MAGOLIS COMPO PACK
So welcome to the CompoPack.
Compo Pack has its own Discord server Found - HERE
Discord Requirements: PHONE VERIFIED with Discord and in your privacy and Safety - ALLOW DIRECT MESSAGES FROM SERVER MEMBERS NEEDS TO BE ON
Once you join, agree to the rules then a verification PM will be sent for you to follow, simply follow the steps and you will be in 🙂 .
- Feel free to join. On the Compo Pack Discord channel you can
- Submit new prefabs to be added to the compo Pack,
- Report any errors or problems you may find
- Discuss any thoughts and ideas
- As well as general talk
WHAT IS THE COMPOPACK:
The Compopack is an expanded collection of custom-made prefabs for the zombie sandbox game 7 Days to Die. The poi pack/poi archive/overhaul was first compiled by Magoli in the early Alphas of the game and has continued to grow over the years. Prefabs are balanced to the pack and to work together in a vanilla setting. The compopack is also a museum and archive to keep every poi ever made alive and not forgotten.
This will require a new world to be generated, not just a new save game because several prefabs have changed size which can cause severe errors in existing world when they are reset by questing.
For multiplayer the mod will need to be installed on all player clients. This is a definate as keyracks will not work as with the many other issues caused by not having them in your prefab folder.
A comprehensive clean. Every prefab has been gone through to fit into A20 and the new tile system. A full light optimisation on prefabs, a texture go thru and zombie spawn site clean up in an attempt to lower lag. All quest locations should now work. Every prefab that has a quest has been gone through and updated to ensure they can be completed. Vanilla locations not included.
A questpath walkthroughs have been gone through to insure entry into the buildings. a Major questpath walkthrough is ongoing. Many prefabs have had several of their doors unlocked in logical locations.
Also gone through each prefab to fix paint, a gew spots may be missing, if so, please report.
A large loot reduction has been done in many gamebreakingly over populated loot pois.
Tasks that will be ongoing
- Replaced many blocks to their correct block for texture saving. IE: if it was painted concrete and the block under the paint was actually wood it got replaced with concrete (This will still continue into CP47 if we find more)
- Zombie amounts in prefabs were fixed to a more standardised level and per more vanilla amounts in alot of over populated pois. (Mine included lol)
- Loot rebalance will be ongoing each and every iteration of the compo pack.
- quests, pathing and zombie interactions. Ie: active, passive and attack tags.
DOWNLOAD THE METHOD YOU PLAY HERE:
MODLET: Version 48.1
Step 1: Unzip
Step 2: Add CP48 Complete to your - *Users/Usernames/Roaming/7daystodie/Mods*
***CP48.1 COMPLETE BETTER FPS***
CP48.1 COMPLETE BETTER FPS (Separates the Mods folder from the Prefabs.)
Step 1: Unzip
Step 2: The contents of the *CP48 Complete (MODS Part 1)* folder goes into the Mods folder located in - *Users/Usernames/Roaming/7daystodie/Mods*
Step 3: Contents of the *CP48 Complete (PREFABS Part 2)* folder goes inside of - *Steam/Steamapps/Common/7 Days To Die/Data/Prefabs*
1. Add Contents of Prefabs Folder To your server prefabs folder
ADVANCED USERS ONLY -
[Server owners and those whom create maps for servers of their group etc require Part 1 and Part 2]
[Players joining a server or dedi game with the cp installed only require part 2]
Contents of *CP48 Complete (MODS Part 1) * goes into - *Users/Usernames/Roaming/7daystodie/Mods*
PART II required by all. server owners, map creators, players and server prefab folder
Server Owners can simply guide players to this link
Contents of - *CP48 Complete (PREFABS Part 2)* goes into -
Server - Server Prefabs Folder
Server Owners Prefab Folder - *Steam/Steamapps/Common/7 Days To Die/Data/Prefabs*
Players - Players Game Prefab Folder - *Steam/Steamapps/Common/7 Days To Die/Data/Prefabs*
Map Creators - Game Prefab Folder - *Steam/Steamapps/Common/7 Days To Die/Data/Prefabs*
How To Use Infinity:
AS prefabs are required on both server and client side of every user that joins your server. After you have selected the prefabs you only wish on your server and they appear in your prefab folder bundle them up and send to your players and drag them into your server prefab folder to. For sending to other users you can simply save a preset in infinity and send them the saved txt file they can then load up in infinity and it dl for them as well.
