Getting electrocuted without power connected

Sjustus548

I'm setting up a horde night base and using powered hatches connected to switches.  While hooking it up, my wife and I noticed we were getting shocked whenever we would pass by the switches.  We thought it was a new thing the devs added in until we realized that we hadn't even put the generators down yet.  Anyone else run in to a problem like this or am I doing something wrong?  I attached a picture but it probably doesn't show anything useful.  

Powered Hatches.jpg

1 minute ago, Jugginator said:

Is there anything else connected? As in, did you connect any wires that are on the same setup to electric fence posts or anything?

Nope.  The only thing I had connected was the switch to the Powered Hatches.  The generators and electric fences were still in my inventory.  

Interesting. I'll investigate this, I was already looking at another issue with getting zapped on a dedi server. In theory you aren't doing anything wrong, especially if there's no power hooked up :) But also, no, you shouldn't be getting shocked in that setup even with it powered, only electric fence posts.

1 hour ago, JCrook1028 said:

Is it a server that YOU set up and set the rules for or did someone else do so and mod it?

It's a dedicated server thru Nitrado.  I set it up thru them and decided on all the settings but we aren't using any mods.  The closest thing we have to a mod might be that I changed the xml files to have more zombies spawn.  Other than that it is just the basic server settings that I changed.

Archived