EAC Is banning/kicking me from joining servers because I can't download the World within the 6 minute kick timer

Worrun

Hey all,

When yoi join a new server your client downloads the world from the server.

If you cannot download this within 6 minutes, EAC sees you are *sus* and kicks you, and bans you for 10, 13 or 15 minutes.

How can I get around this? I am trying to join Reach Gaming's Patreon server so disabling EAC isn't really an option.

I have a Desktop PC at home, with the best connection available in my *very rural* area.

Never had this issue before with over 1,000 hours played - but this 6 minute thingy is causing my issue now.

Any advise is greatly welcome! I have already tried completely stream-lining my connection and closing everything, but I get to about 75% and my time runs out.

Thanks in advance

11 hours ago, Mousebots said:

Hey, just a small input/idea -

Have you asked the host/admin to send you perhabs the map outside of the game and you put it manualy in your folder? That way you maybe can join and skip the download.

Regards, Mousebots

After a bit of fault-finding we gave that a try, but I am still only getting to the mid 70's in download percentage.

I will ask the admin if they can turn off EAC for me to get in initially, from then on should be fine.

52 minutes ago, Worrun said:

After a bit of fault-finding we gave that a try, but I am still only getting to the mid 70's in download percentage.

I will ask the admin if they can turn off EAC for me to get in initially, from then on should be fine.

Good luck on that mate! 

Too bad my idea didnt work :( 

On 9/25/2020 at 1:09 PM, Mousebots said:

Good luck on that mate! 

Too bad my idea didnt work :( 

Mr Reach was kind enough to turn off EAC for 10 minutes for me to download the world and log in, the only way I could find a fix for the issue. Thanks for trying to help though, I really appreciate it!

The EAC ban occurs after 15 minutes downloading. It kicks the player for too many dropped packets to save the server's performance.

This will occur under the following circumstances.

• The map is larger than 8k. (Usually up to 12k is fine, but past 12k this is almost guaranteed.)
  • The client's ping to the server is too high. (In testing, higher than 70ms ping to a large map can cause this.)
  • The client doesn't have enough RAM and CPU power to process the map data. (either because the map is too large, or because the client's hardware really sucks.)

• The client's ping to the server is too high. (In testing, higher than 70ms ping to a large map can cause this.)
  • - Possible, as my ping on the server was around 170ms
  • The client doesn't have enough RAM and CPU power to process the map data. (either because the map is too large, or because the client's hardware really sucks.)
  •  - Plenty of RAM and CPU
  • The EAC ban occurs after 15 minutes downloading
  •  - From what I found, it was kicking after only 6 minutes of downloading and this was done many, many times
On 10/1/2020 at 6:35 PM, Jugginator said:

What is your average download speed? https://www.speedtest.net/ 

3d7dffb2dfe79146101d8ffd6247c434.png

Archived