INFINITY STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
HOW TO SET UP AND USE INFINITY:
1. Find pathsettings.txt and open using any text reader like notepad or notepad++
2. Get your game address where the 7daystodie.exe is and past into first line of pathsettings.txt (Instructions on how to do this in the README_FIRST.txt)
3. Get your appdata address C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie and past in 2nd line. (see video on how to unhide the appdata folder)
4. Save and close.
5. Run the infinity v1.exe (a screen will appear and run thru a few processess)
6. Read then hit any key. The following settlements need just a "Y" or a "N"
6a. Fabbersville - "Y" you see fabbersville poi_tile set option. Fabbersville - "N" Fabbersville Poi Tile set skipped.
6b. Megacity - "Y" you see Mega City Poi Tile Set option. Mega City "N" Mega City Poi Tile Set skipped.
6c. Fabbersville - "Y" Fabbersville Poi Tile Set "N" Mega City - "Y" Mega City Poi Tile Set "N" (As lpng as Mega City and/or fabbersville is selected you will get corralating Poi Tile Set option that is attached to that settlement.
7. Continue to choose Y/N for the remaining settlements.
STEP 2: POI Tile Sets that spawn in Vanilla Cities a "Y" or a "N" response fpr the following 20 poi/tile sets.
[I reccomend either have the poi tile sets in gabbersville and mega city only and not in vanilla cities (so "Y" to fabbers and mega poi tile sets and "N" to the Step 2 poi tile sets. or vice versa - "N" to gabbersville and Mega City Poi Tile Sets and "Y" to all Step 2 Poi Tile Sets.]
CP Pois that spawn in vanilla cities:
Top Line Left side:
* Select all (removes all in that district. click twice to undo back to all selected.)
* Load Preset (adds a preset previously done prior)
* Save Preset (saves the current list for future use to save redoing step 3 all again) [Saves the list in the infinity folder]
* Back To Step 1 (returns to the first step in case you change your mind)
* Back to step 2 (Returns you to step 2 in case you change your mind)
- Pois list left side.
- Category Selection middle top [Districts containing in each what cp pois spawn in each district]
- Tag Selection middle bottom [highlight all attached to the tag - LMB (left Mouse Button) Remove all attached to that tag - RMB (Right Mouse Button)]
- Poi Info right top [Name of poi, allowed biomes, editor group, size, sleeper volumes and min and max, Difficulty tier, Questable, yoffset]
- Poi Picture right bottom
***Please note*** Biome Decoration Tag does NOT work
Once you finish going thru these hit Install Files
next page gives you a chance to return to change or add or remove any you mistake or what not by pressing any key [OTHER then 1]
Press 1 to complete and start the adding process.
Once complete press any key and close program. Run game and enjoy.
once the server host completes the above they have a few options to get the list of prefabs to the players to join their servers with:
1. Simply save a preset and send this preset to the player for them to load infinity and use to get the pois placed in the right folders/ [Pathsettings.txt will need to be correct for them on their end.
2. Simply zip up the prefabs placed in the prefab folder and send to the player/s to be placed in the prefab folder.
Play and enjoy
The poi tile sets are monotinous meaning if you have them in fabbersville, megacity and the vanilla cities you will see alot of them. I recommend the poi tile sets be in fabbersville and megacity only no vanilla cities OR none in fabbersville and megacity and them in vanilla cities only.
Prefabs will also need to be on client side as well as server side.
CP 48 Proudly brought to you by:
MAGOLI - A legend whom kept everyone entertained with his updating of the Compo Pack for all of us to enjoy
Plus all the many Great and amazing prefabbers out there whom have contributed to the CP over the years and all those whom will be adding more in the future..
Prefabs Removed from CP to be fixed and re added when ready:
* The Slums (By_Pikero)
* ResidentEvilMansion (by_Magoli)
Please refer to original thread for any info in the O.P for now. comments welcome here to,
Original thread can be found here for cp45 dl and info: