stallionsden

Magolis Compo Pack (Current Thread) by Wolfbain5 and Stallionsden

MAGOLIS COMPO PACK 

So welcome to the temporary thread of the CompoPack.

Together with Wolf and the guidance of Magolis wishes both Wolf and i have churned thru every prefab and finally have a release for you guys to play with.

Compo Pack has its own Discord server FoundHERE

- Feel free to join. On the Compo Pack Discord channel you can

- Submit new prefabs to be added to the compo Pack,

- Report any errors or problems you may find

- Discuss any thoughts and ideas

- As well as general talk

***IMPORTANT INFO***

This will require a new world to be generated, not just a new save game because several prefabs have changed size which can cause severe errors in existing world when they are reset by questing.

We did a comprehensive cleaning. Every prefab has been gone through for texture stream reduction and zombie spawn site clean up in an attempt to lower lag. All quest locations should now work. Every prefab that has a quest has been gone through and updated to ensure they can be completed. Vanilla locations not included.

Minor questpath walkthroughs have been gone through to insure entry into the buildings. a Major questpath walkthrough is in the works. Many prefabs have had several of their doors unlocked in logical locations.

We have also gone through each prefab to fix paint, we may be missing a few spots, if so, please report.

A loot reduction has been done in many gamebreakingly over populated loot pois.

COMPOPACK 46 Fixes and changes include -->

- Stripped All Internal Textures
- Redid All Mesh
- Did Prefab Costs on all Prefabs
- Removed paint from under ground
- Checked and fixed block connection to terrain upon spawning for gullies

- Made sure all prefabs ran smoothly and were at correct ground levels

- All Rotations were fixed also

- Quest Pathings and tiers have been worked on all prefabs

- Replaced all fake ducts with actual duct blocks for texture saving

for a full list of changes HERE

Plus many many other work carried out.

Tasks that will be ongoing
- Replaced many blocks to their correct block for texture saving. IE: if it was painted concrete and the block under the paint was actually wood it got replaced with concrete (This will still continue into CP47 if we find more)

- Zombie amounts in prefabs were fixed to a more standardised level and per more vanilla amounts in alot of over populated pois. (Mine included lol)

- Loot rebalance will be ongoing each and every iteration of the compo pack.

- quests, pathing and zombie interactions.  Ie: active, passive and attack tags. 

DOWNLOAD THE METHOD YOU PLAY HERE:

NITROGEN

Download contains:
* Instructions on how to install CP for nitrogen.

* Prefabs.

* Example Map.
* Nitrogen Files.

Cp46 comes with its own nitrogen prefablist. Simply use the one supplied here in the download. NOT the Nitrogen one.

NITROGEN HOW TO INSTALL WITH PICTURES STEPS)

RWG MODLET

Download contains:

* Instructions on how to install modlet into game.

* Modlet.

A xml overwrite Version maybe coming (Altho modlet does the same thing)

NITROGEN INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Copy all FILES from the COMPOPACK's Prefabs-folder into your Gamefolder.../Data/Prefabs/.
IMPORTANT: Please copy just the files from the folder !!! DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE WHOLE PREFAB-FOLDER ITSELF (else it will not work) !!!

2. Copy Wolfbain5 delivered examplemap (CP460000) from the folder examplemap from this download to the 7d-saves-folder (C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds)

alternative:
generate a own world with Nitrogen versin 0.501 and copy it to the 7d-saves-folder (C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds)

3. Move all 3 .txt files into the resource folder of nitrogen

4. Customise your world with the many options available

5. Start a new Game and choose the world CP460000 (alternative the name of your own generated world) - then u will have plenty of new buildings everywhere.

MODLET INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. If you dont have a Mods folder already, Make a Mods folder in game directory If you havent already

2. Simply then open the COMPOPACK A19 CP46 (RWG MODLET) folder and Drag the COMPOPACK A19 CP46 folder inside original folder into Mods folder (steam/steamapps/common/7 days to die/Mods)

3 .Run game and enjoy

Server Instructions:

Prefabs will also need to be on client side game prefabs folder as well as servers.

CP 46 Proudly brought to you by:
MAGOLI - A legend whom kept everyone entertained with his updating of the Compo Pack for all of us to enjoy

WOLFBAIN5 - Loot, Nitrogen and Zombie Removal service as well as Quest fixer and assisted in updating prefabs. Handled Nitrogen side of things

Stallionsden - Prefab repairer, Painter, And Rotater of wrong rotated blocks and OFC annoying Wolfbain5 with my huge amount of zs and mass amount of volumes for him to sort (Your welcome Wolfbain5 haha) Handled Modlet side of things.

Plus all the many Great and amazing prefabbers out there whom have contributed to the CP over the years and all those whom will be adding more in the future.

Prefabs Removed from CP46 to be fixed and re added when ready:

* The Slums (By_Pikero)

* Chaotic RPD

* ResidentEvilMansion (by_Magoli)

DISCORD CHANNELS

PREFAB SUBMISSIONS HERE

**A mention***

We started the Compo Pack Crew to assist Magoli and make his job easier. However we have not heard from him in over 3 weeks.
Until Magoli comes back the Compo Pack will continue to thrive and grow. We await his return but in the mean time the game continues and so must we.

Please refer to original thread for any info in the O.P for now. comments welcome here to,

Original thread can be found here for cp45 dl and info:

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Thanks for taking work from him he is probably busy in real life. I hope you gonna release it soon I need compopack to download 😀

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LULZ said:

Thanks for taking work from him he is probably busy in real life. I hope you gonna release it soon I need compopack to download 😀

Thoroughly testing  and fixing. Getting closer i assure you. Tentative is still the weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Thoroughly testing  and fixing. Getting closer i assure you. Tentative is still the weekend. 

Make it happen or you are getting naked pics of me.  Unless of course you WANT the pics... then I will NOT send them unless its ready !!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Make it happen or you are getting naked pics of me.  Unless of course you WANT the pics... then I will NOT send them unless its ready !!

Lol be careful what you promise haha  🤪🤪🤪

• Like 1

I've been trying to follow the multiple threads so forgive me if I've overlooked the answer, but... how about that download link?

13 minutes ago, ogmogul said:

I've been trying to follow the multiple threads so forgive me if I've overlooked the answer, but... how about that download link?

No dl link for cp46 as yet. Its coming.

Will say there wont be any new pois in this version but your pretty much getting new pois as cp46 will be a whole new experience for you to enjoy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stallionsden said:

No dl link for cp46 as yet. Its coming.

Will say there wont be any new pois in this version but your pretty much getting new pois as cp46 will be a whole new experience for you to enjoy. 

Are links available for previous versions of the pack, say from an archival perspective? I realize you're working on a new release but I'd like a recent pack to do some testing with.

5 minutes ago, ogmogul said:

Are links available for previous versions of the pack, say from an archival perspective? I realize you're working on a new release but I'd like a recent pack to do some testing with.

In the original thread the cp45 link is still there. For dl. 

This one will be for cp 46 upwards or until magoli returns. 

3 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

In the original thread the cp45 link is still there. For dl. 

This one will be for cp 46 upwards or until magoli returns. 

Understood, and thank you! I didn't think to expand the revision history, sorry for being lazy.

Just now, ogmogul said:

Understood, and thank you! I didn't think to expand the revision history, sorry for being lazy.

nah all good. cp46 is progressing just testing stages and any fixes required atm.

update on testing

In cp 45, my usal memore use was 6-6.5 gb ram. with the texture reduction and zombie spwan stream lining, this is our result. This is currently running as a coop server on steam

image.thumb.png.0574438ecaeb1e4e26b01ef7e4b5ad72.png

Edited by wolfbain5 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

That is a truly superb decrease in processing demand. 3 months ago on a 12K map I was crashing on load out with 12gb+ RAM demand and I had to increase paging followed by get a couple more sticks of RAM. The extra RAM peaked at 14.5gb on load out until it settled down. This will open things up to a lot more low-medium end players. A fine accomplishment.

