Resident Evil (Spencer Mansion)

FranticDan

It's time to go back to where it all began in 1996, to the Spencer Mansion. Enter the Survival Horror!

Since Alpha 16, I have been building the iconic mansion from the very first Resident Evil (Remake version)

I have made the recreation as accurate as possible with measurements and décor placements within the limits of 7 Days to Die.

I have added some minor interactions with the layout, you COULD break down that door, or you can wire up and power the door to open.

For quick play, I have made some changes to the Navezgane map and the starting quest so that you spawn in front of the mansion (where the corn field usually is) and are given some equipment and levels to help recreate that Resident Evil experience in first person. You can always choose to cancel the quest if you want an extra challenge.

To install, overwrite the files into your game directory.
To uninstall, simply go to the game options in steam, select the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity of Game Files...

Edit: Second attachment is the prefab files on its own, added the rally point for questing.

Spencer Mansion.rar

Spencer Mansion (Resident Evil).rar

Hi FranticDan. I took a good look at Spencer Mansion in the editor and it has plenty of polish in it and will be a superb Prefab for the CP if you allow it to head that way. However, I wanted to do a good run through.

I just have a question about initiating a quest. Did you add any rally quest markers? I joined the map and went straight to the trader to start a fetch and clear. The quest began but the rally point was set on the far SW corner and about 30 meters underground. I wasn't around in A16 if that is when the mansion began its construction and am not familiar if the process was different back then.

On 10/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, arramus said:

Hi FranticDan. I took a good look at Spencer Mansion in the editor and it has plenty of polish in it and will be a superb Prefab for the CP if you allow it to head that way. However, I wanted to do a good run through.

I just have a question about initiating a quest. Did you add any rally quest markers? I joined the map and went straight to the trader to start a fetch and clear. The quest began but the rally point was set on the far SW corner and about 30 meters underground. I wasn't around in A16 if that is when the mansion began its construction and am not familiar if the process was different back then.

Oops, my bad! I completely forget to place a rally point.

I believe the mansion will be included in CP 47 :)
Quests were added in A17, so the rally point wasn't even on my mind.

4 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

Oops, my bad! I completely forget to place a rally point.

I believe the mansion will be included in CP 47 :)

will take a look at it,.

we are only adding 20 - 30 pois to cp47 and there is a fair list of em. I would like to add all the new ones at once but after continuing optimisation of the cp and then going thru the prefabs we already have to be added this maybe cp 48

4 hours ago, stallionsden said:

will take a look at it,.

we are only adding 20 - 30 pois to cp47 and there is a fair list of em. I would like to add all the new ones at once but after continuing optimisation of the cp and then going thru the prefabs we already have to be added this maybe cp 48

Oh, no worries! I was going off what Captain Krunch told me.

30 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

Oh, no worries! I was going off what Captain Krunch told me.

Cpt crunch is a great guy. But wolf and i handle the cp.  And optimisations have been the focus of cp46 and most of cp47.  New ones will be added tho in cp47 however there are a few back logged atm til we are on top of the existing prefabs.  

But always in the search for new pois lol. Wolf hates it haha... 

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

Cpt crunch is a great guy. But wolf and i handle the cp.  And optimisations have been the focus of cp46 and most of cp47.  New ones will be added tho in cp47 however there are a few back logged atm til we are on top of the existing prefabs.  

But always in the search for new pois lol. Wolf hates it haha... 

In this alpha, I removed a decent amount of foliage to try to help with optimisation. I'm hoping the lighting doesn't course much of an issue, I put in a lot of effort to getting the lighting feel right and give that eerie feeling.

I've edited my post and added the prefab files with the rally point for questing. Let me know if you find any issues and I'll do what I can :)

5 hours ago, FranticDan said:

In this alpha, I removed a decent amount of foliage to try to help with optimisation. I'm hoping the lighting doesn't course much of an issue, I put in a lot of effort to getting the lighting feel right and give that eerie feeling.

I've edited my post and added the prefab files with the rally point for questing. Let me know if you find any issues and I'll do what I can :)

Nice work and shall do.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived