Jump to content
kkonabrotherr

issues with not being able to find latest_experminetal in my betas tab

Recommended Posts

yesterday I logged on to find my 7d2d had updated automatically to 19.1b8 and my server was on 19.0 still. I am not the owner of the server so I did not have the ability to update the server so instead of waiting opted out and redownloaded 19.0 stable to so I could play on it. During this time the owner updated the server to 19.1b8 and now I do not have the ability to play on it. Ive tried everything I can think of ie restarting steam completely, uninstalling both steam and 7d2d and reinstalling and still no latest_experimental showing up in my betas tab. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nevermind, missreaded a line, i thought i could help lol

Have you no option to install 19.1 B8 in the stable builds?

Edited by Mousebots
Misreaded smth first (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mousebots said:

Go for 19.1 B8 stable.

This is "the latest" experimental too... i really dont know why the fun pimps handles this kinda .... far from optimal.

as  much as I would like to the closest one showing for me is 19.0 stable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actualy that is also the case for me... i just checked. I just got lucky that i installed the 19.1B8 Experimental via latest experimental before they pushed it to stable.

I readed somewhere to resign from beta programms... have you tryd that too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mousebots said:

Actualy that is also the case for me... i just checked. I just got lucky that i installed the 19.1B8 Experimental via latest experimental before they pushed it to stable.

I readed somewhere to resign from beta programms... have you tryd that too?

yes I have, I guess I may just have to wait for the next update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kkonabrotherr said:

yes I have, I guess I may just have to wait for the next update

Thats really unfortunate.

I hope TFP reads these topics and also the many discussions in steam where people had big issues too for this push from experimental to stable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no "named" option for 19.1 stable, because it is the latest stable. Opt out of every beta branch by selecting "none" and you will get the latest stable, which currently is the 19.1 you are searching for.

11 minutes ago, Mousebots said:

I hope TFP reads these topics and also the many discussions in steam where people had big issues too for this push from experimental to stable.

I don't get how someone can not find how to do it, if he already searched for it. Exactly this question came up here in the forum three times only today and all three have been answered how to do it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

There is no "named" option for 19.1 stable, because it is the latest stable. Opt out of every beta branch by selecting "none" and you will get the latest stable, which currently is the 19.1 you are searching for.

I don't get how someone can not find how to do it, if he already searched for it. Exactly this question came up here in the forum three times only today and all three have been answered how to do it!

What you suggest, worked before, but not now anymore... i dont know why, but thats how it is and thats why i think this exp to stable is a mess lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

There is no "named" option for 19.1 stable, because it is the latest stable. Opt out of every beta branch by selecting "none" and you will get the latest stable, which currently is the 19.1 you are searching for.

wow so easy I should of just ran the game, thank you very much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mousebots said:

What you suggest, worked before, but not now anymore... i dont know why, but thats how it is and thats why i think this exp to stable is a mess lol 

Then maybe switching branches failed. I'd try verifying the installation files in steam or if this doesn't work delete and download it again.

 

The more anoying thing for people playing on servers is, that sadly steam forces to update once it found one. There sadly is no option to only install updates after a manual confirmation... So once there is an update, you have to wait until the server becomes also updated.

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kkonabrotherr said:

wow so easy I should of just ran the game, thank you very much 

Glad that worked out for you.
 

 

2 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Then maybe switching branches failed. I'd try verifying the installation files in steam or if this doesn't work delete and download it again.

Well for him it worked and for me it isnt required anymore, as it worked for me due to having the experimental already the a19.1 b8, but reproducing and resigning from beta etc, that didnt work for me anymore, so i really dont know what happened this update, these things worked better before^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is weird but I just noticed that I do not have any betas in the list anymore! Only have Stable builds and the last one is 19.0! And an option to quit of any betas! What a shame!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize if this has been answered in many previous posts but I am new to the game and rent a server so that my friends can play as well. On a related topic Steam auto updated my game to 19.1 but the server is still 19.0. Administrators did update it at my request to 19.1 but it completely wiped all of my 19.0 progress and we had to start fresh.

 

I have since had  the server backdated to 19.0 but cant play atm as the game is still 19.1

 

Is there a way to update the server to 19.1 and retain progress or does it automatically wipe your previous game and start fresh with each update no matter how minor (like the 19.0 to 19.1 update)?

 

I would have assumed it would only start the game from scratch with each actual version update ie 18 to 19. ?

 

Many thanks for any reply that can sort this for me.  Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pyro1971 said:

Is there a way to update the server to 19.1 and retain progress or does it automatically wipe your previous game and start fresh with each update no matter how minor (like the 19.0 to 19.1 update)?

It does not automatically wipe your game. Someone would have to manually do that. It probably changed your serverconfig.xml file,

which directs the game to load a certain save. To get your game back, use the same data from the A19.0 serverconfig.xml in your 19.1

setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cheers heaps for that, will copy paste this to the server administrators and give it a go. Thanks heaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...