Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

10 hours ago, Kalen said:

Ok, call it what you will.... my point, regardless of labels, was that the game's focus has clearly changed over the years.

A good example of a focus change: Up until maybe A12(?) (EDIT: It seems it was A10 according to Roland) there was no RPG type progression in the game for example (so I've heard). Your progress was only defined by what you carried, i.e. by your equipment.

Now RPG was promised on the kickstarter so it can't be said that they changed their minds. Inside TFP it looked like just another missing part was added. But to some people outside it might have looked like TFP changed their mind and adopted a new idea.

The gradual change between LBD and perk-based system between A15 and A17 on the other hand seems to have been prototyping of different systems until TFP was satisfied with one, an example of changing their mind.

meganoth

meganoth

11 minutes ago, Kalen said:

Ok, call it what you will.... my point, regardless of labels, was that the game's focus has clearly changed over the years.

A good example of a focus change: Up until maybe A12(?) there was no RPG type progression in the game for example (so I've heard). Your progress was only defined by what you carried, i.e. by your equipment.

Now RPG was promised on the kickstarter so it can't be said that they changed their minds. Inside TFP it looked like just another missing part was added. But to some people outside it might have looked like TFP changed their mind and adopted a new idea.

The gradual change between LBD and perk-based system between A15 and A17 on the other hand seems to have been prototyping of different systems until TFP was satisfied with one, an example of changing their mind.