• Like 1

I wonder if the Bunker by Pille could be released with a clear or fetch/clear attribute? Just asking because it is a real challenge with a group, offers a nice supply of potentially replaceable coal, and simply adds more variety. In a 10K map I'm on now it appears about 8 times that I know of but there are still huge chunks of unexplored land and it appears to be a regular feature when a Nitro World compiles.

If you are already going over most POI's please take a look also at the sleeper volume flags. It seems to me using the latest compopack45 that few POI's have heavily overused the attack-upon-entering flags in their volumes. 

Such an event should be more of an exception than a rule. 

And it is a special kind of problem if the  POI designer has added also lions/direwolves and zombie bears into the population that can spawn in their POI for some bizarre reason. I mean OK - it could be an extra challenge, but really? - getting attacked by a zombie-bear-sleeper or even a dire wolf upon entering for a tier 1 clear quest might be a bit overdoing it?

If possible maybe just change the auto-attack volumes into normal sleeper volume which wakes the zombies up (if a flag exists for it maybe just turn them into a random walker mode)  in POI's where it seems to have been overused or if random walker is not possible flag just turn on their senses, instead of just beelining the whole small tier 1 quest POI down your throat, with lions, radioactive mother pigs, wolves and snakes and the rest of the carneval. 

Because as it currently stands some of the buildings in compopack45 seem to be just done for the purpose of trolling players using the pack. Stuff like that, for example, (good luck stepping into THAT volume without taking note of the residents):

7d2d_sead.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, arramus said:

I wonder if the Bunker by Pille could be released with a clear or fetch/clear attribute? Just asking because it is a real challenge with a group, offers a nice supply of potentially replaceable coal, and simply adds more variety. In a 10K map I'm on now it appears about 8 times that I know of but there are still huge chunks of unexplored land and it appears to be a regular feature when a Nitro World compiles.

If pille set his to be questable it is questable. If not then no wont be questable.  A poi even at tier 5 requires a certain time frame to complete it in and if you fail you get errors

2 minutes ago, Tehnomaag said:

If you are already going over most POI's please take a look also at the sleeper volume flags. It seems to me using the latest compopack45 that few POI's have heavily overused the attack-upon-entering flags in their volumes. 

Such an event should be more of an exception than a rule. 

And it is a special kind of problem if the  POI designer has added also lions/direwolves and zombie bears into the population that can spawn in their POI for some bizarre reason. I mean OK - it could be an extra challenge, but really? - getting attacked by a zombie-bear-sleeper or even a dire wolf upon entering for a tier 1 clear quest might be a bit overdoing it?

If possible maybe just change the auto-attack volumes into normal sleeper volume which wakes the zombies up (if a flag exists for it maybe just turn them into a random walker mode)  in POI's where it seems to have been overused or if random walker is not possible flag just turn on their senses, instead of just beelining the whole small tier 1 quest POI down your throat, with lions, radioactive mother pigs, wolves and snakes and the rest of the carneval. 

Because as it currently stands some of the buildings in compopack45 seem to be just done for the purpose of trolling players using the pack. Stuff like that, for example, (good luck stepping into THAT volume without taking note of the residents):

7d2d_sead.jpg

We have gone thru every poi and wolfbain5 has handled the zombie amounts and tags and triggers part and fixed them up. More will be listed as to what has been the focus and work done on cp46 when release is upon us. 

Dont believe much longer just rwgmixer  nitro stuff being done and tidy ups etc. Still also testing for any last minute problems.. bit all looking good so far. 

• Thanks 2

Sorry to be a pain, but just gearing up for CP46.

How does this part of the prefablist work? Is Nitro pulling from this area for trader placement? I didn't know if // is commenting out or commenting in a command.

At first I used this default list and it certainly spawned in a lot of psuedo traders but I'm not sure if it was just cosmetic or at the expense of other traders.

//TRADER'S :
xcostum_Lost_Joels(pseudo-trader)(by_DMC),COMMERCIAL;INDUSTRIAL;RESIDENTIALNEW;RESIDENTIALOLD;RESIDENTIAL,2,-1,37,23,37,trader
xcostum_Multi_Trader_02(by_War3zuk),Commercial;Downtown;Industrial;ResidentialNew;ResidentialOld;Residential,2,-4,30,12,29,trader
trader_bob,none,2,-1,41,27,46,trader
trader_hugh,none,2,-8,45,28,49,trader
trader_jen,none,2,-1,43,24,41,trader
trader_joel,none,2,-1,35,32,35,trader
trader_rekt,none,2,-1,37,24,37,trader

I changed it to this to see if Sparrow's Multi Trader joined the traders placed and removed the psuedo trader. It did place Sparrow's Multi Trader and I can't find any pseudo ones. Did I just get lucky or is it like a cvar setting?

//TRADER'S :
xcostum_Multi_Trader(by_Sparrow),none,2,-1,44,33,40,trader
xcostum_Multi_Trader_02(by_War3zuk),Commercial;Downtown;Industrial;ResidentialNew;ResidentialOld;Residential,2,-4,30,12,29,trader

If there is a cvar element, is it possible to have Sparrow's in there by default just like War3zuk's? The pseudo trader is cool but I hope it doesn't replace the real traders and take a precious slot? I hope you can share some insight on how it works, thx.

4 minutes ago, arramus said:

Sorry to be a pain, but just gearing up for CP46.

How does this part of the prefablist work? Is Nitro pulling from this area for trader placement? I didn't know if // is commenting out or commenting in a command.

At first I used this default list and it certainly spawned in a lot of psuedo traders but I'm not sure if it was just cosmetic or at the expense of other traders.

//TRADER'S :
xcostum_Lost_Joels(pseudo-trader)(by_DMC),COMMERCIAL;INDUSTRIAL;RESIDENTIALNEW;RESIDENTIALOLD;RESIDENTIAL,2,-1,37,23,37,trader

I changed it to this to see if Sparrow's Multi Trader joined the traders placed and removed the psuedo trader. It did place Sparrow's Multi Trader and I can't find any pseudo ones. Did I just get lucky or is it like a cvar setting?

//TRADER'S :
xcostum_Multi_Trader(by_Sparrow),none,2,-1,44,33,40,trader

If there is a cvar element, is it possible to have Sparrow's in there by default just like War3zuk's? The pseudo trader is cool but I hope it doesn't replace the real traders and take a precious slot? I hope you can share some insight on how it works, thx.

No the compo trader ones wont replace the vanilla ones at all.

• Thanks 1

i removed joels psuedo trader from trader list. it should not have been there.

the prefab with the graces have always been that way. they are just acting different this alpha, they arent set to attack, or not supposed to be. And yes, 5 prefabs are set to have oh SH! moments with attack volumes. and others have traps meant to kill set bu future bandits. but they are high level prefabs. not t1 or t2. still in the process of cleaning that up. more to come in 47. My part of 46 is done. Hound stallion if you want more. hehehe. but it should be smoother and cp quests shouldnt fail anymore

54 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

i removed joels psuedo trader from trader list. it should not have been there.

Thank you! Can I just confirm that Sparrow's Multi Trader was added up there instead just for reference purposes.

12 minutes ago, arramus said:

Thank you! Can I just confirm that Sparrow's Multi Trader was added up there instead just for reference purposes.

you can confirm lol. but whether or not it has made it maybe you will have to wait and see haha 😛

• Haha 1

it was replaced with sparrows. and sparrows is no longer a loot fest.... why would traders give that away for free?

• Like 1

There you go guys

On behalf of Magoli Creator and devoted maintainer of the Compo Pack, Wolfbain5 And myself, as well as all the contributors to the Compo Pack Compo Pack 46 is live.

NItrogen and rwg modlet in O.P

As well as the Compo Pack Discord Channel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

There you go guys

On behalf of Magoli Creator and devoted maintainer of the Compo Pack, Wolfbain5 And myself, as well as all the contributors to the Compo Pack Compo Pack 46 is live.

NItrogen and rwg modlet in O.P

As well as the Compo Pack Discord Channel

Thanks for the head's up!

Is there a way for the Nitro files to include an addition for the ConfigPrefablists.txt file? If you're familiar with Nitro it's not that big of a deal, but in an event you have to add the prefab list to that file so that it is available from the nitro drop down.