Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
stallionsden

stallionsden

34 minutes ago, vergilsparda said:

@Mosgoth hitting F1 and typing in "pois" should also fix the problem. What's happening is the distant POI model fails to unload, but the actual POI does load, causing both to render and "phantom blocks" as I've seen a lot of people here call them to appear.  There hasn't been a fix yet. However, by doing this, distant POIs will no longer render, so you'll have to physically get closer to see things like towns and everything. 

I think Compopack uses more memory and such because of the POIs being pretty big and some being really complex, and there's a lot more of them, so that's why when loading a world with Vanilla POIs it doesn't happen as often (but it still can). I think it has something to do with the game running out of virtual memory or just memory in general?

Exiting and re entering is a better solution to using the pois console method. In a game I get it once or twice then after exiting both times I can play for a long time before it can occur again. Hopefully tfp find a solution for this as it happens on vanilla pois as well in a vanilla game. 

stallionsden

stallionsden

32 minutes ago, vergilsparda said:

@Mosgoth hitting F1 and typing in "pois" should also fix the problem. What's happening is the distant POI model fails to unload, but the actual POI does load, causing both to render and "phantom blocks" as I've seen a lot of people here call them to appear.  There hasn't been a fix yet. However, by doing this, distant POIs will no longer render, so you'll have to physically get closer to see things like towns and everything. 

I think Compopack uses more memory and such because of the POIs being pretty big and some being really complex, and there's a lot more of them, so that's why when loading a world with Vanilla POIs it doesn't happen as often (but it still can). I think it has something to do with the game running out of virtual memory or just memory in general?

Exiting and re entering is a better solution to using the pois console method. In a game I get it once or twice then after exiting both times I can play for a long time before it can occur again. Hopefully tfp find a solution for this as it happens on vanilla pois as well 8n a vanilla game.