area quest, after I killed everything I could find. Then I found one last zombie sleeps on the balcony of a small corner. I can't even imagine how bad it could be for a tier 5 huge location.

1 hour ago, Nirtguy said:

Not directly related to this but.. Is there a way to help tracking sleeper zombies?

Many prefabs in the Compo Pack doesn't seems to be having "clear area" quests friendly in mind, with a lot of sleeper zombies, around many tiny corners, no way to awake them unless you're right next to them.. I just spend 30 minutes trying to finish a clear area quest, after I killed everything I could find. Then I found one last zombie sleeps on the balcony of a small corner. I can't even imagine how bad it could be for a tier 5 huge location.

Icon should show where your last volume/zs are in yellow dot on the compass.  And red dots for those before.

By the sounds of it you were in amytiville horror house lol. I had that went around the whole poi lol the last sleeper was on the balcony hidden by the trees lol. 

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Icon should show where your last volume/zs are in yellow dot on the compass.  And red dots for those before.

By the sounds of it you were in amytiville horror house lol. I had that went around the whole poi lol the last sleeper was on the balcony hidden by the trees lol. 

Yeah yellow and red dots works pretty good, for vanilla places that is. They wont track sleepers unless they're awake. In vanilla prefabs, the trigger event of awaking is much more refined, very rarely they wake up when you must literally step on them, but happens a lot in prefabs from Compo Pack.

This time I had a vulture just waiting on a perch on the outside wall of a house, wont move at all, out of sheer luck I somehow fell from the roof and happened to be very close to its position, then it finally decided to attack me.

Yeah yellow and red dots works pretty good, for vanilla places that is. They wont track sleepers unless they're awake. In vanilla prefabs, the trigger event of awaking is much more refined, very rarely they wake up when you must literally step on them, but happens a lot in prefabs from Compo Pack.

This time I had a vulture just waiting on a perch on the outside wall of a house, wont move at all, out of sheer luck I somehow fell from the roof and happened to be very close to its position, then it finally decided to attack me.

What was the pois name. Dm in console then enter. Escape f3 and fly upto or around poi in its area and a name shall appear . Also please provide names of pois as well please.

Btw I can do that in vanilla also walk upto them. What is your level and sneak etc.  Clothing as well please

31 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

What was the pois name. Dm in console then enter. Escape f3 and fly upto or around poi in its area and a name shall appear . Also please provide names of pois as well please.

Btw I can do that in vanilla also walk upto them. What is your level and sneak etc.  Clothing as well please

Nah you certainly know how sleeper volume works better than me, nothing to do with sneak or anything, I'm not that dumb try to wake something while sneaking. It's called xcostum_House_05(by_Zyncosa), there is a vulture spawn on a outer wall perch, but you won't even see it until you landed on the roof of the left side building, even if it spawns, you can fire your gun 100 times and not waking it, unless the bullets hit somewhere very close to him.

Nah you certainly know how sleeper volume works better than me, nothing to do with sneak or anything, I'm not that dumb try to wake something while sneaking. It's called xcostum_House_05(by_Zyncosa), there is a vulture spawn on a outer wall perch, but you won't even see it until you landed on the roof of the left side building, even if it spawns, you can fire your gun 100 times and not waking it, unless the bullets hit somewhere very close to him.

Thank you for the name I will take a look at it. 

32 minutes ago, fnfear said:

Hey thank you guys for these awesome prefabs! :)

I have a question tho. I keep finding these storage boxes in the POI's that are jammed, but they are all empty when I open them, is that normal or?

Hi @fnfear

Thank you glad you are liking it.

They were used some for decoration and others to minimise loot.  The jammed bit tho isn't spose to be so of you could give names of the pois you come across that have been missed be muchly appreciated

19 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Hi @fnfear

Thank you glad you are liking it.

They were used some for decoration and others to minimise loot.  The jammed bit tho isn't spose to be so of you could give names of the pois you come across that have been missed be muchly appreciated

One was called CDC Sorry, not sure how to find the name of the POI, just the sign outside of the POI :s 

6 minutes ago, fnfear said:

One was called CDC Sorry, not sure how to find the name of the POI, just the sign outside of the POI :s 

Hi @fnfear

In console type dm then enter and escape. 

Then press f3.

Then fly upto the building or in the area of the poi and the name will show up.

And thank you will take a look at that 1 and fix it. 

I'll let you know when I find more.

Not sure if it's the same for drawers, I found drawers that are jammed aswell and doesn't seem to have any loot in them.

POI: xcostum_TheVillage(by_Stallionsden).86