Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

MAGOLIS COMPO PACK 

So welcome to the Compopack.

WHAT IS THE COMPOPACK:

The Compopack is an ever growing and expanding collection of custom-made prefabs for the zombie sandbox game 7 Days to Die. The poi pack/poi archive and mod was first compiled by Magoli in the early Alphas of the game and has continued to grow over the years. Prefabs are balanced, optimised and many hours spent ensuring all volumes are correct to the pack and to work together in a vanilla setting. The Compopack is also a museum and archive to keep every poi ever made alive and not forgotten. 

A21:

CP49 is in the works. 
Main page here will be updated with a fresh new look as well 
Infinity V2 is in the works as well. 

Compo Pack has its own Discord server FoundHERE

- Feel free to join. On the Compopack Discord channel you can

- Submit new prefabs to be added to the Compopack,

- Report any errors or problems you may find

- Discuss any thoughts and ideas

- As well as general talk

***IMPORTANT INFO***

This will require a new world to be generated, not just a new save game because several prefabs have changed size which can cause severe errors in existing world when they are reset by questing.

Prefabs are REQUIRED on client side as well as server side, any issues that occur when you have not followed this information will be at your own risk.

CP 48 Proudly brought to you by:
MAGOLI - A legend whom kept everyone entertained with his updating of the Compo Pack for all of us to enjoy

STALLIONSDEN.

TESTERS:

WOLFBAIN5. GOBARG. MANA. BATTLEPAPI. OCTOBERFIRE. ZZTONG. NAZ. ZEEBARK

Plus all the many Great and amazing prefabbers out there whom have contributed to the CP over the years and all those whom will be adding more in the future..

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, ogmogul said:

I've been trying to follow the multiple threads so forgive me if I've overlooked the answer, but... how about that download link?

No dl link for cp46 as yet. Its coming.

Will say there wont be any new pois in this version but your pretty much getting new pois as cp46 will be a whole new experience for you to enjoy. 

3 hours ago, stallionsden said:

No dl link for cp46 as yet. Its coming.

Will say there wont be any new pois in this version but your pretty much getting new pois as cp46 will be a whole new experience for you to enjoy. 

Are links available for previous versions of the pack, say from an archival perspective? I realize you're working on a new release but I'd like a recent pack to do some testing with.

5 minutes ago, ogmogul said:

Are links available for previous versions of the pack, say from an archival perspective? I realize you're working on a new release but I'd like a recent pack to do some testing with.

In the original thread the cp45 link is still there. For dl. 

This one will be for cp 46 upwards or until magoli returns. 

3 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

In the original thread the cp45 link is still there. For dl. 

This one will be for cp 46 upwards or until magoli returns. 

Understood, and thank you! I didn't think to expand the revision history, sorry for being lazy.

That is a truly superb decrease in processing demand. 3 months ago on a 12K map I was crashing on load out with 12gb+ RAM demand and I had to increase paging followed by get a couple more sticks of RAM. The extra RAM peaked at 14.5gb on load out until it settled down. This will open things up to a lot more low-medium end players. A fine accomplishment.

I wonder if the Bunker by Pille could be released with a clear or fetch/clear attribute? Just asking because it is a real challenge with a group, offers a nice supply of potentially replaceable coal, and simply adds more variety. In a 10K map I'm on now it appears about 8 times that I know of but there are still huge chunks of unexplored land and it appears to be a regular feature when a Nitro World compiles.

If you are already going over most POI's please take a look also at the sleeper volume flags. It seems to me using the latest compopack45 that few POI's have heavily overused the attack-upon-entering flags in their volumes. 

Such an event should be more of an exception than a rule. 

And it is a special kind of problem if the  POI designer has added also lions/direwolves and zombie bears into the population that can spawn in their POI for some bizarre reason. I mean OK - it could be an extra challenge, but really? - getting attacked by a zombie-bear-sleeper or even a dire wolf upon entering for a tier 1 clear quest might be a bit overdoing it?

If possible maybe just change the auto-attack volumes into normal sleeper volume which wakes the zombies up (if a flag exists for it maybe just turn them into a random walker mode)  in POI's where it seems to have been overused or if random walker is not possible flag just turn on their senses, instead of just beelining the whole small tier 1 quest POI down your throat, with lions, radioactive mother pigs, wolves and snakes and the rest of the carneval. 

Because as it currently stands some of the buildings in compopack45 seem to be just done for the purpose of trolling players using the pack. Stuff like that, for example, (good luck stepping into THAT volume without taking note of the residents):

7d2d_sead.jpg

16 minutes ago, arramus said:

I wonder if the Bunker by Pille could be released with a clear or fetch/clear attribute? Just asking because it is a real challenge with a group, offers a nice supply of potentially replaceable coal, and simply adds more variety. In a 10K map I'm on now it appears about 8 times that I know of but there are still huge chunks of unexplored land and it appears to be a regular feature when a Nitro World compiles.

If pille set his to be questable it is questable. If not then no wont be questable.  A poi even at tier 5 requires a certain time frame to complete it in and if you fail you get errors

2 minutes ago, Tehnomaag said:

If you are already going over most POI's please take a look also at the sleeper volume flags. It seems to me using the latest compopack45 that few POI's have heavily overused the attack-upon-entering flags in their volumes. 

Such an event should be more of an exception than a rule. 

And it is a special kind of problem if the  POI designer has added also lions/direwolves and zombie bears into the population that can spawn in their POI for some bizarre reason. I mean OK - it could be an extra challenge, but really? - getting attacked by a zombie-bear-sleeper or even a dire wolf upon entering for a tier 1 clear quest might be a bit overdoing it?

If possible maybe just change the auto-attack volumes into normal sleeper volume which wakes the zombies up (if a flag exists for it maybe just turn them into a random walker mode)  in POI's where it seems to have been overused or if random walker is not possible flag just turn on their senses, instead of just beelining the whole small tier 1 quest POI down your throat, with lions, radioactive mother pigs, wolves and snakes and the rest of the carneval. 

Because as it currently stands some of the buildings in compopack45 seem to be just done for the purpose of trolling players using the pack. Stuff like that, for example, (good luck stepping into THAT volume without taking note of the residents):

7d2d_sead.jpg

We have gone thru every poi and wolfbain5 has handled the zombie amounts and tags and triggers part and fixed them up. More will be listed as to what has been the focus and work done on cp46 when release is upon us. 

Dont believe much longer just rwgmixer  nitro stuff being done and tidy ups etc. Still also testing for any last minute problems.. bit all looking good so far. 

Sorry to be a pain, but just gearing up for CP46.

How does this part of the prefablist work? Is Nitro pulling from this area for trader placement? I didn't know if // is commenting out or commenting in a command.

At first I used this default list and it certainly spawned in a lot of psuedo traders but I'm not sure if it was just cosmetic or at the expense of other traders.

//TRADER'S :
xcostum_Lost_Joels(pseudo-trader)(by_DMC),COMMERCIAL;INDUSTRIAL;RESIDENTIALNEW;RESIDENTIALOLD;RESIDENTIAL,2,-1,37,23,37,trader
xcostum_Multi_Trader_02(by_War3zuk),Commercial;Downtown;Industrial;ResidentialNew;ResidentialOld;Residential,2,-4,30,12,29,trader
trader_bob,none,2,-1,41,27,46,trader
trader_hugh,none,2,-8,45,28,49,trader
trader_jen,none,2,-1,43,24,41,trader
trader_joel,none,2,-1,35,32,35,trader
trader_rekt,none,2,-1,37,24,37,trader

I changed it to this to see if Sparrow's Multi Trader joined the traders placed and removed the psuedo trader. It did place Sparrow's Multi Trader and I can't find any pseudo ones. Did I just get lucky or is it like a cvar setting?

//TRADER'S :
xcostum_Multi_Trader(by_Sparrow),none,2,-1,44,33,40,trader
xcostum_Multi_Trader_02(by_War3zuk),Commercial;Downtown;Industrial;ResidentialNew;ResidentialOld;Residential,2,-4,30,12,29,trader

If there is a cvar element, is it possible to have Sparrow's in there by default just like War3zuk's? The pseudo trader is cool but I hope it doesn't replace the real traders and take a precious slot? I hope you can share some insight on how it works, thx.

4 minutes ago, arramus said:

Sorry to be a pain, but just gearing up for CP46.

How does this part of the prefablist work? Is Nitro pulling from this area for trader placement? I didn't know if // is commenting out or commenting in a command.

At first I used this default list and it certainly spawned in a lot of psuedo traders but I'm not sure if it was just cosmetic or at the expense of other traders.

//TRADER'S :
xcostum_Lost_Joels(pseudo-trader)(by_DMC),COMMERCIAL;INDUSTRIAL;RESIDENTIALNEW;RESIDENTIALOLD;RESIDENTIAL,2,-1,37,23,37,trader

I changed it to this to see if Sparrow's Multi Trader joined the traders placed and removed the psuedo trader. It did place Sparrow's Multi Trader and I can't find any pseudo ones. Did I just get lucky or is it like a cvar setting?

//TRADER'S :
xcostum_Multi_Trader(by_Sparrow),none,2,-1,44,33,40,trader

If there is a cvar element, is it possible to have Sparrow's in there by default just like War3zuk's? The pseudo trader is cool but I hope it doesn't replace the real traders and take a precious slot? I hope you can share some insight on how it works, thx.

No the compo trader ones wont replace the vanilla ones at all.

i removed joels psuedo trader from trader list. it should not have been there.

the prefab with the graces have always been that way. they are just acting different this alpha, they arent set to attack, or not supposed to be. And yes, 5 prefabs are set to have oh SH! moments with attack volumes. and others have traps meant to kill set bu future bandits. but they are high level prefabs. not t1 or t2. still in the process of cleaning that up. more to come in 47. My part of 46 is done. Hound stallion if you want more. hehehe. but it should be smoother and cp quests shouldnt fail anymore

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

There you go guys

On behalf of Magoli Creator and devoted maintainer of the Compo Pack, Wolfbain5 And myself, as well as all the contributors to the Compo Pack Compo Pack 46 is live.

NItrogen and rwg modlet in O.P

As well as the Compo Pack Discord Channel

Thanks for the head's up!

Is there a way for the Nitro files to include an addition for the ConfigPrefablists.txt file? If you're familiar with Nitro it's not that big of a deal, but in an event you have to add the prefab list to that file so that it is available from the nitro drop down.

On 10/1/2020 at 11:35 PM, ogmogul said:

Thanks for the head's up!

Is there a way for the Nitro files to include an addition for the ConfigPrefablists.txt file? If you're familiar with Nitro it's not that big of a deal, but in an event you have to add the prefab list to that file so that it is available from the nitro drop down.

there is all the necessary files you need are in the nitrogen dl. SImply move the .txts to the resource folder of nitrogen and overwrite where asked. it contains all vanilla pois to.