Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Kyonshi

Kyonshi

I think the root of the problem is that a large majority of the gaming community is used to see an Assassin's Creed or a Call of Duty come out every year (and we've seen its not always a good thing). Therefore, a game that's been in developement for 7 years is "outrageous". They either are too stubborn or cant compute that its a small team who develop such a monumental world, where everything is destructible and where there's thousands upon thousands of interactions possible, between so many elements, that it results into being a colossal task of putting everything together in a well oiled, cohesive machine, which will take several years.

Just look at Rockstar, for instance. They have several hundreds of people in the place, they are multi-BILLIONAIRE, and they still take about 5-6 years to make a GTA iteration. Looking back at the Pimps who are 7 years into making a huge game, which is now well-playable, with a fraction of the staff Rockstar has, i think its a pretty impressive feat and i can only support them all the way because of this.

Its all a matter of stopping being entitled, pulling your head out of your ass and putting things into perspective.

Kyonshi

Kyonshi

I think the root of the problem is that a large majority of the gaming community is used to see an Assassin's Creed or a Call of Duty come out every year (and we've seen its not always a good thing), a game that's been in developement for 7 years is "outrageous". They either are too stubborn or cant compute that its a small team who develop such a monumental world, where everything is destructible and where there's thousands upon thousands of interactions possible, between so many elements, that it results into being a colossal task of putting everything together in a well oiled, cohesive machine, which will take several years.

Just look at Rockstar, for instance. They have several hundreds of people in the place, they are multi-BILLIONAIRE, and they still take about 5-6 years to make a GTA iteration. Looking back at the Pimps who are 7 years into making a huge game, which is now well-playable, with a fraction of the staff Rockstar has, i think its a pretty impressive feat and i can only support them all the way because of this.

Its all a matter of stopping being entitled, pulling your head out of your ass and putting things into perspective.

Kyonshi

Kyonshi

I think the root of the problem is that for a large majority of the gaming community that's used to see an Assassin's Creed or a Call of Duty come out every year (and we've seen its not always a good thing), a game that's been in developement for 7 years is "outrageous". They either are too stubborn or can computer to see that its a small team who develop such a monumental world, where everything is destructible and where there's thousands upon thousands of interactions possible, between so many elements, that it results into being a colossal task of putting everything together in a well oiled, cohesive machine, which will take several years.